It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese Central Banker Declares That 'Gold Is The Only Safe Haven Left'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
www.businessinsider.com...

People's Bank of China official Zhang Jianhua declared yesterday: "No asset is safe now. The only choice to hedge risks is to hold hard currency - gold."

Well, this isn't really news but interesting nonetheless. China coming out and saying that it's the ONLY safe haven should make people perk up and take notice. Mark these words "ONLY SAFE HAVEN"

I noticed that both silver and gold are down right now so this would be the time to invest a few dollars for gold or silver IMO. Better than that nasty ol' paper stuff.

A few Months ago we were in the 35-40 range for silver so that's a tell for those watching it. Gold almost hit 2,000/oz last summer as well.

Today:

CDN Gold:1597.53 Silver: 28.31
US Gold:1563.15 Silver: 27.70

China's $3.2 trillion in foreign reserves are currently invested one-third in U.S. treasuries 20 percent in euro-denominated assets and only 1.8 percent in gold, according to China Daily. China has one of the world's biggest gold reserves at 1,054 tons. Read more: www.businessinsider.com...

Mexico knows something as well. Buying up 100 tons of gold is not something done every day:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 31-12-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
False. Bullets and gold are the only safe haven... So when everything goes to heck and everyone will be locked in their houses holding their gold coins and people are shooting people on the streets more people will be wishing they bought bullets instead. I won't be buying any gold. I am only buying bullets, food, water and seeds. Like you stated though this is pretty interesting.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by TopElite

You sir, are prepared

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by TopElite
False. Bullets and gold are the only safe haven... So when everything goes to heck and everyone will be locked in their houses holding their gold coins and people are shooting people on the streets more people will be wishing they bought bullets instead. I won't be buying any gold. I am only buying bullets, food, water and seeds. Like you stated though this is pretty interesting.

You're right on a few points here.

For me the most valuable things will be seeds, alcohol, ammo, medicines tobacco, coffee, water etc. Gold and silver will be the ONLY currency to purchase with but the rest is for bartering. And that makes them more valuable on so many levels.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I wouldn't touch gold for all the advice on Earth. This is only working to make my feelings stronger on the point. China says buy, yet they don't buy themselves. China and Russia both have reserves left to mine that can simply destroy the gold market almost overnight if they just cut loose with what they have and dump it outright. Of course, they won't HAVE the holdings that such a move would destroy...but when such a large % are clinging to gold like a life raft, destroy it would.

What better way to just lay the whole world flat in a fit of opportunistic excess and walk in to buy whatever they'd like to own in the aftermath? Monuments...Buildings...NATIONS...whatever China or Russia may take fancy to. All they need to do is keep encouraging this madness to hoard gold..and then flood the market at the right moment.

Those who argue for Copper, Lead and Brass as the metals to hoard are onto something. You can't eat gold..you can't shoot gold..and unless everyone wants to take a crash course on assay of gold, you won't even be able to trade the stuff after TSHTF once people realize Tungsten Steel weighs EXACTLY the same...and that is only one method to spoof a sloppy or amateur gold system.

Don't mind me though..the experts all say buy buy...so, by all means... buy!

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
I wouldn't touch gold for all the advice on Earth. This is only working to make my feelings stronger on the point. China says buy, yet they don't buy themselves. China and Russia both have reserves left to mine that can simply destroy the gold market almost overnight if they just cut loose with what they have and dump it outright. Of course, they won't HAVE the holdings that such a move would destroy...but when such a large % are clinging to gold like a life raft, destroy it would.

What better way to just lay the whole world flat in a fit of opportunistic excess and walk in to buy whatever they'd like to own in the aftermath? Monuments...Buildings...NATIONS...whatever China or Russia may take fancy to. All they need to do is keep encouraging this madness to hoard gold..and then flood the market at the right moment.

Those who argue for Copper, Lead and Brass as the metals to hoard are onto something. You can't eat gold..you can't shoot gold..and unless everyone wants to take a crash course on assay of gold, you won't even be able to trade the stuff after TSHTF once people realize Tungsten Steel weighs EXACTLY the same...and that is only one method to spoof a sloppy or amateur gold system.

Don't mind me though..the experts all say buy buy...so, by all means... buy!

Yup, you nailed it!

I have quite a few threads on such things as seeds, water, tools, medicines etc. THAT'S the REAL gold IMO.

Having said that tho, nothing wrong with having a few gold and silver sheckles jingling in the pocket as well...just in case.

Peace

edit on 31-12-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I don't mind if everyone buys gold. That means there's more food and stuff for me!

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
PS. If the government wants more "currency" like gold and silver they will take it away from you like they plan on doing with our guns and food.

The CIA, FBI, TSA have already been going into places like efoods direct who sells emergency foods and asking for a print out of all the people who are stocking up on foods...(efoods is a sponsor of Alex Jones and they called him and told him about the government wanting the names. It was on his radio show0 Why do you think this is something they would want to know. This country is going down the pipes and it's happening right in front of our faces. It's dang near scary.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   
That is a serious red flag from the Red Chinese i am listening, i hope others are also. Buy Silver, Buy Food, Buy Ammo. Remember never start a fight, but always finish it.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by TopElite
PS. If the government wants more "currency" like gold and silver they will take it away from you like they plan on doing with our guns and food.

The CIA, FBI, TSA have already been going into places like efoods direct who sells emergency foods and asking for a print out of all the people who are stocking up on foods...(efoods is a sponsor of Alex Jones and they called him and told him about the government wanting the names. It was on his radio show0 Why do you think this is something they would want to know. This country is going down the pipes and it's happening right in front of our faces. It's dang near scary.

There was another incident with FEMA buying up all the MRE's and dry goods from Mountain House Foods I believe.

Put the company back a few Months and they couldn't fill orders from us Po' Folks.

Peace

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I am wondering when Gordon Brown (former Chancellor of the Exchequer, GB, prior to being PM) will echo those sentiments. That will be when you want to sell!! (For those that dont know Brown sold half of GBs gold into the mid 250s low in 1999...making that important bottom). Central Bankers will undoubtedly make the top as well.

new topics

top topics

join