It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10 Reasons Not To Marry - Why Men Should Avoid The Trap

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Hi all,
Check out my new essay I just wrote covering many logical reasons why marriage doesn't make sense and is detrimental. Check it out here:

10 Reasons Not To Marry - Why Men Should Avoid The Trap

Let me know what you all think.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Yuh, you forgot to mention why women should avoid the trap.

10. Let me waste all my money, because you think it grows on trees.

9. Let's cheat on the chick 3 houses down.

8. Let's follow my friends like a lost puppy dog.

7. I want a kid so bad, and since you haven't given me any, I'll sleep with all the tramps on the block..

6. I'll find a job after I leave you.

5. I'll find a hoe to give me a kid, since you won't.

4 Wow. I'll name my child after your sister. BARF...

3. Glad she has a job, she can support me now.

2. FU

1. FU, Hope you get recalled to go to war.

There's the women version.

Cheaper being single.

Hate people that are one sided.

I was married 13 years before kids and friends fell in the picture.
edit on 31-12-2011 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

Well said! Thank you! Like we want to trap them into what?....being a pain in our beautiful arse?!

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by britelite1971

Seriously..

Can't believe this blog...

Fkr, when I went to court, he couldn't stand god and there he is, sitting with a bible and no job...

Since when did you convert?

But, the court fell for his chit. And I had to pay, for a lawyer, to a house he never put a dime too.

He was not getting my house, that was one thing I made sure of, I paid for this fkr and it's MINE and I won.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by WWu777

In all honesty, I feel sorry for you. I truly do. Life as you describe it is one long adolescence, a whole lifetime of self-centered lust for whatever feels good at the moment. It's all about you and what (and whom) you want today. Life is just a big superficial party with you as the guest of honor. There appears to be no room for long-lasting love, keeping promises, strong bonds or children.

Alrighty then, whatever floats yer boat. With such thinking as you display, the kindest thing you can do is stay single.

Do the women you run into a favor, though.....Be straight up with them from the beginning, explain to them that you don't believe in monogamy, marriage, or family. And for God's sake, always use a condom.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Wow! He took a bible to court?! That's classic! I thought I had seen it all with my ex! Congrats on getting the house by the way! I'm not sure what makes some men think they are so desirable that we're all trying to "trap" them! I'm for plan B, instead we just say "no thanks".

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I have been married for 32 years. I don't think people take enough time to get to know each other before they marry. I don't think people know how important compramise and friendship has to do with a lasting relationship. I think too many people take each other for granted thinking the grass is greener on the other side. Too many people take their spouses for granted, not realizing what they actually have.

Be mutually repectful, don't take one another for granted and keep the lines of communication open. Marry your best friend and you can have a very fulfilling and joyous marraige.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

Yeah, I tried to show the judge, she wouldn't look. So, I said screw that chit, and got a lawyer. And, had to pay him to leave. Messed up. Least I got my house back.

Never get a joint account.

One thing I fking learned about men.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
you had me a "it's a trap" lolz

