It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama signs Defence bill

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
edition.cnn.com...

What do we think about this. We new it was coming. A new Year present. But in it, it does say not for american people with out trial. Immmm.
I want to clarify that my administration will not authorize the indefinite military detention without trial of American citizens," Obama said in a statement Saturday. "Indeed, I believe that doing so would break with our most important traditions and values as a nation."

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Maybe the indefinately part was what he omited, i could still see this going sourly for the citizens..maybe a set amount of time instead of forever.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
What Obama said is a load of bull. If they have reason to believe that you're suspicious, they WILL get you regardless. Not to mention that these 'trials' he mentioned are bought off by members in power. Where will your rights be then? Here's one I want to say back to Obama "Citizens will fight to take what's rightfully theirs, indefinitely."

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by aarys

Oh, so Obama said that? I guess he forgot that according to Carl Levin, his Administration requested the removal of the language that exempted Americans from indefinite detention without a charge or trial!
One of them is lying, and I don't know much about Levin, but Obama has quite a track record of lying.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I have a feeling the admin didn't realize people would catch-on so quickly to the words being added to the bill.

They were probably hoping it flew through under the radar of the holiday season without any notice. When they realized people were talking, they did a 180* and signed it with his most-recent statement...

All the while laughing because if they deem you a terrorist for any reason, you will still be held anyways.

And hey, there's always next year...

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by YouAreLiedTo

I definitely agree, I think nowadays people are more skeptical of Obama's intentions.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   

edit on 31-12-2011 by lowundertheradar because: Story posted elsewhere

new topics

top topics

join