What is the best UFO case you have ever heard about?

page: 1
25
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
It's all night UFO madness here in ATS to welcome in 2012 ladies and jelly beans.

Even if in the end they were debunked, even if in the end it ended up being a hoax, what was the UFO case that really grabbed your interest and held you in a vise?

Quote a paragraph, of your favorite UFO cases.
(Up to 3 separate cases if you want)
When you quote the paragraph, really try to grab the reader's interest.

I will give you a case I thought was extraordinary when it first broke on Brazillian TV, that gripped me, and dragged me along that dark mysterious road of mystery and intrigue.

THE VARGINHA CASE

-NORAD contacts the Brazil military and informs them a UFO is going down in their area.
-farmers notice their cows are acting up, investigate and see a UFO. The UFO will be seen by numerous witnesses and there is more. An EBE is spotted by numerous witnesses in town and they call the authorities.


When four firemen arrived in a fireengine, they noticed that it was not a strange animal at all, and they also found the miltary already on the spot. The man in charge who send the four firemen to Jardim Andere to check the situation was Major Maciel. These firemen, at the moment they arrived there, called the major thru radio and asked him to go there too as the situation was more complicated than they thought. The Major arrived aprox. 10:30 AM, but by then the capture of the EBE was allready done. It was done with a net for wild animals and they used common gloves, but were afraid of radiation. According to witnesses on spot there were some people, including children who throwed some stones towards the EBE, who appeared apathic to the way he was treated. He only gave away a noise similar to bees buzzing. The adress of where the EBE was captured is in front of the house at Rua Suecia 3, Jardim Andere. The EBE was then placed in a wooden box with a white plastic canvas-cover, stretched hard to really make insight impossible, and transported away by a army truck.


WHat is your favorite case or cases?




posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Rocketman7
 


This is no personal attack nor a substitute for critical thinking (though that one can be debated...), but that is a pretty subjective question, open to personal interpretation, which is the bane of all fringe topics - unfortunately...


One might find the '52 Capital case the most worthy of attention, while others may find the film Independence Day to be the most profound...





Point is: Go here - ask.abovetopsecret.com... and you should find what you are looking for...





posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
I like the Vega saucer photo taken by Vega with a Polaroid instant camera as
it sailed along some river ravine not too far off the ground.
www.google.com...
Polaroid photos were also taken by Rex Heflin of a flat disk.
www.google.com...
Not from space just over the horizon from a base.
The best sightings were not to high up and going slow.
Well Travis Walton saw Tesla ships on the ground inside a base.
Some oval types and a flat disk like Heflin photographed.



posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by facelift
reply to post by Rocketman7
 


This is no personal attack nor a substitute for critical thinking (though that one can be debated...), but that is a pretty subjective question, open to personal interpretation, which is the bane of all fringe topics - unfortunately...


One might find the '52 Capital case the most worthy of attention, while others may find the film Independence Day to be the most profound...





Point is: Go here - ask.abovetopsecret.com... and you should find what you are looking for...





Well I was hoping you would quote a paragraph that would portray a bit of the excitement that existed during the incident. Sending me to search ATS was not exactly what I had in mind, but I just happen to have a link to an actual video of that event. The UFO's over Washington DC in 1952.




Seen on radar, seen from the ground, and at one point chased by jet fighters.



posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Rendlesham Forest incident
Phoenix Lights
Shag Harbor Incident
Hudson Valley wave
Belgium wave
Stephenville Texas incident(s)
O'Hare incident
Illinois Triangle UFO Sighting (by multiple police officers) across multiple counties
Two one mile+ long cigar shaped craft over the English channel seen by multiple people inside of a plane

Those are my personal favorites and the best that I have heard/read about. All of those cases have multiple eyewitnesses by both civilian and military along with police.
edit on 1-1-2012 by -Blackout- because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   
I'd have to go with the rendlesham forest event as my favourite aswell.


Another one that i have been very interested in for a while now is the sighting of several yellowish cylindrical objects spotted in in the area of the channel islands, by a small airbus pilot and his passengers. Apparently the pilot estimated the object(s) to be several miles across.

