It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama signs Iran sanctions bill into law

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Krono

Originally posted by Observor
So it is not OK for the Syrian government to kill its own people but OK for the US to murder many times more in a miltary intervention?

Are you the officially designated murderers of the world? Guess you think so.

Firstly I'm British not American.

Sorry, my mistake.

And I said, I can't stand it when the US goes in the weak countries guns blazing just for oil. HOWEVER, the sanctions to prevent Syria from mass murdering it's people are clearly not working, Assad and the opposition clearly don't want to have a "peace talk" so what can the UN do about it?

There is nothing the UN can do about the internal power struggles within a country and there is nothing it should do. That is what is the concept of national sovereignty, that the UN acknowledges all its members possess, is all about.

Let me remind you, the UN are supposed to be all about "peace" and sometimes you gotta fight fire with fire in order to gain that peace.

The UN is about peace between nations, not within a nation. The peace or the lack there of within a nation is not the business of the UN or another nation.

The IRA and the UK government fought for decades and there was nothing the UN could/would do about. Why does the lack of peace between the Syrian government and the rebels become an issue for the UN?

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Krono

Firstly I'm British not American. And I said, I can't stand it when the US goes in the weak countries guns blazing just for oil.

How did Britain acquire Diego Garcia? Booted all those poor people off their own island. Why did Britain need Diego Garcia?

To ensure the oil keeps flowing:

video.google.com...

There's blood on your hands.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pervius
There's blood on your hands.

That would be the understatement of the year 2012 and the year has only just begun!

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Observor

The UN is about peace between nations, not within a nation. The peace or the lack there of within a nation is not the business of the UN or another nation.

The IRA and the UK government fought for decades and there was nothing the UN could/would do about. Why does the lack of peace between the Syrian government and the rebels become an issue for the UN?

I don't think its as "cut and dry" as you make it out to be. UN peacekeeping forces probably can get involved in domestic disputes under certain conditions. And even if they could not legally, I am sure some loophole would emerge.

Failure to act can result in a genocide of unspeakable porportions, such as with stalin and hitler!

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join