edit on 12/31/2011 by staple because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Hey...if that's the way you want it...don't get married.Not everyone thinks like you do, and most women I know wouldn't marry a guy who thinks like you anyway. If that's how you think, that's fine....don't get married....nothing wrong with that. But don't lump everyone into your way of thinking, because it's different for everyone. Some people don't want to sleep with everyone around and risk getting STDs....and you CAN be with one person and keep it exciting if you know what you're doing. If a married man isn't "getting any"....there's a reason why. Like say.....not treating his wife like he did when he was pursuing her, and taking her for granted, and spending too much time lusting after others....instead of her.
edit on 12/31/2011 by StealthyKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Ok, is this a joke thread or something?? haha....Alright now, this is only my opionion, let me remind everyone of that
As I read through the artical, actually before even getting to the artical, there are photos of a hot girl in a bikini, and other photos to "set the stage" for what youre about to read....anyway, marriage is NOT A BAD THING! It should not be demonized in this manner.....I mean, yeah, if you marry the wrong person, then of course youll be unhappy and you'll most certainly experience those things....but there are millions of people who marry the "right person" and do not experience those things.....so allow me to list a few reasons to marry....because you LOVE someone and want to spend the rest of your life with them because they are THAT awesome! Sex does not die unless you both let it! I am divorced because I married the wrong woman...for the wrong reasons....but I've learned from that, and now I'm waiting for the "right one" to come along. To erradicate marriage is to destroy the family unit! you do this, you destroy society as a whole! Divorce also destroys society, so I'm speaking of a healthy family unit. A marriageless society, will lead to a mass influx of lustful lifestyles, instant gratificaton, diseases, abortions, instability of personal life, insecurity, LONELINESS, and insufficiency......Man and woman were designed to love one another and teach this to their children in a stable homelife. Of course this happens less and less in todays world of a depraived society. Now if you believe we are just all "animals", and should live by our desires and lusts....then of course this would appeal to you.....this is a touchy subject.....I mean, isnt it OBVIOUS why marriage is needed in society?? It is to most people.....my divorce happend when I went to Iraq....she said she fell in love with another soldier becaue I wasnt around for her.....oh well, guess that tells you about her character. We were still in our honeymoon stage.....i tried to fight for her when I got back, but her mind was made up. Still even after all that.....I want to fall head over heels in love with the right one, next time around
The glass is half full....
edit on 31/12/2011 by PROT3CTOR because: To fill a void in information...

edit on 31/12/2011 by PROT3CTOR because: punctuation problems

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Night Star
I have been married for 32 years. I don't think people take enough time to get to know each other before they marry. I don't think people know how important compramise and friendship has to do with a lasting relationship. I think too many people take each other for granted thinking the grass is greener on the other side. Too many people take their spouses for granted, not realizing what they actually have.

Be mutually repectful, don't take one another for granted and keep the lines of communication open. Marry your best friend and you can have a very fulfilling and joyous marraige.

Congratulations on your 32 years of marriage! Yes...communication and marrying your best friend is really the best way to be married.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Yeah,you think that could be because ummmm,that's not what he wrote the article about?Perhaps you and the other bitter women in this thread should collaborate and write one.Be sure to start your own thread on it too

As for the op...I suppose everyone is entitled to their own opinion.The only one I agree with is #4.But you don't have to married for that to happen!

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I am with you Manhater. I will never make the mistake of getting married again. Marriage=raising an over grown teenager or toddler depending on the day.

I do realize there are some decent men out there, but I am done putting forth any effort to find them. Being single is far less complicated and I prefer my space.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Bitter men... Bitter women...

Focus on your own lives and stop projecting to the rest of us.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   

....First, I'm sorry you had such a bad experience with a loser....but NOT ALL MEN OR EVEN MOST men are like that. There are equally, IMO, enough jerky women as there are men on the planet....now, after saying that....I hope that you learn to forgive, let the anger go, and meet a guy that can love you the way you were meant to be loved and adored
Now, this topic is waaaaaaaayyyyyyy off!! Now back "ON TOPIC" here......

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by calstorm
I am with you Manhater. I will never make the mistake of getting married again. Marriage=raising an over grown teenager or toddler depending on the day.

I do realize there are some decent men out there, but I am done putting forth any effort to find them. Being single is far less complicated and I prefer my space.

Start a new thread somewhere else....this isnt the place.
edit on 31/12/2011 by PROT3CTOR because: typed to wrong reply

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Sorry, I'm not ugly and I'm not a super model.

So, my ex, has no excuse, to go from me, to go to, an non ex super-model, to someone who looks 10 times older my age. He's 250 pds and I'm 86 pounds. Or ,sleep, with some amazon women, with some fake breasts.

Least, I won't look like grandma in 10 years.

That's all I got to say.

Yes, I'm still spiteful. I spent my whole life on him. It hurts. You can say money is money. But, it's not.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I now know why they say: Hell has no fury like a woman scorned. lol..

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

Hahaha.....THANK YOU!! Short and sweet

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join