It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli soldier Amnon Neumann testimony of 1948 genocide

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
This is how ALL wars/genocides happen -

A few people in power convince good people (like the man in this video) to do horrible things.

-They start by telling a bunch of lies to make them think they are actually doing good things.

-They will point to examples of some real problems but make it seem like the ENTIRE group /country is responsible. There will ALWAYS be members of one group who are bad people but they use these examples as excuses to hurt innocent people.

-Then once the battle starts to happen it's hard to pull back - you're in an intense situation without much time to think about what you are doing.

-Once the action takes place most people won't want to realize what they did was wrong and try to cover-up what happened to protect themselves (both legally and emotionally).

-Anyone who questions what happened is demonized and degraded (kinda like one poster is doing in this thread).

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

Zionism was coined in the 19th century?

Lets get one thing clear here......

there are 2 different forms of Zionism, one is political and the other is spiritual

"Spiritual" Zionism has been around for thousands of years!

Even today's Palestinian Arabs are Zionists!

Well,

Does the "spiritual" version allow for mass violence and butchering?

and is that the ancient references?

Or is mass violence only inherent to the "political" version?

Some say both are one in the same.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Well, look and you shall seek. Perhaps you need a history lesson by the looks of it.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5

No, it's a bloodline of a very ancient tribe of people who did'nt necessarily come from Israel but is where Avraham originated from.

The wikipedia says Arabic is a Semitic language.

What ancient tribe are you refering to?

Where did Avraham originate from?

Was Israel established before Avraham?

I wonder if our Israeli soldier knows.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Well, look and you shall seek. Perhaps you need a history lesson by the looks of it.

Yes,

perhaps a lesson is in order.

Do we have quotes from ancient texts?

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Oh for God's sake......

Must I draw you a family tree of Avraham? It goes like this....

Avraham - Issac - Jacob (Israel) -

Now where did Avraham come from? Most people would think there were no other tribes in the Middle East before Avraham......

Arabs are a mix of many different tribes and nations; they have about as much semetic blood running through their veins today as a mongrel dog of many breeds.

Wikipedia is a great learning tool is it not? Does it mean they always get their facts correct?

Go learn the origins of the semetic tribes then get back to me

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Na,

I still am convinced Arabic is a language not a bloodline.

I never thought blood could speak.

Hebrew is a language too.

So is English.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by arollingstone

Thats what I just typed to the moron who keeps going on why this should be about America

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by LongbottomLeaf

Aw shucks.......

welcome to the Club of Barbarians !!!

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
The core issue is POWER - not genetics, terrorism, or anything else......

The elite would make this about left/right handedness if they wanted to-

Whether it's protection from terrorism or a return to a promised land - it's all the same.

Get the sheep to harm other sheep.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   

reply to post by buster2010

Better to vote in a man we all know - both past and present history.......

and Barry aka Bari aka Barack? What's his history again?

Better to vote in a murdering scum than a person who has never killed. So how many kids do you have to kill to get the nod for PM of Israel anyway?

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Besides, there is very good reason for the number of threads targeting Israel. They literally get away with murder on a daily basis.

They have turned Gaza and the West Bank, particularly Gaza, into refugee camps. They refuse to stop building illegal settlements (in areas where they forcefully evict legal Palestinian tenants overnight). They use minor rocket attacks by Hamas - which are in themselves, targeted retaliation - to justify the massacre of civilians. They in fact, love Hamas, because if they didn't exist - they would have absolutely no justification for what they do - even though Hamas always targets military members and their assaults are tantamount to ant bites. They build walls across Palestinian territories to separate and annex people from one another and also condense them into smaller areas. They refuse Palestinians access to certain parts of the country and make it difficult for them to even travel. They uproot olive trees (one of the only sustainable sources of income for rural Palestinians) and burn down their land.

All round, Israel get away with making Palestinian lives an absolute hell. Meanwhile, all these measure are totally illegal and nobody in the international community says or does anything about it. Palestine reaches out, under Israeli terms, for peace talks and then Israel refuses. Palestine tries going behind their backs and joining UNESCO and the UN, the US and Israel do everything they can to stop them. According to Press TV (albeit a biased source), Israel killed 180 Palestinian civilians in 2011.