Obligatory link for those interested: en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 1/1/2012 by InsideYourMind because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by TeslaandLyne
I like the Vega saucer photo taken by Vega with a Polaroid instant camera as
it sailed along some river ravine not too far off the ground.
www.google.com...
Polaroid photos were also taken by Rex Heflin of a flat disk.
www.google.com...
Not from space just over the horizon from a base.
The best sightings were not to high up and going slow.
Well Travis Walton saw Tesla ships on the ground inside a base.
Some oval types and a flat disk like Heflin photographed.



Again from 1952. George Adamski, claimed to have made contact with extraterrestrials.

Photo taken by George Adamski...

upload.wikimedia.org...

Lots of video footage taken by Adamski is available in youtube as well. The case has been researched by a lot of people including some analysis of some video by people at NASA.

And oddly enough if you listen to the NASA specialist how he describes the effect of the craft in the Adamski video he talks about the same effects that I showed in the UFO video in the woods. The red plasma beneath the craft, and the air turbulence.



Unfortunately Adamski to me appears to be trying to tell people something he knows, that he is unable to express in other terms, and is forced to use props, just as Billy Meir did, to try to pass on some information that he is unable to pass on any other way. But that's just my opinion.

Compare that video to the one I uploaded to megaupload...

You will need to view that video in some real good quality player to see the red glow beneath it and the air turbulence just before it reaches the trees.

But the Adamski craft to me, looked like it is a bit old fashioned WRT what I might think was high tech. You know it looks sort of cast ironish, and rivets as opposed to sleek and aerodynamic. Again just my opinion.



posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Betty and Barney Hill is truly the best of the best



posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Well of course Roswell is what first.grabbed my attention, even took the kids camping there a couple years back for the big 4th of July UFO festival....

Best cases?...
Colares Brazil and Project Saucer
Shag Harbor
Incident at Exeter
DC Merry go Round 1952 (the pic of the white house seems bunk though)
Roswell
Stephensville
Phoenix "lights"....but actually the early sightings, not the lights/flares...
Soccoro, NM
OHIO police chase

edit: sorry I'm on my phone so links and quotes are a hassle...
edit on 1-1-2012 by Toxicsurf because: no links



posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rocketman7
Well I was hoping you would quote a paragraph that would portray a bit of the excitement that existed during the incident. Sending me to search ATS was not exactly what I had in mind, but I just happen to have a link to an actual video of that event. The UFO's over Washington DC in 1952.




Seen on radar, seen from the ground, and at one point chased by jet fighters.


The really was a significant 1952 flap but this video isn't real.

It was a recreation for a television show.



posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Toxicsurf
 


What was the Ohio police chase about? Which case was that exactly? Reason im asking is because one of mine was the same way. It was the Illinois triangle when police chased this huge triangle over multiple counties calling in to the next county and so on.



posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by -Blackout-
 


Think we're talking about the same case. I just mis~spoke, er mis~wrote...



posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by -Blackout-
reply to post by Toxicsurf
 


What was the Ohio police chase about? Which case was that exactly? Reason im asking is because one of mine was the same way. It was the Illinois triangle when police chased this huge triangle over multiple counties calling in to the next county and so on.


Yeah that was a great case. Listening to the radio chatter there as they chased this thing was exciting.

But then the story seemed to peter out to just a light near the end. Or the planet Venus.

They chased the planet Venus across 3 counties. lol

Isn't it amazing how these things unfold? First its an alien craft 50 feet in diameter 20 feet in the air hovering in a cul de sac and police are on the scene. But then by the end of the story it is the planet Venusssssss.
edit on 1-1-2012 by Rocketman7 because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Want to see a good alien encounter? This is a good one. Too funny.




posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Rocketman7
 


There are so many. and i'm sure most people will know all the good ones, so i'll add one from Australia you might not have read about.

It's called the "Westall UFO"



The Westall UFO encounter is an event that occurred on 6 April 1966 in Melbourne, Victoria, Australia. Around 11.00 am, for about 20 minutes, more than 200 students and teachers at two Victorian state schools allegedly witnessed an unexplained flying object



www.westall66ufo.com.au...
www.onlymelbourne.com.au...
en.wikipedia.org...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 1/1/12 by dadfortruth1 because: fixed my link



posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by sweetnlow
Betty and Barney Hill is truly the best of the best


Ah yes Betty and Barney, great case.


