It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News apologizes to Jews for poll on who murdered Jesus

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
In one of those "what in the heck were they thinking?" moments, Fox News Latin America put up a poll asking 'who murdered Jesus' and included 'Jews' as one response. Worse still, this was a promotional item for a Christmas special.

Apparently there were just three choices: “Pontius Pilate; The Jewish People; the High Priests.”

They've supposedly taken "appropriate measures" to prevent this happening again.

The Vatican officially denounced this teaching in 1965.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Well it was them though.. They pressurised the Roman emperor so much that he had to execute Jesus.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Indellkoffer

You do realize...this is a potential cam of worms...don't you.

Faux News has been stepping in it for so long...they'll never wipe those shoes clean....

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Well in that story book i seem to remember the Jews letting Barapus the most horrible criminal in all the land go free instead of Jesus who they sent via the Romans to die by getting his body nailed to a cross.

I would say it was the Jews but its a very old story so it could have been the dinosaurs for all I know.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
But if everything is god's will, wouldn't that mean god killed Jesus?

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
This cracks me up.

People dispute the Bible all day everyday.

Then they argue about the characters in its stories.

The people themselves forsake the God that become one of them.

Somethings never change.

The End.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Dont you understand its a trick question...it was ALL of them.
1 - The Jews thought of him as a blasphemer who "burnt his food in public"

2 - Then the Senhadrin pressurised an already pressurised Pontious Pilot to execute him in order to avoid more blood shed in Jerusalem. (Tablets exist that show Pilot had bee threatened by Rome with dismisal and a dishonorable homecoming if there was more bloodshed in Jerusalem...recently Pilot had to request more troops due to problems with the locals.)

As Bart Simpson would say "damned if you do, damned if you dont"

3 - Finally Pilot was forced into the situation where he didnt know what to do, so he sent Jesus to Herod tecnically avoiding a very sticky situation, thus the "washing of the hands" incident, getting rid of the problem.

Yet again, Bart would say "Dont look at me i did'nt do it"

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Well, they should apologize. I see at least 3 choices missing, given today's attitudes and need to find blame. Where are the real culprits to such a dirty deed?

- George w. Bush
- President Ahmadinejad
- Occupy Global

Now, surely one of those three..or perhaps all 3 working in some backroom plot had something to do with it. Must have! They are blamed for everything else ever to go wrong on Planet Earth. Just ask Obama, he'll wear an ear out explaining how George there must have been paying Judas under the table to make it all happen...while Ahmad was scripting the execution..and Occupy lined the streets to protest. Yup... They just had the wrong selection of evil doers.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Who cares?

Real Christians should believe it doesnt matter who killed him, only that he died for their sins. Of course, that part always gets forgotten.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Is Israel afraid that letting this poll go on would somehow put them in a bad light? You know like teaching about the holocaust in school puts modern day Germany in a bad light.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by aching_knuckles

Since Christianity is dependent on the Resurrection of Christ, may be Christians should thank whoever ordered the crucifixion, since without that there was no resurrection. It is also silly to think that any mortal could have killed God/God's son, unless it was His will.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I bet one answer got 99 percent response. And of course Faux News would have to apologize to their owners.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
This is outrageous! This can not be allowed!!
People permitted to express their honest opinions?
Didn't we learn any thing from the holocaust?
People must be legally obligated to lie under threat of imprisonment or fine and claim to believe whatever the politically correct demand they believe. The idea that they should be allowed to speak the truth, even about their own opinions can not be tolerated.
What kind of barbaric uncivilized society does this show us to be that our laws do not forbid people from possessing their own honest opinions?
Hopefully, with time, we will learn that being tolerant means making lieing legally mandatory.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
When you consider that his death and resurrection were part of his plan, and also consider how far his message would have spread had this not have happened (I would think him living to an old age and dying and staying dead would have diminished that and I have no doubt he knew that as well) Then logically speaking no one murdered him.

To put it in modern day terns (and I mean no offense with this) His death would be more like those occassional cases of "Suicide by Police.
edit on 12/31/11 by Pixiefyre because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Indellkoffer
In one of those "what in the heck were they thinking?" moments, Fox News Latin America put up a poll asking 'who murdered Jesus' and included 'Jews' as one response. Worse still, this was a promotional item for a Christmas special.

Apparently there were just three choices: “Pontius Pilate; The Jewish People; the High Priests.”

They've supposedly taken "appropriate measures" to prevent this happening again.

The Vatican officially denounced this teaching in 1965.

Oddly enough the poll leaves out the real Jesus killers: Roman's/Italians. That is the reason why the Roman Catholic Church made a big deal out of it(and because of the Jewish revolts). The only story we get is the one censored by the Romans.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   
It was my own sinfulness that caused Christ (Jesus/The Messiah) to be crucified.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by aching_knuckles

I am with you, aching,

Jesus died for the sins of the world - what a waste.

Talk about no gratitude.

The Bible says that Jesus was a Jew, and that His own people betrayed Him.

But I have always demounced the Bible because it was recorded by many different people from different perspectives.

And we all know how much people lie.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Things haven't changed. History repeats it's self again
by a self-serving lobby group, domineering the government.
So much for 'change'

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   
I see nothing wrong with that. Do you mean that they have uncovered forensic evidence that proves it was somebody else?

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Michelle Bachmann meets Jesus Christ. This little documentary should clear some things up here.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join