It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Sell out of America . Our top export " FUEL"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by antonia

My point was we have massive oil fields and we're first using foreign resources before we tap our own.

The prior list is of hundreds of billions of barrels of easy drilling that are off-limits on the coasts, in Alaska, and there's liquid oil also in tar sands and shale fields. This is excluding the hundreds of billions of barrels that are hard to get that you're focused on (shale, deepwater).

Personally I don't care if oil prices rise due to natural supply and demand. This will lead to alternative energy sources at competitive non-subsidized prices. I strongly object to false economies imposed by a misguided government and public policy that leads to further wasteful spending.

My point was we have massive oil fields and we're first using foreign resources before we tap our own.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Dbriefed

Tar Sands?
en.wikipedia.org...
Nope, it's not easy oil and you can't get it without steam injection.
Oil shale?
en.wikipedia.org...
Nope not liquid, it's a rock.

As for ANWAR, you do realize ANWAR is a blip? There's barely enough there to get the U.S. by 6 months. And you are still working with unproven numbers, they will be lower than you believe as they always are. As for the price, you better care because once it gets to a certain point the entire economy will collapse. 5 dollars a gallon will be here by the end of 2012 in many cities. Our economy cannot take anything past that, people will be unable to get gas and the whole thing will begin to fall apart.
As for Alternative energies, there is not energy as potent or cheap as oil. Hydrogen is a least 50 years out. If we are going to do anything with AE it should have started twenty years ago. Unless you believe in some kind of Dues ex Machina that will save us in the next 5 years?

<< 1   >>

join