This is tiny compared to years such as the 'Gaza War' a few years ago, where Israel lost 10 soldiers and 3 civilians (four of these died in friendly fire) whilst Palestine lost 1417, including over 400 women and children - let alone the other 560 civilian casualties. Israel also used white phosphorous, an illegal weapon - yet nobody said anything. Hamas did not 'start it' either, they were reacting to an unreasonable blockade on aid that had lasted way too long and was starving the people of Gaza. All Israel had to do was lift the blockade. It was also in retaliation to continuing violence against Palestinians by settlers and Israeli police/soldiers/IDF.

Somebody needs to speak up on behalf of these guys - and you want to derail the thread, change the topic and question why everybody seems so upset? Come on man.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Humans are ANIMALS, we take great joy in slaughtering people in other lands to get their money, resources, and just killing them.

There is no "God", we all have slaughtered many innocent women, children, and men. If there was a "God", we'd see punishment for slaughtering other beings.

But we don't. We plot and plan on who'll well kill next.

There are some that claim Humans are an "intelligent life form", the only intelligence we've shown to the universe is that we're a species of DEATH.

Don't you feel SAD for the children born into this world? They either will kill, or they will be killed.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   

You are deflecting Israels atrocities by citing atrocities commited by another country. Sorry, but that dosent' excuse Israel.

If you don't like Israels war crimes being discussed, I suggest you leave the Middle East Discussion forum, because Israel certainly isn't leaving the Middle East.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by filosophia
reply to post by ghash

The youtube video says he made this testimony in june of 2010, and i saw the video was posted only four days ago, so the reason you never heard of this before is because it's the first of its kind at least to my knowledge i don't really know. He addresses that point of why his fellow soldiers did not think twice about it and he says because they were so highly praised as heroes. And by the way his audience was pressing him on areas he did not want to speak about shows this is not run of the mill news.

edit on 31-12-2011 by filosophia because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-12-2011 by filosophia because: (no reason given)

That's how it works. Patriotism and eschewing the virtues of how great your country and people are. Hitler did it with the Germans, America does it as well.

Fortunately, many are waking up the vipers and thieves running countries around the world

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Arabs are a people, Arabic is a language!

Got it?

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by SpeachM1litant

Of course Israel is'nt leaving the Middle East. They are there for the long haul my friend and they are going no where anytime soon nor in the future.

You people can complain about the Israelis all you like but there's NOTHING you can do about it.

I personally think Israel should take better control of the media and let nothing out as they once did so many years ago.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by arollingstone

Yet you fail to mention the Americans slaughtered 1 million Iraqis and the count of the Afghanis is still ongoing; most of whom are innocent people. And don't even get me started on Vietnam or Libya.

But in the minds of you people, it's ok for the Americans or any other nation to invade another and slaughter the people just so long as it's not Israelis doing it.

And the American military does'nt use white phrosporous in Iraq? Thats not all they used! Perhaps thats why no one said anything?

Do you people know how ignorant and hypocritical you all are? None of you are in any position to be judgeing Israel by a long shot. You yourselves are decended from barbarians!

edit on 1-1-2012 by bluemirage5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Yet you fail to mention the Americans slaughtered 1 million Iraqis and the count of the Afghanis is still ongoing; most of whom are innocent people.

Yes, because once again - this is a thread on Israel, not America. Stop trying to derail the thread man and deal with the subject at hand. I've bashed America's involvement in Iraq many times on here, but this isn't about that so grow up and deal with Israel or don't visit this thread. Start a new one.

But in the minds of you people, it's ok for the Americans or any other nation to invade another and slaughter the people just so long as it's not Israelis doing it.

You have the logic of a child. View my recent responses to threads - I condemned the Iraq war just last night.

Do you people know how ignorant and hypocritical you all are? None of you are in any position to be judgeing Israel by a long shot. You yourselves are decended from barbarians!

Who are 'you all'? I'm not American, if that's what you're implying - and you shouldn't be so racist. I'm in a good position to judge Israel, and judge I do.

You have absolutely no counter-argument, no logical points, no desire to debate whatsoever and would rather try to constantly derail the thread and irritate everyone that actually wants to discuss the issue - hence, killing the thread. Maybe you'll succeed, but you're losing out on a good opportunity to either make your case or learn a few things.

If you want to talk about America, find a thread on America or start one - there are plenty out there. However, this is a thread about Israel - if you want to discuss or defend Israel, fine, but saying 'America's worse!' over and over is not a valid point. It's a totally different topic. Seriously man.
edit on 2-1-2012 by arollingstone because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join