It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Much Blood is on Your Hands? See how you score!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Erno86

Bad logic.
You cannot give me a 5. Now, you can create a thread and award me a 5 on your scale. Please do so, I would love to see how you could ever build a logical framework on illogical hypotheses.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by AdAstra

Blood is blood, human or otherwise.
It may have nothing to do with guilt, or complicity in a crime. It may be necessary in a given situation to kill. The point is, you will have blood on your hands.
Justified or not.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Star for that!
I don't need any more on my conscience than I already have.
I reserve the right to weep at your funeral however, after all, I AM human.
(communicating with a robot can be FUN)

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
-0 here. Now what?

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I get a 1, and I like the concept of the thread for making people think. Many folks don't like to self-analyze, few desire any growth in responsibility for their actions and inaction. Many rationalize their choices as means to an end, or every-man-for-himself ideology. The time is fast approaching for self-realization, during which we will all hold ourselves accountable to our choices and actions in stark objectivity. As always, our frequency/vibration will determine our next incarnation. Humans are an interesting species, so full of potential and frequent miracles, yet so often apathetic to reprehensible atrocities to each other, other species, and the biosphere itself. I wonder how they'll fare as a whole, when they see their place within the spectrum of vibration in the Universe. I'm hoping it will be a positive motivator for spiritual progress on the whole.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by SurrealisticPillow

Guilty by inactivity. How man people does Rupert Murdoch pass by every day? Every one of them who does nothing to stop his influence that moment is just as guilty as he.

No man is innocent of causing blood of his fellow man to be split.

I am not seeking to get out of it. Quite frankly, until I have power, I don't care what those men do. I have my own life, and I will lead it as best I can.

But of course, you assume I am entirely in opposition to what NATO has done. I repeat. I am not.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

He made a sarcastic point, and the reason you dont think it is fun is because the truth hurts. All americans one way or another are responsible because we allowed our government to do this to innocent people. Any repercussions that happen are rightly deserved because we Americans let it happen while we were 'pressing like' on Facebook or watching American idol.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

Lunch is promptly at 12. I have to go out now and convince the hog to kill itself so we can eat. That way I won't have to kill, and won't get any innocent blood on my hands during the ham sammitch production. After all, that hog ain't done nothing wrong other than being tasty!

Thanks for making New Years a bloody good one!

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by SurrealisticPillow

Star for that!
I don't need any more on my conscience than I already have.
I reserve the right to weep at your funeral however, after all, I AM human.
(communicating with a robot can be FUN)

Nah, I'm not a robot - I just tend to have more control over myself than some, and sometimes that's the way it appears from the outside looking in.

I'm not in that exact line of work any more. I don't go overseas for anything these days, and there's so much more that needs doing right here anyhow. I don't believe the next enemy you face will be wearing a turban. More likely to be a 3 piece suit or riot gear, but you've stated your preference, and I'll respect that. Have at 'em the best way you can, or not, as you see fit. I'll stay out of your battles.There's other folks that will prefer my sort of "assistance" any how.

Don't be crying at my funeral. I'm more the "Irish wake" kind of guy. Instead of flowers that I'll never see any how, buy whatever you prefer to eat and drink, and throw a party. I'd rather be sung out than mourned out. Is it not written that we are to mourn at a birth and rejoice at a death?

Sing me out with music - the louder the better - and dancing. That's why I do what I do and have done what I've done, so that other folks can do that without fear of reprisals.

I think that's a more fitting way to send me on my way.

edit on 2012/1/1 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by trig_grl

Now what?
Go forth into the world and destroy lies with truth, ignorance with knowledge, and hate with love.
0 is a very good score!

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by peacemind

The human potential. Are there any limits other than the ones we place upon ourselves?
The pursuit of perfection, unattainable as it may very well be, has to begin in the heart.
Thanks for the comment.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Thank you.
Sometimes a little soul searching can lead to better choices in the future, I think.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   

The exchange of ideas has been interesting, at least for me.
I take back the robot comment. It was in bad taste.
I think we understand each other, but I think if you knew me personally you would want me on your side in the event we were invaded. I am a Ron Paul sort of pacifist. The fight starts at OUR border, and ends there. That is just my view. Everyone is entitled to their own.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   

The NATO war machine is actively killing people. Since the U.S. is part of NATO, and no war has been declared against an hostile enemy, these are war crimes. Although Iraq, Afghanistan, and Libya are particularly noteworthy examples of recent NATO atrocities, the war machine fully expects to expand their war crimes into Syria and Iran soon. Perhaps Pakistan at a later date.
All for exploitation of resources, of course.

So, how much blood is on your hands? Find your number, it is FUN!

0. You do not contribute in any way to the NATO war machine, nor any other. If you live in a NATO country, you don't pay income taxes.
You consistently vote for anti-war candidates. You have never killed anyone, domestically or as part of the military. You do not work in an industry that manufactures armaments or devices used in war as far as you know. You do not harass or harm anti-war protesters. You go out of your way to publicly denounce a foreign policy that calls for the killing of innocent people that have not threatened you or yours in any way.
You have 0 blood on your hands.

1. You live in a NATO country, and you pay your taxes. Other than that, all else in 0 applies. You realize that you are indirectly supporting the war machine, but you do not want to bring down the possible heavy hand of the state on you and your family.
You have very little blood on your hands. Not enough to stain your hands.