According to a variety of reports given by the Hills, the alleged UFO sighting happened on September 19, 1961, at around 10:30 p.m. The Hills were driving back to Portsmouth from a vacation in Niagara Falls and Montreal, Quebec, Canada. There were only a few other cars on the road as they made their way home to New Hampshire's seacoast. Just south of Lancaster, New Hampshire, Betty claimed to have observed a bright point of light in the sky that moved from below the moon and the planet Jupiter, upward to the west of the moon. While Barney navigated U.S. Route 3, Betty reasoned that she was observing a falling star, only it moved upward, like a plane or a satellite.[3] Since it moved erratically and grew bigger and brighter, Betty urged Barney to stop the car for a closer look, as well as to walk their dog, Delsey. Barney stopped at a scenic picnic area just south of Twin Mountain. Worried about the presence of bears, Barney retrieved a pistol that he had concealed in the trunk of the car.[4]


They get abducted, anal probed, and Betty sees a star map.

Much of the incident is recalled under hypnosis.

and reading further... as everything turns to swamp gas as it always does



Sheaffer reports that Betty Hill as late as 1977 would still go on UFO vigils three times a week. During one evening she was joined by UFO enthusiast, John Oswald, who when asked about Mrs. Hill's continuing UFO observations, Oswald stated, she is not really seeing UFO's but she is calling them that. On the night we went out together "Mrs. Hill was unable to 'distinguish between a landed UFO and a streetlight'". In a later interview, Sheaffer recounts that Betty Hill writes "'UFO's are a new science... and our science cannot explain them'".[42]


Again similar to Admaski and Meir, people who experience the unknown and have no way to pass on that information which is 'experiential' in nature.



posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by dadfortruth1
reply to post by Rocketman7
 


There are so many. and i'm sure most people will know all the good ones, so i'll add one from Australia you might not have read about.

It's called the "Westall UFO"



The Westall UFO encounter is an event that occurred on 6 April 1966 in Melbourne, Victoria, Australia. Around 11.00 am, for about 20 minutes, more than 200 students and teachers at two Victorian state schools allegedly witnessed an unexplained flying object



www.westall66ufo.com.au...
www.onlymelbourne.com.au...
en.wikipedia.org...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 1/1/12 by dadfortruth1 because: fixed my link



Great case. 200 witnesses and to hear it recounted well, you would have to be the biggest skeptic in the world or an alien disinfo agent not to believe that these people saw exactly what they claim.

And does this look familiar? Here is a sketch of the disk they saw by one of the kids, now grown, who was 3 feet away from it on the ground, and saw it lift off.

www.imagebam.com...

It looks again like the disk video I uploaded to megaupload.



posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 03:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Rocketman7
 


hey your right, very similar.
It is also a modern looking design, unlike many UFO descriptions from that time.



posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 03:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Rocketman7
 


Please tell me this isn't another attempt at trying to talk about that fake ass UFO video you uploaded? You've mentioned it in this thread again 2-3 times already..


It got put into the hoax bin for a reason. Please don't turn this topic into a deranged rant about the FAKE UFO video.

Staying on subject, Rendlesham Forest incident and Westall UFO.



posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rocketman7

Yeah that was a great case. Listening to the radio chatter there as they chased this thing was exciting.

But then the story seemed to peter out to just a light near the end. Or the planet Venus.

They chased the planet Venus across 3 counties. lol

Isn't it amazing how these things unfold? First its an alien craft 50 feet in diameter 20 feet in the air hovering in a cul de sac and police are on the scene. But then by the end of the story it is the planet Venusssssss.
edit on 1-1-2012 by Rocketman7 because: (no reason given)



Where do you get this information that the Illinois cops were "chasing Venus"? Because that very lame explanation does not comport AT ALL to the testimony of the witnesses (mostly police officers) or to the tran_audio of their communications that night.

Are people really so intellectually careless as to accept "Venus"as a reasonable explanation for those events?





top topics
 
25
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join