It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10 Reasons Not To Marry - Why Men Should Avoid The Trap

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by PROT3CTOR

One of these days maybe.

I'm not looking.

Seen men, seen kids.. I don't want either.

Stick to my dog.

They can come over.. But they have to go back home.

edit on 31-12-2011 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
If people can marry and stay happily married - good for you! I know it can be right for some people.

I personally do not believe in marriage - it is a tool the government and church use to control the masses. I have had one serious relationship without marrying - and - I am glad I didn't bother with the marriage ceremony. He was a narcissist and destroyed me - yes me - and the life I worked on believing it was 'our' life together.

Never again will I allow someone into my life - joint bank account - all my trust - just to feel the pain if him having an affair with a woman who walked out on her husband and three Children. Not bitter - have moved through the pain but I do not believe marriage is a must do.

I am not looking but I imagine I will let someone into my life at some stage when the time is right - no marriage and if he wants marriage he can look elsewhere. Trust does not need a piece of paper. Fidelity is a choice a person makes and commitment to another person is a personal choice. No piece of paper will make a person trustworthy or faithful.

The deepest part of the pain - once the initial agony had settled - was not the sexual intimacy with another person - it was the deceit and lies. If you are going to marry someone - sincerely marry someone and maintain your vows - you cannot deceive and you cannot lie.

Much Peace...to all those recovering from a broken heart...

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by WWu777

Interesting little blog and rant...And it does sound like a match made in hell.

I would say that if marriage is to hard for you...Then don't do it.

And all of your little points seem to have a common theme to them, and that is...You seem to want to have the option of moving around while married...to which I am pretty sure there are many married couple's who already do that, I think there called swinging couples.

But there are all kinds of people out there doing all kinds of things, really bro just pick your poison and stick to it.

But whatever floats your boat dude, and like I said. If it sounds like something that is hard, or you cant do it, then don't do it.

Though the only thing I agree to certain degrees with in that rant is this.

So you see, it doesn't make sense to invoke an artificial contract into a relationship or love affair that places a bind and lock on the couple. Why not let love bloom, run its natural course, however long that may be, and die out on its own? Why try to force people to stay together with a chain and lock, even if they shouldn't? That's imprisonment. It interferes with the natural cycle and flow of things, and with human will too. Love cannot be controlled or tied down with a contract.

And yes it has become one big joke, were people just use it to get over on the other or to get something from the other, or to just get under the skin of the other....And all in all people just naturally get together, and naturally fall apart from each other....Putting chains on that when it is so obvious it will not work will not make it better.

But I am sure people have a choice of getting a clean split if they really wanted to. Yet there spite and hatred and there pettiness, gets the better of them when such things fall apart. Which is understandable but not to the degrees people take it to. And they do like to dig as much as they can in there former mates skin.

And off-course there are people just looking to get "things" using this process, it is pretty obvious. That for some its just a tool in getting there provisions. In the female gender it is easy to see this, in the male gender not so much so...But ya you cant impose laws and rules on a natural phenomenon, it just will become a tool for such things, and really...What happened to people just working things out by themselves, really the courts are not needed at all.

It's all just one big parasitic feeding fest. Were everybody is out to get something. But really who do you think made it that way if not people invloved.

But thankfully for me I never had anything that anybody wanted. And also I that disease that keeps all females away... I do believe its called, being broke, poor and a loser. And so I never had this problem.
It has it's ups and downs, but so far more ups then downs...I have no complains...As I happen to like my loser life, if it were not so, then it would not be so.

But this # has to stop, its even beginning to annoy me. And I am pretty much blind, def, dumb and stupid when it comes to relationships and such things, in fact this whole thing stinks to high heaven....And a match made in heaven it is not.

But yes marriage is a joke it seems, only it is not funny....So you do make some good points.

Let me know what you all think.

Birds of a feather flock together. And a raven or bald eagle will not match well with a pigeon....And you my friend are a pigeon, so why try to live as a raven....As you can see! Your right! that marriage makes no sense.

edit on 31-12-2011 by galadofwarthethird because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

Wow Manhater you have claws. I guessed there was some reason's for your name...All's I can say is...Good list.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
IMHO there has to be a standing up of those that are good men and women. All of the bad ones out there seem to have all of the publicity.

There has to be a way that those that are worth it begin to rise up, and even find each other. I cant say that Im a good women on ATS, when this isn't the place to get the attention of others like myself.

So until we become the majority, then we have to deal with what we look for, or change how we decide how people will make us happy based on a bar, club, hook-up, or matching site.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by galadofwarthethird

Wow Manhater you have claws. I guessed there was some reason's for your name...All's I can say is...Good list.

