It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama signs Iran sanctions bill into law

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Tehran is straining a bit with the current sanctions on there financial system and do believe this is why they were looking to have discussions.

However this set of sanctions could be the straw that breaks the camel’s back. If you keep pushing somebody long and hard enough they will retaliate.

The sanctions are meant to hit Iran's crucial oil sector and require foreign firms to make a choice between doing business with Tehran's financial sector and central bank or the mighty US economy and financial sector.

edit on 31-12-2011 by D8ncer because: (no reason given)

Foreign central banks which deal with the Iranian central bank on oil transactions could also face restrictions, sparking fears of damage to US ties with key nations such as Russia and China which trade with Iran.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by apodictic
Remember Vietnam? Yeah, that wasn't declared either.

Yeah I do... we didn't win that one

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Deflection...

The outcome has nothing to do with your statement.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Neither did Vietnam.

]

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by apodictic
Remember Vietnam? Yeah, that wasn't declared either.

Yeah I do... we didn't win that one

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Really? Because those Iraqi insurgents aren't firing at us because we're in THEIR country, right? We wouldn't shoot foreign soldiers who step on our soil, would we? Nooo that couldn't be possible. It's CAUSE DERE DAMN TERRRISTS. Come on, do you really believe that? Terrorists? That isn't why we are over there. Do you understand the massive profits that big business makes from going to war?

My point is, war doesn't have to be "Declared" to be a war. War is war, no matter how you put it.

PS, we were "attacked" (If you want to believe that) by Afghanistan. So why were we in Iraq, again? Oh yeah, those crazy huge "WMDs" that were never found. The same pretense being used for Iran.

edit on 31-12-2011 by apodictic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
At least 80% of Iran's economy is the Oil.

These sanctions effectively destroy Iran's economy.

It is an of war in all but bombs.

Iran will have no choice but to reciprocate the measure and sanction the Hormuz traffic.

The UN are going to be busy..

Cosmic..

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
We don't need an entirely NEW war Obama can call his very own.

So ummm... WHICH country are we at war with currently? I seem to be a bit confused on that issue. Don't recall us declaring war on any country the last few years

Well, when you put it that way, I suppose we haven't been at war since Korea...and even that is highly debatable on the technical terms of legal description eh? In reality...Well, I suppose the mixed messages out of the Gulf right now are enough to go batty from, but it would appear the last pieces are falling for a new round of ...whatever we're calling warfare these days...with the Islamic Republic of Iran. Hopefully, it isn't a party they're bringing a few friends to.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Droidinvoid
All the worlds a stage

Spot on.
Quote from Albert Pike.
"The Third World War must be fomented by taking advantage of the differences caused by the "agentur" of the "Illuminati" between the political Zionists and the leaders of Islamic World. The war must be conducted in such a way that Islam (the Moslem Arabic World) and political Zionism (the State of Israel) mutually destroy each other. Meanwhile the other nations, once more divided on this issue will be constrained to fight to the point of complete physical, moral, spiritual and economical exhaustion…We shall unleash the Nihilists and the atheists, and we shall provoke a formidable social cataclysm which in all its horror will show clearly to the nations the effect of absolute atheism, origin of savagery and of the most bloody turmoil. Then everywhere, the citizens, obliged to defend themselves against the world minority of revolutionaries, will exterminate those destroyers of civilization, and the multitude, disillusioned with Christianity, whose deistic spirits will from that moment be without compass or direction, anxious for an ideal, but without knowing where to render its adoration, will receive the true light through the universal manifestation of the pure doctrine of Lucifer, brought finally out in the public view. This manifestation will result from the general reactionary movement which will follow the destruction of Christianity and atheism, both conquered and exterminated at the same time."

Notice the last sentence. Athiests are also on TPTB hit-list.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Corporate or National? The same question keeps popping up...

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Rapha

If they destroy Islam, Judaism, Christianity and atheists, who's agenda are they pushing? Buddhism? Hinduism? Satanism?

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by InsideYourMind

Obama signs Iran sanctions bill into law

www.bbc.co.uk

US President Barack Obama has signed into law a major defence bill including tough new sanctions against Iran.

The law bans foreign firms from doing business with Iran's central bank.

But Mr Obama stressed that he had concerns about parts of the bill which increase the US military's authority over terror suspects.

"The fact that I support this bill as a whole does not mean I agree with everything in it," Mr Obama said in a statement.
(visit the link for the full news article)

What I don't understand, is why would you sign a bill that you don't completely agree with?

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
This does not help foreign relations nor will it even be effective. This is just another layer of sanctions that have already been placed on Iran in different forms. This won't make Iran back down and will only rile them up even more. They are fully convinced they have the moral high ground so these sanctions will further strenghthen their cause.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Obama/Congress just cut China from one of its energy sources, Iran.

China won't be able to buy oil from Iran now. China's money tied up in Iranian Banks is now lost.

Watch for the reaction in the Pacific.....China knows Boxer Rebellion Part II is coming....

Europe/US/Russia beating them down and demanding massive reparations again. We made them pay 67 million pounds of silver in 1900 after the "Boxer Rebellion"

Lots of dead Iranians and Chinese there's soon to be.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pervius

China won't be able to buy oil from Iran now. China's money tied up in Iranian Banks is now lost.

The Chinese actually want a crisis that will cause a huge upward spike in oil prices, that will likely collapse U.S. and western economies.

China isn't worried at all.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Who says China cant buy oil from Iran?

Originally posted by Pervius

Watch for the reaction in the Pacific.....China knows Boxer Rebellion Part II is coming....

Europe/US/Russia beating them down and demanding massive reparations again. We made them pay 67 million pounds of silver in 1900 after the "Boxer Rebellion"

Lots of dead Iranians and Chinese there's soon to be.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mkoll
reply to post by Rapha

If they destroy Islam, Judaism, Christianity and atheists, who's agenda are they pushing? Buddhism? Hinduism? Satanism?

My guess is Satanism for sure. Hinduism is quite possible where the fallen watchers will return to rule over the humans just like they did before the days of Jesus Christ. Many mythologies had powerful entities (fallen watchers) that would take the form of gods.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
The US telling people they cannot do business with Iran may well work for puppet countries like most of Europe, but they cannot dictate to Russia and China, seems to me this bill was passed just to provoke a response from Iran, it will be interesting to see how they react. Iran will discuss the situation with Russia and China first before acting, but a response will come within the next week I would say.

Once again Americorp makes the world less safe, rises tensions and edges us all closer to war

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by PrinceDreamer
Once again Americorp makes the world less safe, rises tensions and edges us all closer to war

It's what Warmongers do best

After all, Rockefellers and Prescott Bush funded the NAZI

edit on 31-12-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by InsideYourMind

Out of curiosity are countries not only allowed to disagree with each other but aren't we also allowed to choose who we do business with and who we dont? Iran does no business with the US, even in sectors where sanctions don't apply. Do we get to moan and groan because of that or is it allowed because its against the US?

I also noticed you left out the puppet states of Russia and China, both of which agreed to all UN sanctions up to this point. Any reason you left them out?

I think this is a good thing. If Iran wants to hold the US accountable then they can damn well start with themselves.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

Indeed, they intend for this to ramp up tensions and push us into a new war. These sanctions are definately hostile.

From an article on Yahoo!

"Our intent is to implement this law in a timed and phased approach so that we avoid repercussions to the oil market and ensure that this damages Iran and not the rest of the world," the senior U.S. official told Reuters.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join