2. Although all in 0 or 1 apply to you personally, you support family members that choose to go and fight overseas. You do not challenge them in any way, you keep silent. You do not want rifts in the family. You pretend to your military friends and family that you think like them even though you do not.
Or, you were in the military, but you saw the light and got out when you could. You regret having taken part, but you keep it to yourself.
You have little blood on your hands. Enough to stain, but easy to get the stain off.

3, You are not in the military, but you fully support the military. You believe that the best defense is taking the war to the enemy. Although you dislike civilian casualties, you believe they are, for the most part, not preventable. You trust the official story as told by your leaders as generally being the truth. You do not actively work for the military directly in any way, however.
You have blood on your hands. It will take a little soap to get the stain out.

4, You are, or were in the military, and you don't regret it. You killed some folks, it was part of the job. You would do it again for God and country. Or, you work in the military-industrial complex supplying the machinery of war. You would slap an anti-war protestor with whatever your government told you to slap them with.
You hands are dripping blood. Not likely to ever get the stain out.

5. You kill, and you enjoy it. You can't wait to redeploy. You led the torture team. You relish the screaming of the enemy.
Or, you design the latest weaponry. Perhaps you lobby for ever more military expenditures. Or, you work to recruit young bodies to go and fight, while telling them how much glory there is in it. You are the ultimate bad ass.
You drink blood. You are inhuman. You ARE the stain.

So, ATS-ers! How many points you got!

For the record, I have a little, and I am working to wash that stain out.

This is obviously a propoganda tool. Look at the 0 field, read the wording and realize it is meant specifically to give most people an "out" and a clear conscience while giving them ammunition to criticize all the republicans in their family at Christmas parties. Like "I am good person I vote democrat and eat vegetables you are republican and eat red meat and love the war machine".

Ridiculous that people are able to think for themselves some times. The only people that really have blood on their hands are the ones that really have blood on their hands. You know?

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by sputniksteve

Propaganda?
For that to be true, I would have to benefit would I not?
I admitted to having some complicity, I am not a 0, nor am I a Democrat. I am a Ron Paul guy.
Hope that clears things up for you.
(Score?)

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   

The exchange of ideas has been interesting, at least for me.
I take back the robot comment. It was in bad taste.
I think we understand each other, but I think if you knew me personally you would want me on your side in the event we were invaded. I am a Ron Paul sort of pacifist. The fight starts at OUR border, and ends there. That is just my view. Everyone is entitled to their own.

That's why Ron Paul, is going to lose his bid to be the Republican presidential candidate.
edit on 1-1-2012 by Erno86 because: spelling

edit on 1-1-2012 by Erno86 because: ditto

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Paying income tax does not equate onto having blood on your hands.

If you buy groceries, and that money is given in a paycheck to an employee for the grocery store, who ends up murdering someone, does that mean you have blood on your hands?

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
This is pointless tripe like you see so often at GLP. "You are guilty of genocide because you are American!"

Hey here's a thought, if you are muslim, are you a pedophile? Because Mohammed was, it's in the Koran. It's in verses 65:4 and 33:21. He had sex with his nine year old wife, ergo, all muslims are pedophiles.

It works both ways.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by SurrealisticPillow

Well…I’m still sporting one of these old things.

So what number am I? Do I get a prize?

You really over simplify things by saying:

All for exploitation of resources, of course.

Do you REALLY believe all wars are fought only for resources? Do you really believe we will attack Iran for its “resources” or could it be because they are pursuing nuclear weapons with the intent on using them?

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Good luck on finding anyone who doesn't pay taxes, that's is a forced issue. Kind of like the government handing you a gun and wrapping it's arms around you, putting it's hands around yours on the gun....and pulling the trigger for you. This does not apply, because most, if not all would never pay taxes if they were not FORCED to under the penalty of Federal Prison, with a life to follow that offers nothing, because no one hires criminals. As for voting.....I hae never voted and never will. I knew from an early age that politicians were snakes and guilty of virtually every sin, not worthy to run their own households, let alone a country, yet have the audacity and egocentric position to think that they are more worthy to run our lives than we are. Bankers certain fall into this catagory as well. Take the Rockefellers for instance, Thanking the media for hiding their true intentions all of these years and saying that the masses would certainly rather be ruled by an egocentric group of psyhos, than a well established government with freedom for all and an honest economy. (For some reason, he made it sound good in their favor though, not sure how he did that, but in essence, the aforementioned is what he was really saying when you remove the icing from the cake.) I personally have no blood on my hands, save that I was forced to do (paying taxes, if indeed, it was used to buy a gun for a marine or something). I suppose it would be sufficient to say that I am not above it though.........it depends on what team you're playing on that determines whether it is a good thing or a bad thing. Team Government/Bankers vs. Team Original American Patriots. (that is, the patriot before it was cleverly and systematically abominated into something to describe terrorism). It will all come down to this Team vs. that Team....and everyone will have blood on their hands in the near future, im sure of it......either yours or someone elses. It's just a prediction, or rather, learning from history....a pattern that is repeating itself over and over again.
edit on 1-1-2012 by Phenomium because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join