It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seoul Times Newspaper now reporting on the consumption of babies in China (Graphic)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
***DO NOT SCROLL DOWN IF YOU ARE NOT PREPARED TO VIEW GRAPHIC PHOTOS***
[photos removed by staff]

Ok, where to put this? No idea. Mods?

Anyways, it seems that the rumor mill of the Chinese eating babies is again ramping up but in an entirely different venue. The Seoul Times of all places!

An email report received by The Seoul Times confirmed that news with several vivid and appalling pictures of human embryos and fetuses being made into a soup for human consumption.

Now that this has been reported in a more reputable paper, is it true? And if so, what can be done about it?

My biggest question would be not the legal point but rather the moral one. How can people do this in this day and age? And then there is the question of how does one knowingly sit down to eat a fetus? Really?
seoultimes

(Guangdong) is now in focus. Chinese folks there are enjoying baby herbal soup to increase overall health and stamina and the power of sexual performance in particular.

I know that this has been reported before and has been relegated to the hoax bin but as it is now surfacing in a Korean National newspaper, maybe it should be looked at a little more seriously?

Also, why is it not reported in the Western MSM?

The cost in Chinese currency is approximately Rs 2,000 (which is about US$4,000). A factory manager was interviewed and he testified that it is effective because he is a frequent customer. It is a delicacy whereby expensive herbs are added to boil the baby with chicken meat for eight hours. He pointed to his second wife next to him. She is 19 years old.

The 62-year-old man testified that they have sex everyday. After waiting for a couple of weeks he took the reporter to the restaurant when he was informed by the restaurant manager that the spare rib soup (local code for baby soup) was now available.

Those babies who are close to be born and die naturally costs 2000 in China currency. Those aborted ones cost a few hundreds in China currency. Those couples who did not want to sell dead babies, placentas can be accepted also for couple of hundreds.

One local reporter was quoted as saying that this is the problem arising from Chinese taking too much attention in health or is the backfire effect when China introduced one child in a family policy.

This heinous crimes rise from the fact that majority of Chinese people prefer to have male babies and the poor families end up selling their female babies.

I don't really know if this is the reason but it seems to fit. Poor people not allowed to have female babies are selling the fetuses to put money in their pockets. But how can a mother do this would be my question? Or is it done without the parents knowledge?

I have to add that with my travels thru Asia, I have seen and heard many strange things eaten and done in the quest for "Stamina". And yes, it always seems to be the men doing this. It doesn't matter if it makes any sense at all.

Let's not forget that the bear gall bladders, insects, deer antler and penises are all eaten in the name of "Stamina". I could never understand how intelligent people could accept this train of thought and even if it was passed down through generations, why hasn't it been weeded out as myth, wives tales etc?

I just don't know.

edit on 31-12-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

edit on Sat Dec 31 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: graphic photos removed by staff

edit on Sat Dec 31 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: fixed link

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
is this where they get the the cold war quote "communists eat babies"? (i'm being serious on this)

link   
I dont know what to say,really,i guess this is indicative of where the human race is headed,we arnt going forward we are going backwards,we are a flawed species

link   
ohh my god, what did I just see
Humans are the worst creatues ever, i hope we get wiped out

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I remember a thread, might have been a year ago, that had this story. There were different pics and if my memory serves me correctly, it was determined to be a hoax.

China has some history of cannibalism. Being that this story comes from the newspaper that it does, I wonder if maybe there is some truth to this one.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
I remember a thread, might have been a year ago, that had this story. There were different pics and if my memory serves me correctly, it was determined to be a hoax.

China has some history of cannibalism. Being that this story comes from the newspaper that it does, I wonder if maybe there is some truth to this one.

I lived in Asia for almost 8 years and yes, there were many rumors even back then. But now that it's on the pages of a reputable paper...???

I just don't know.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I seen something like this years, ago. I think it turned out to be some art student's project.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by starwarsisreal
is this where they get the the cold war quote "communists eat babies"? (i'm being serious on this)
I have read in various books that during the Cultural Revolution in China, local communist leaders would kill off those deemed to be sympathizers to the Nationalists in years past and urge or force remaining villagers to consume their bodies.

There are always cases of cannibalism during periods of famine, and the Cultural Revolution provided the famine necessary for that type of cannibalism.
edit on 31-12-2011 by butcherguy because: Fixed error

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Its not the odour of dead baby soup I'm smelling, its propoganda. I think the west is gearing up for war for sure. I see Speilberg is putting out a 'heroic' WW2 film very soon too.

Chinese people are just people that live in China, they're not evil baby eating monsters, this is ludicrous. Good bit of timing for the old war machine I'd say.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   

edit on 31-12-2011 by watchdog8110 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I find this so hard to believe.....or maybe I find it so unbelievable my mind just won't go there.

It's so disturbing....I can't wrap my brain around the thoughts this evokes. I need to leave this thread and think about this.

I need liquid plumber for the brain. Can a civilized peoples really do something like this

I feel sick.....

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by GLaDOS
ohh my god, what did I just see
Humans are the worst creatues ever, i hope we get wiped out

The saddest part, is that I totally agree with you...

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Get a grip people. Good God !!

This isn't real. Do you honestly think that just because people live in a society a few thousand miles away that they eat babies in soup ?

Where's your ability to question information gone ?

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
The old stories of starving Russian soldiers eating bread dough for food . The dough would rise in their stomachs and some would die from it . Less disgusting than babies but sheesh , make food not war for crying out loud .

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
If I'm not mistaken these images are from a Chinese artist named Zhu Yu

After he "ate" a cooked baby on TV, the images showed up on Rotten.org, which collects those sort of images, and it was then picked up by a Taiwanese tabloid which turned it into propaganda against their Chinese nemesis.

Fetus Soup, Anyone? The Myth Of Chinese Baby Soup

The truth? Can you handle the truth? These photos are actually lifted from a conceptual art piece by Chinese sculptor Zhu Yu. He makes realistic human organs, pieces of faces, babies and such and displays them like you would buy meat in the grocery store. They are indeed made from food products, you could actually eat them, but there's no human tissue in them. So dig in, and pass the dumplings!

edit on 31-12-2011 by Blackmarketeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Just one word...

Nasty!

On the other hand, if true, I would not have the slightest hesitation with nuking them if need be.

It is just plain outright disgusting.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by pot8er

If it walks like a duck, looks like a duck, quaks like a duck......

THEN IT EATS BABIES!!!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join