It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Siberia to separate from Russia to become a part of USA

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by kawika

I LOVE this idea!!!

Importing snow!! What a brilliant concept!! Especially since it's "winter" in the Northern Hemisphere of Earth.

Of course, can we talk "reindeer"?? Can make a deal, I can.......call it "reindeer futures".....I see ($$$) about November/December 2012........
edit on Sat 31 December 2011 by ProudBird because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
HEY!

I live in the UP of Michigan. It's not so bad if you don't mind sub zero temperatures and several feet of snow.

But in all seriousness, this article does seem rather bizarre. I think the author might be pulling the reader's leg.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkrunner

HEY!

I live in the UP of Michigan. It's not so bad if you don't mind sub zero temperatures and several feet of snow.

But in all seriousness, this article does seem rather bizarre. I think the author might be pulling the reader's leg.

I actually love the UP. Originally from Haslett (troll city near Lansing). Troll has a different meaning in Michigan than on ATS. Spent my best summer there in the YCC. Could not figure out a way to make a living there.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Here are some facts to consider:

Siberia population - app. 38,000,000 which would make it the largest US state (just ahead of California). But, will it be kept as one state or will its current administrative divisions be observed as states (much as Louisiana territory was carved into states)? If it stays as one Siberia would have approximately 11% of the representation in the US House of Representatives along with 2 extra members added to the US Senate. This would reduce every state's representation in the House because it is fixed at 435 seats.

Siberia land - app. 5,100,000 square miles of land which is larger than the entire United States (3,800,000 sq. mi.) adding together to give us 8,900,000 square miles of land spanning two continents.

Siberia language - There are roughly 9 language groups, all of which must continue to be recognized because they are deeply embedded in the native people's culture. Add to that English must also be added as an official language giving Siberia 10 languages.

Siberia economy -

Siberia is extraordinarily rich in minerals, containing ores of almost all economically valuable metals—largely because of the absence of Quaternary glaciation outside highland areas. It has some of the world's largest deposits of nickel, gold, lead, coal, molybdenum, gypsum, diamonds, diopside, silver and zinc, as well as extensive unexploited resources of oil and natural gas. The Khanty-Mansiysk region is home to 70% of Russia's developed oil fields. Russia contains about 40% of the world's known resources of nickel at the Norilsk deposit in Siberia. Norilsk Nickel is the world's biggest nickel and palladium producer.

Source

What about the pathway to statehood for Siberia? Will Siberia be broken into several new states, I doubt this because of the implications for the Senate. How would Siberia become an American territory to begin with? What legal steps must Siberia take to exit the Russian Federation? What will be the view of the majority of Americans towards this new territory then state?

Admittance to the Union:

1. A territory petitions Congress.
2. The dependent area drafts a constitution with a republican form of government.
3. Congress must approve statehood by a simple majority.
4. The President must sign the bill.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by kawika

Hes not a US politician though. He is a leading fellow at Johns Hopkins University. He was heavily involved in politics under Jimmy Carter, and since then has slowly faded out of the lime light.

What type of media outlet is Pravda?

The last thing I saw come back into the spotlight involving the Us and Russia (Siberia) was discussions about finally building a bridge / pipeline / train setup between the 2 country's via the bearing straight.
edit on 31-12-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I don't see why not.

Hawaii was easy.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

The last thing I saw come back into the spotlight involving the Us and Russia (Siberia) was discussions about finally building a bridge / pipeline / train setup between the 2 country's via the bearing straight.

A bridge, yup, just like Michigan. I like it.

Pravda is a Russian word that means truth and they were the official news paper in the commie days.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Does anyone have a bead on the validity of this story?

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Its not going to happen. Nor are they going to do to Putin what they just did to Gaddaffi. Gorb ordering Putin to step down. Ie. Kissinger, Bush and Rockefeller Darth Vader ordering anything makes my stomach curdle.

They want to topple the White Hats in Russia because they can't have NWO otherwise.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by kawika
I don't see why not.

Hawaii was easy.

You do know we STOLE Hawaii tho right? President Clinton and CONGRESS issued an official apology letter to the people of Hawaii for stealing their islands:

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Mkoll

Does anyone have a bead on the validity of this story?

OK....just think a bit, umKay??

And then laugh along wit the rest of us, at the absurdity (but "cleverness") of the concept.

Stick with it.....

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

Pravda along with RT would be the only news sources that Rupert Murdoch doesn't own outright or have influence over.

Which is why their BS is such poor quality.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

You do know we STOLE Hawaii tho right? President Clinton and CONGRESS issued an official apology letter to the people of Hawaii for stealing their islands:

Yup, read the queens book. Very sad.

But, it was easy....

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
If this is true, its one more step towards a one world (new world order) or one America, whatever way you choose to look at it. Looking forward to a possible false flag invasion this year that will bring us all even closer and unite as one, one world, one currency, one world order. with simplicity comes ease of control, with ease of control comes lose of freedom.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Why wouldnt they? US still has worlds largest economy, military, the petro-dollar etc.

Originally posted by Ghostfreak1
Seriously ? Who would want to join the usa at present times ?

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   

I know i think that artlice is a joke.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter

I know i think that artlice is a joke.

Wow... we agree on something....

If you will excuse me I need to step outside to see if the world is ending...

/snags shoes and strolls out of thread...

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
has someone confused jan 1st and april 1st ?

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
And just when i think ATS has gotten even more discredible....wow.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by kawika

Like it's their choice whether they are with USA or not.

Second.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join