This is a buttkissing post if I ever saw one !!

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater
reply to post by Night Star

Yeah, I tried to show the judge, she wouldn't look. So, I said screw that chit, and got a lawyer. And, had to pay him to leave. Messed up. Least I got my house back.

Never get a joint account.

One thing I fking learned about men.
edit on 31-12-2011 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

1) I am surprised the dev's and mods are OK with your name(actually I am not based upon their past behavior but I digress) as if you targeted any other demograph you would probably be insta banned.

2) A male hating bigot(as only an insensitive bigot would have such a name) trying to claim umbrage, how amusing.

3) The sheer level of self validation and shaming language from the feminine divine cult is even more amusing.

You know all the points are true because you can't counter them, debunk them. The only thing you can do is mock them.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   
There is such an imbalance between the sexes that it's light-years beyond ridiculous.

I can somewhat empathize with men who have a little bitterness concerning women and relationships, but I have virtually zero empathy for jaded, bitter women who bash men. The reasons why are simple: women have options; men don't.

Whereas a man is continuously well aware of his utterly pathetic lack of opportunities and thus, makes dues with what he can get; a woman--make that *any* woman--consistently has many multiple and various options to choose from in regards to dating and relationships.

Even good looking, educated, successful men are forced to choose from among the pitiful sampling of trolls that notice them... but a woman who is mediocre at best, or worse, has next to nothing going for herself, will always be able to date well out of her league. Therein lies the difference in the sexes.

If you are a woman, then regardless of what you look like, how much you weigh; the condition of your health or teeth; where you work (or even if you work at all); where you live; what kind of car you drive (or if you even have one); what your goals and ambitions are (or if you even have any); etc., so on and so forth... you will always--*always*--have your pick among dozens of potential suitors.

Whenever I observe a woman spewing forth some sort of sob story about what some guy has put her through, I can't help but feel as if my intelligence is insulted. Just based on the fact that you are female, your options, by default, are infinitely broader than mine... so because of the fact that you chose to love a jerk, I'm supposed to feel sorry for you? Forget it.

There are numerous men out there who are practically bleeding in their souls for the chance to love and cherish a good woman... and yet, as we all know, women are like flies--they buzz right past all the beautiful flowers in life to land on a clump of feces. When the stench becomes too much for them to bear, they expect the world to pity them. I don't think so.

In specific regards to marriage, yes it is foolish for a man to get married--for far more reasons than the few points touched upon by the OP.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by korathin

I don't hate all men.

I still date.

They just can't spend the night.

edit on 1-1-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by WWu777

Why would i get married?
As a recovering cathlolic i dont beleive in god so why do i need his imaginary blessing?
Also as i have been doing my upmost to stay out of insitutions all my life, why would i place myself inside one voluntarily?

Also there seems to be a lot of women on this thread who seem to think all men are the same as the muppets they were taken in by.Well ladies let me tell you some of us are real men,I have never cheated but moore than one woman has cheated on me.I have never sponged of any woman i make a reasonable living,but i have had one woman ask after three years why i wouldnt support her financially.
My point being we all make misstakes, dont blame all men because you cant see a muppet when its stood in front of you.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi
Bitter men... Bitter women...

Focus on your own lives and stop projecting to the rest of us.

Is it bitterness? Or is it just fun? There's always been a competition between the sexes, and sometimes it's just fun! Where's your sense of humor??
I have a wonderful husband that I love very much, but we still like to go back and forth about who's smarter (men or women) etc. Keeps things spicy
Also, my first husband was pretty lousy, which makes me so much more appreciative of the husband that I have now. Sometimes we have to go through bad times so that when the good times come we know how blessed we are.
Not dissing you by any means, just a different way of looking at things.

Also, bitterness is a pretty normal emotion for anyone that's been hurt. Everyone feels a little bitter after they have been deeply hurt. It takes time to get over that, and anger & bitterness are just a part of the process. It's only unhealthy if one holds onto it long term, and applies it to everyone. It can be pretty unhealthy if you just hold onto it and apply it to everyone that comes along. Forgiveness is best in the long run, but remembering is good. You don't want to forget to the point where you allow the same hurtful behavior to be used on you again and again.
edit on 1-1-2012 by britelite1971 because: Added to post.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by britelite1971

Is it bitterness? Or is it just fun?

