It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bachmann draws few at campaign events

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Note to Ms. Bachmann -- if you're conducting a Presidential campaign, it is NOT a good idea to keep your scheduled stops a mystery. She started the day at a diner -- but even the diner owner didn't know she was going to show up there. A second stop at the town of Early drew almost no one... again, no one knew she was coming.

Calling her efforts "disorganized", the Caucus Insider blames the skittery schedule on problems with her staff, including the recent defection of one member and Bachmann's subsequent letting go another loyal staffer who questioned her wisdom in saying that the departed member was "bribed" into leaving.

At this point, it seems to be questionable whether she'll even get 3% of the votes in this, her home state. Her current strategy certainly isn't helping her along at all.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Perhaps she was planning on 'god' screaming down from the clouds to announce her arrival at the events. And in a voice a little bit louder than the one she heard of this 'god' telling her to run for office...

Deluded nut.

edit on 31-12-2011 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Perhaps the truth of the situation has just become prominently evident, in that people have either seen through her facade and lost interest or realized she is a bit cuckooish for such a position as POTUS.
Maybe her spell casting eyes have rubbed folks the wrong way. Also, the more a candidate remains in attack and condemn mode, the less people listen over time, and she just sounds silly with all of her blaming and finger pointing. It could be the annoying tone in her voice too. Don't mean to sound mean, but this is how I see it.

spec

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Never actually heard the woman speaking -- reading her opinions was enough to convince me that I wouldn't vote for her if I was voting as a Republican here in Texas. I was actually surprised that in the beginning people were eager to have her (and Sarah Palin -- there's another one I "don't get") run for President.

I'm sure someone could come up with some candidates who are so extreme (David Duke, maybe) that I'd vote for Bachmann. Or Rick Perry (I am SO tired of our governor. Really. I want him out of office and I wish to high heavens we had another Democrat around like Ann Richards to run against him.)

Anyway, the recent implosion has been interesting.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

She has lost 2 of her aides...to Ron Paul...(to me that speaks volumes)...she is disorganized and most likely depressed. I believe right now she is just going through the motions. She knows that it is over for her. She will not get the republican nomination for President.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Her campaign has been really negative from the beginning...

That is the impression I had of her the whole time here in Minnesota as well. She is just a really negative person.

Who wants to go out to see someone like that?

She should really just drop out at this point.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
so the next move is either a PR stunt or she quits to write a book and do a reality show

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
She will need to pull a rabbit out of her hat to even be relavant... let alone a contender.

The problem is, she doesn't wear a hat. Time for her to bow out gracefully (which being a narcissist, she won't do).

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

Even if she did announce her arrival, she'd have a few religious extremists show up, and probably a few protesters calling her out for being a homophobic psychopath.

It's good to see her being rejected by the people, now if only they'd do the same to the other religious nut cases preaching their homophobia and sickening religious intolerance too!

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

You just took the opposite negative side that you are basically accusing her of.

She was alone because she isn't a viable candidate.

top topics

join