It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google and thier new algorithms

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
So ill get just to the point - im not a SEO person nor did i ever claim to be but since 15 december i learned alot.
In poland we have regional domains which are more conviniant for local buisness. But somehow your whole work to make the big giant happy can go down the drain just like that - i never had much traffic but what happened is just a joke let me show you

i wrote the review thing they said i had not been blocked .....
Wth how can you position simple buisness card-type site now?

are they just nuking small buissnes? or is that coincidence that since october - thier "forums" lit up about regional domains.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Google relies heavily on links from trustworthy websites. Forget page ranks etc, if you want to rate on Google you need to get you url link onto pages that are trusted. Google actually release info to distract people from what really matters to them, they do not particularly want people to know how their algorithm works so they publish info that has no real effect on how you rate. I have found a book called "Outsmarting Google" by Evan Bailyn which has taught me a lot about Google and how they operate.

* Also be careful not to become penalised by Google, alot of marketing techniques people use today can end up getting them penalised so that Google stops trusting them which from my understanding is permanent. *
edit on 31-12-2011 by OwenGP185 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by reassor

Do you play poker ? Do you know the term " he has a poker face " , in short never ever let your style of online activity or perception be known. Sure it wont be big at first but who ever said that getting in on the game was easy. Lets face it, google ten solid years ago (+-) ...was a simple search engine, the moment it signed up with the nsa it went global and there is no looking back. Thats about all i need to say.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
funny thing is it all happened when i registered them with thier google maps, then i moved to faster server and changed engine to wp and was carefull - using redirects and stuff - just like thier guidelines say. after that for a month my site started to rise from 20th to 15th place and then BOOM on my birthday lol it wanished :/

i figured out that DMOZ is a good catalogue to be in - got any more hints? i do not want to use black hat techniques.

I do that for that little company cause i just owe them alot - they taught me how to drive
and how to pass the stupid draconian DL tests in my country

new topics

top topics

join