It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rawstory Managing Director: "Ron Paul Wants The States To Be Able To Discriminate"

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
The fallacy here is "the feds would never disciminate but the states would." Ever hear of the war on drugs? Like that doesn't discriminate? How about the welfare state? Taking money from the poductive and giving to the unproductive isn't discrimination? How about bailouts to mega banks but not the average family, that's equality?

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Pixiefyre

A very good point indeed. At some point, to leave everything up to the states would be opening a pandoras box that could very well lead to some very disturbing scenarios.

Personally, anytime I hear a politician say anything to the effect that; "this or that should be left up to the states," I automatically know that I'm being fed a line of crap. I mean, we may as well be 50 different countries if every state is going to have different laws on everything.

If there is to be no uniformity, then why do we have the word "United" in the name of our country? What ever happened to "United We Stand" or "All For One & One For All?" In a nation without uniformity, states are left to compete against each other in the open market and it rapidly becomes a race to the bottom.

"States Rights" was the argument used to justify slavery in the past and it's no better excuse for discrimination today than is was then.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I solute you!

Mud flies when it comes to politics of course, but from journalists? That's just not right, regardless of accuracy.

Journalism today in America is basically non existent. It's a disgusting state of mental retardation somewhere in between Orange ppl on Jersey Shore and whatever Lindsay Lohan did last night. Evidently, this is the crap America cares about. At least this is the crap someone wants us to care about.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Hey anbd the Tea party and Ron Paul simply do not use every dirty trick in the book??? Wise up people this is a dirty war. Ron Paul is not the first person nor will he be the last. Where have you peope been living?? Didn't they even attack Chelsea Clinton to get a Bill??

I am not amazed at anything. Even as I write this every scumbag journo is going through the candidates bins.

Her is my prediction:

It will get even worse!!

You have been warned.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

So if you listen and watch the video the guy is basically saying Ron Paul wants the states to be able to discrimate

He does.

If you don't know this about Ron Paul...then maybe you need to look into him some more.

No, he doesn't. He wants businesses to be able to sell to and hire whomever they want to, and let the market regulate itself. He also says that any business that does discriminate will self-implode and go out of business, because of aforesaid self-regulation.

/TOA

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Lol. i'd vote for him if i thought it would matter. He has alot of good ideas including End the Fed and ending big government. Doesn't really matter though so no point in me voting.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by PaxVeritas
reply to post by Hillarie

They don't have 'sodomy' sex and then realize "oh man I need more of this stuff I'm becoming gayer by the second'

OK that had me literally laughing out loud

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   

In order to say that we truly live in a free society, one must have the right to discriminate. If someone owns a restaurant it is their private property, and they can do with it as they see fit. That means that the owner of said restaurant can refuse to serve anyone for any reason. Just because I agree with this does not mean that I support the restaurant owner's ignorant and hateful beliefs, but I do support their freedom. I would not go to this restaurant, and perhaps many others would feel the same way and it would eventually go out of business because the free market and the consumers that make up the free market decided not to go to a restaurant ran by a racist or a homophobe. If you are black, gay, Asian, or whatever would you rather know that the restaurant on the corner is owned by someone that hates you... so that you could choose not to spend your hard earned money there, or would you rather the Federal Government pass laws that forces someone that hates you to serve you and hide their hate from you? This is Ron Paul's stance, and it is mine too.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join