To be honest, I don't care. My point was not to influence how someone chooses to live their life, my point was to state that in doing so, focus on that and quit advising or reflecting that choice onto others. Pretty simple concept, I would imagine, though for the bitter - misery loves company - no?

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

I'm only bitter, because I spent my whole life on him. Then, he found a job conveniently after he left. But, couldn't find a dm job in-between. Even after I paid for pilot training. But, I had to spend everything to make him leave. How is that fair to me? Not to mention naming his first born after my sister? It was his friends and his friends kids that made him leave. He wanted to be like them. FK, now he is. I did well enough.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   

It's pretty normal to feel anger and bitterness after going through something like that. I have a lot of admiration for yor strength and resolve in not staying in a relationship where you were being mistreated. The best women are strong women!

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   

I get it, really.

My post was not about feeling or talking about bitterness, it was about reflecting that onto others in such a way that someone feels the need to tell others how to live, as the OP has done. My point is really simple, though I suppose it could be made difficult if one wanted to read into it, but it boils down to this: Live as you choose, don't choose for others.

A rhetorical question though:

By not choosing to work on moving past bitterness, who hurts more in the long run? The bitter person, or the focal point/cause of that bitterness?

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Okay, so if an even larger percentage of the male population decides not to marry that leaves many single women with no options but:

Single motherhood
Skipping motherhood
Finding a female for a long-term relationship
Consider polygamy

I think all of these will happen. Here is why: www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by edward7777

Single Motherhood is about choice - I do not believe it has anything to do with a man. I have read articles about successful women who had career and money and quite simply did not want a relationship. As for skipping Motherhood I believe that is a choice - I made it and it had absolutely nothing to do with men.

The cabal/illuminati/whatever in conjunction with religion constructed marriage as a tax/money making revenue and it is in reality just another control mechanism - and people fall for it. They also wanted to destroy the family and the sense of family that humans need - they certainly have accomplished that - more and more Children are growing up in disfunctional families and alienated parents.

I had reasons for not wanting Children and at the top of the list is not having a medical history - I was never going to play russian roulette with an unborn Child - I do not have that right. I have stated in another thread that I made my decision to not have Children - or get married - when I was fifteen and as a Teacher many years later - have taught Children of the same age who have already made the same decision.

Your post describes exactly what the cabal/illuminati/whatever want and they are achieving their aims - only people are waking up - when more people are awakened - the chaos will lessen.

Marriage is about control and a piece of paper - for some people you may as well wrap the fish and chips in it.

Much Peace...

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 03:12 AM
link   

reply to post by korathin

I don't hate all men.

I still date.

They just can't spend the night.

I don't care. Your name is in violation of the TOS, and you spout ignorant garbage. So the fact that you date makes you less bigot more chauvinist? It doesn't really matter because chauvinist's, male or female make me sick to my stomach.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by edward7777
Okay, so if an even larger percentage of the male population decides not to marry that leaves many single women with no options but:

Single motherhood
Skipping motherhood
Finding a female for a long-term relationship
Consider polygamy

I think all of these will happen. Here is why: www.youtube.com...

Your forgetting one thing about the MGTOW movement(Men Going Their Own Way[then there is the Zeta Male movement but that is slightly different]), it is essentially an apocalyptic movement. As they already figured out how many young men have to flip the middle finger to society to cause a said societies total collapse.

The end result will more likely then not, be a dark age similar to the one that happened after the Antediluvian civilizations collapsed.

(I think the number is either 21% or 31%, because you see, society/civilization is built upon surplus male labor. As males tend to consume way less then we produce. Feminist's and the government hoped/was counting on the continuation of male surplus and using taxes and CS/Alimony/palimony to transfer the excess to women. Well, instead guy's simply cut down on the amount of work to what is needed just for them to survive. No surplus= big, big problems for society).

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 03:28 AM
link   

reply to post by LadySkadi

I'm only bitter, because I spent my whole life on him. Then, he found a job conveniently after he left. But, couldn't find a dm job in-between. Even after I paid for pilot training. But, I had to spend everything to make him leave. How is that fair to me? Not to mention naming his first born after my sister? It was his friends and his friends kids that made him leave. He wanted to be like them. FK, now he is. I did well enough.

Go to this website:
www.lovefraud.com...

The guy you fell in love with was a "Psychopath". Someone without a conscience (Conscience defined as knowing right from wrong and being able to feel right from wrong). It sucks you had bad luck to fall into a psychopaths trap. Either way the people at that website may be able to help you cope better then anyone here ever could.

I don't know if I agree with everything on that website(I haven't read the entire thing yet, just pieces here and there), but it is worth a try.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join