It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

caching supplies - how not to do it

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
just read this thread

and WTF ? survival cache attempt ??

the synopsis is that over the last 2 weeks cavers have found a box of candles and a 5kg bag of chickpeas in a UK cave , its a very popular cave for recreational cavers

a lot of strange things turn up in caves - candles are not too unusial , but 5kg of chickpeas ?
edit on 31-12-2011 by ignorant_ape because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

Great point here. It reminds me of the stories that came out of Montana awhile back when they were running a manhunt for the Militia leader in the deep timber of the western area. Law Enforcement and tracking teams were reporting caches they were stumbling across out there too. I suppose there is the right way, the wrong way and the way you give supplies to everyone else.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
The best way to store caches is in places no one would ever think of stashing them

I found that stashing them in and on police and government property are the best way to ensure their safety

edit on 31-12-2011 by sweetnlow because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Stashing stuff in trafficked areas is generally a bad idea. Also, stashing stuff in caves isn't to smart either, if the people don't get your stuff the animals probably will. Bury your stuff, and if it can't survive being buried buy better stuff, that's my take on cashing.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   
If your stashing things for later use, I have done it with traps...so I didn't have to carry them back a few miles to the cabin, but I had a small bottle of oil and lubed them up good, and then places them in a bag and stashed them under a rock. I didn't get back to get them for several weeks..it was almost 3 months, because I forgot about them...well they were just fine and had no rust or anything on them...and noone found them...atleast noone that would steal them.

new topics

top topics

join