It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why can't we accept that terrorists can have valid claims?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Ignorance is bliss.

Don't know how reliable this site is but take a look at the Iraqi civilian deaths since the war started.

www.iraqbodycount.net...

Min 12943 Max 14997

even if there is a 20% error rate those numbers are pretty high. Oh but wait they died as a result of collateral damage so it's OK. How many have died since the first gulf war.

I believe it was in "Imperial Hubris" by Anonymous that claimed that US foreign policy(whether support for regimes that suppress their Muslim populations or direct US involvement) has claimed the lives of more than 10 million Muslims. That's right 10 million people dead in the name of OIL and furthering US goals.

So who is the real enemy. I love how people choose to focus on one aspect of a large and complex problem. Osama has been very specific about why he attacking the West and especially the US. It's mainly about your foreign policy and it's total unwillingness to allow a Islamic based government to control a country that has vast energy supplies. He is not attacking us because of our "FREEDOM" and "WAY OF LIFE". THese are nice sound bites that help rally the people behind the administration.

The truth is is that this war will never be won because the West is unwilling to deal with the real problems behind this conflict. The US is unwilling to change it's foreign policy to help ratify this problem because it would supposedly make them look weak in the eyes of the world.

It takes a strong person to admit their mistakes and take steps to correct them. Hopefully the US will attempt to fix the problem instead of going on with this endless war that will result in the death of many but will resolve very little.

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 04:21 PM
link   
12943 - 14997 accounted civilian deaths in a country of 27 million.

I guess in the US times that by ten to get an estimate of how it'd be impacting this country.

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 05:27 PM
link   
just a question to the americans on this thread, what percentage of the amrican population chare flyersfan and flycatch rational and open-minded views?
cause recently our media over here have started depicting americans in the image of the boys mentioned above, they�re usually relatively careful with those kinds of things, so I wanted to know how correct that image was�

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Well disturbence, I an american but I do not think like they do. Not all of islam is evil. Unfortunately ignorance runs rampant in this country so alot of people do think that way. Just look at our history of dealing with people not like us. It hasn'tchanged a bit. Most would rather remain ignorant, then take the next step in relizing that there are other options out there other than what they believe. Most, not all americans cannot think for themselves. It's sad but true. But remember though, there are alot of americans that can and more and more are waking up everyday. Just keep having faith.

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Israel was returned to the Jewish people after WWII. They were refugees, fleeing post war Germany. Britain no longer had enough troops to hold the peice of land that they invaded and the UN needed somewhere to stash all those refugees. So they gave them Israel. Just shoved them onto the the land of the Palestians and called it good.
With their new allies and Nazi learned tecniques Israel soon began to claim more and more of Palestine. At first there were PEACEFUL forms of protest. Palestine pleaded for foreign help and never recieved it. Finally they began to fight back in the only way they could. They used Terror tactics against a far better weaponed enemy. They were being slaughtered and pushed off their farming land. They were DYING. Desperation and the merciless UN led to them using the tactics that they still employ. The difference is that they are finally receiving some international press and some of us are open minded enough to do a little research and discover their reasoning.
If I had a choice between seeing my children murdered as they sat in a refugee camp (and it happened just recently to the Palestinians) or blowing myslef and as many others as I could apart in the hope someone somewhere might sit up and take notice....well I know which choice I would make.
Would you die for your country? For your family? For your God?
I honestly believe that the majority of people want what most westerners already have -- the right to live in relative peace and worship what Gods they will.
Desperation is what drives these people to sacrifice themselves and the belief that their cause is just.

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I would tend to agree, the claim can be legit, but it then becomes moot with uncivilzed methods. They automatically loose.

A great example, the Palestinian issue. The have some very legit claims, but the inftada has caused them to move in the oppisite direction. If they would have just not started this stuff it was only a matter of time as they already have most of Europe on their side......even with the attacks. The UN is another joke in this part, biased and useless.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join