It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Des Moines Register's final poll of the race in Iowa

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
www.politico.com...

Mitt Romney and Ron Paul are in the top slots in Iowa, according to the Des Moines Register's final poll of the race.

The full standings: Romney 24 percent, Paul 22, Santorum 15 percent, Newt Gingrich 12 percent, Rick Perry 11 percent, Michele Bachmann 7 percent.

Im not sure if there will be any other polls from PPP, CNN, ect...before Tuesday, but this is the last by the Des Moines Register.

The results are pretty much how I expected them to be. Romney vs Paul for first, while Santorum stays in third, and Gingrich continues to fall. I doubt there will be any political "haymakers" in the next few days before Tuesday, but anything can happen.
edit on 31-12-2011 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Polls are used to sway public opinion,they are easily manipulated,I think if the vote count is monitored by the people then Ronny Paul will nail them all to the wall

edit on 31-12-2011 by Bilder because: To avoid confusion

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bilder
Polls are used to sway public opinion,they are easily manipulated,I think if the vote count is monitored by the people then Ronny will nail them all to the wall

Oh boy, I read "Romney will nail them to the wall" in your post...I was gonna say!

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

Yeah I better change that to ronny Paul,lol

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Funny....I just wrote a long rant about the "Ronny" comment. I thought you meant Romny...then just as I was
re-reading to make sure I didn't say anything that would get me banned from ATS, I thought....maybe he meant RONny....ooooh, I better check before I make this poor kid cry..... glad I was right.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Ron Paul seems like the man for our beliefs. But, is it just another ruse? A patsy designed to rally the disinfranchised and once ellected, simply promotes the same BS as every other?

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Joki42

Ron Paul isnt in it for the power,you only have to hear him to see that,in fact hes said so himself he dosnt want to tell people what to do,listen to every other candidate they make you want to vommit they are so transparent
for them its all about the power

edit on 31-12-2011 by Bilder because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Another day, another rigged poll. Another attempt to downplay Ron Paul. Question everything!
He's got 22 years of voting consistency Joki42.
edit on 31-12-2011 by GoldenRuled because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Joki42
Ron Paul seems like the man for our beliefs. But, is it just another ruse? A patsy designed to rally the disinfranchised and once ellected, simply promotes the same BS as every other?

And the alternative is? Will not voting get you anywhere? No, because the people who vote for the status quo will still be voting for the status quo without you voting against them. It'd be worse.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Giving this a bump. I wonder how many of the Pack of Seven will drop out after the Caucus. Bachmann's cause seems lost, though I can see that some of them may hang in there until after New Hampshire. And, since I've never liked our governor, Rick Perry, I... hope he stays in long enough to embarrass himself further so that when the gubernatorial elections hit for Texas, he's out of money and has given everyone else good reasons to say, "adios!"

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
It's going to be a close one.

Romney, Paul, and Santorum...either of them could pull out the "win". And I see them as first, second, and third...but I have no idea in what order.

Romeny I think is fine finishing anywhere in the top three. A top three in Iowa and he is looking good for a win in NH...he's in a good spot.

Santorum finishing in first or second would be a huge boost to his campaign...but taking third will show that he is still in it....if he can hold off Gingrich and Perry.

For Paul, anything less than the number one spot will cause him to loose a lot of support. Paul is the only one that NEEDS to win Iowa. He argueably has the best organization, has spent a ton on TV ads in Iowa, and his supporters are talking him up as a sure win. If he can't take first place with all of that...I see him doing poorly in the remaining primaries.
edit on 1-1-2012 by OutKast Searcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Bilder

I offered the Ron Paul campaign my services as a monitor at the caucuses Tuesday nite. They replied that there is no need for me to drive over from Illinois to do so as they already have EVERYONE of the 1784 precincts covered.

So we should have the proper results reported to the Iowa GOP headquarters. I am a little worried about the secret location at which this well be done, but Iowa GOP has assured me and the Ron Paul campaign also has, that there will be representatives from all the campaigns at the "secret" location.

My question is, if this location is to be kept secret, with that many people knowing where it will be held, how is it going to be kept secret??

As for the lastest poll, it is the last poll conducted before Tues nite. It is also a Republican only poll and does not include Independant and Dem's who will MOST LIKELY vote more-so for Dr Ron Paul.

Go Ron Go!!!!

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by freedom12

you've been keeping up with the countdown to Iowa... should change your name to 'CountDowntoFreedom2012.'

but yea... 2 days to go... woot!

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ugie1028

I'm, trying ugie! Hope they have the "votes" counted early Tues nite or I'll be up half the nite trying to keep track of it all.

I already have about a dozen sites "favorited" to keep track of what is or is not happening.

Go Ron Go!

top topics

join