It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul Had Accurate Conspiracy Theory: CIA Was Tied To Drug Traffickers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Just saw this today... Glad To have an a friend in Washington.

WASHINGTON -- According to a former aide, Republican presidential candidate Ron Paul has long been drawn toward conspiracy theories. Eric Dondero, who served Paul off and on from 1987 to 2003, wrote recently that the Texas Republican suspected that George W. Bush may have had advance knowledge of the 9/11 attacks and that Franklin Roosevelt knew in advance about Pearl Harbor. Paul's writings and speeches spotlight a host of other plots, including the "war on Christmas."

Glad to see were not alone on the 9/11 issues.

Drug trafficking is "a gold mine for people who want to raise money in the underground government in order to finance projects that they can't get legitimately. It is very clear that the CIA has been very much involved with drug dealings," Paul said. "The CIA was very much involved in the Iran-Contra scandals. I'm not making up the stories; we saw it on television. They were hauling down weapons and drugs back. And the CIA and government officials were closing their eyes, fighting a war that was technically illegal."

I find it extremely disturbing that such events keep occurring and our taxes pay just for them to run their illegal programs.

Ron Paul Had Accurate Conspiracy Theory

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
They are trying to paint him as a conspiracy theorist right now

With that said my biggest complaint of Ron Paul is he NEEDS to stop making appearances on Alex Jones

And with that said Ron Paul goes on anything that wants an interview
He even had an interview with a student in a dorm room
www.youtube.com...

he accepts an interview for anyone

But Alex Jones..... I mean come on
AJ is an idiot

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by FoxStriker

Mike Ruppert, a former LA police detective said this a long time ago, publicly.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
any one remember iran/contra ?

hey ron, did you attack the republican party for that one ?

no ?

typical

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I agree with you on all accounts gentlemen... I'm just happy to see have a politician on our side
, the drug trade in our gov't goes back to the days before the CIA, when it was still called Naval Central Intelligence.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Ron Paul Had Accurate Conspiracy Theory: CIA Was Tied To Drug Traffickers

In 1988, while running for president on the Libertarian Party ticket, he highlighted yet another conspiracy theory, and this one doesn't collapse under investigation: The CIA, Paul told a gathering of the National Organization for the Reform of Marijuana Laws, was involved in trafficking drugs as part of the Iran-Contra debacle.

Drug trafficking is "a gold mine for people who want to raise money in the underground government in order to finance projects that they can't get legitimately. It is very clear that the CIA has been very much involved with drug dealings," Paul said. "The CIA was very much involved in the Iran-Contra scandals. I'm not making up the stories; we saw it on television. They were hauling down weapons and drugs back. And the CIA and government officials were closing their eyes, fighting a war that was technically illegal."

Damn straight Dr. Paul, damn straight.

Now let's apply this to the war in Afghanistan. Anyone still not think the CIA took over the poppy trade? All part of how the Amerika funds it's far-flung criminal empire.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by FoxStriker

Several years a PBS "Frontline" program looked into this mess and unreasonable as it may seem to a reasonable citizen, they found evough evidence to make the case.

Paul is definitely not making up the claim of having done the legwork himself. After all, he is somewhat of an insider and undoubtedly he knows a lot of the dirt that drives him to clean house.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   
gary webb and the san jose mercury news opened my eyes.

Gary WebbFormer DEA agent Celerino Castillo alleged that during the 1980s Ilopango Airport in El Salvador was used by Contras for drug smuggling flights with the knowledge and complicity of the CIA. These allegations were part of an investigation by the United States Department of Justice Office of the Inspector General.[10] Castillo also testified before the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence. Between 1996 and 1998 the Central Intelligence Agency investigated and then published a report about its alleged involvement in coc aine sales in the US. This was prompted by the journalist Gary Webb's report[11] in the San Jose Mercury News alleging that the CIA was behind the 1980s crack epidemic. Gary Webb alleged through his Dark Alliance series that the government had been complicit in the trade of drugs in the inner city through the use of a kingpin named Freeway Ricky Ross. According to the Oakland Tribune, "In the course of his rise, prosecutors estimate that Ross exported several tons of coc aine to New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania and elsewhere, and made more than $600 million in the process."[12][13][14]

wiki link

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

AJ is an idiot

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   
The MSM will never call out RP for going on Aj show.Last thing they want is some of their herd to google Alex Jones and opening more eyes to their corruption.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

" But Alex Jones..... I mean come on
AJ is an idiot "

Go Ahead and " Shoot The Messenger " , but the FACT of the Matter Is , Alex Jones Reports the NEWS that the MSM REFUSES To . Yes , sometimes with his Personal Commentary , but NEWS that you or I can Access at any Time to Digest for it's Truth or it's Falsehoods . Also , being from Texas , it is not out of the Ordinary that Ron Paul and Alex Jones Communicate on a regular Basis , and I Personally do not see a PROBLEM with that , why do you ?

top topics

join