It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Much Blood is on Your Hands? See how you score!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by SurrealisticPillow

In my opinion... I would give you a hard #5 on your most distasteful -- blood on your hands rating scale. Because.... anybody who does not support the basic concept of NATO, has to be in full support of worldwide bloodthirsty killer's.
edit on 1-1-2012 by Erno86 because: added a word

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Evil doer nazi forces invade sovereign nation Iraq. Oops I meant good guy NATO forces invading French sovereign soil.
Evil nasty insurgent French resistance terrorists fight the invading Nazi/NATO foreigners with cowardly gorilla tactics and get labeled war heros by the world media when the evil doer nazi's retreat.
Evil doer British infiltrators from neighbouring Britain help the insurgents in Iraq. Oops sorry I meant Iranians fighting alongside the French Resistance or was that Iranians fighting alongside the Iraqi's against the hostile invading nazi's ?
World media says that its a good thing that the nazis invaded Iraq or was that France, not sure.
Foreign legions from America fight the invading nazis in Europe; no different to Al Qieda moving into Iraq and fighting the invading NATO forces.

Where is the difference ? Geographical location and colour of the skin.

I say just stick everyone who partakes in and supports wars into an arena and let them fight it out to the death. Those left behind or don't comply; NUKEM. Problem Solved.

This is exactly what is going to happen in the near future. The new arena is the Valley of Megiddo between Jordan and Israel a.k.a Armageddon.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Oh, the "blood" only refers to human blood?
Nice.
We're still living in the stone age, I see.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   

nvm. missed your point.. got it now
edit on 1-1-2012 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Omphale

I tend to disagree..... with your thoughts on soldier's money matters. Soldiering is a job that pays, whether you have to pay for it, by sacrificing your life, in the defense of your country; or just by getting his/hers, monthly check in the mail, by defending your country's ideal's and and right's.

Bascially.... mercenary's or merc's, fight for money, but they still might have underlying moral or political causes for joining the fray.

Cheers,

Erno86

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   
We can nitpick all we want but the OP makes a fair point. That said just about everything in our society makes us complicit. It's hard to know how one could extricate oneself completely - except by going to live on another planet! Where do your taxes go? Where do your clothes and household goods come from? Who is administering your pension? What bank do you use? Etc etc....
The difficulty is neatly illustrated by some pensioners who refused the UK 2011 Census on the grounds of Lockheed Martin's involvement. I wonder if they will also refuse their pension if they realise that Lockheed alias Serco is also running that?

edit on 1-1-2012 by starchild10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I got 2.

This is odd way to have fun. But I don't mind.
edit on 1-1-2012 by ColorGuard because: add more

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by randomname

In your scenario, if you submit by force to having your earnings confiscated for wars or killing, you have very little complicity and likely a clean conscience. But, perhaps not an entirely clean conscience.
I have given this scenario a 1 for a reason. It is the lowest amount of complicity, but it is not a 0.
It was important enough of a moral issue that Jesus Christ had to address it. The view of Jesus, as much as we know and are led to believe, is as you say, and as I have quoted earlier,
"Render unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's, and unto God the things that are God's".
Practical advise, for sure.
If someone pays their taxes and has a clean conscience I would not try to take that away from them. We are our own judge.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Plotus

I'm with You Bro, I'm a Vet, and I agree about the snivvely tone this OP suggests. They curiously seem content in living under the freedoms that US Bloody people provide them. I'll Share a Ham and cheese with you any day Bud.

It was all black and white, all or none. I mean, seriously, if those are the only choices, rank me as a perfect 10 on that scale of 1 to 5.

Did you notice how the choices were constructed? Masterful and effective, probably, against anyone who doesn't know what to look for.

I particularly liked the way he slipped in "slapping protestors" right along with drinking blood and, torturing "innocents", and presumably shooting at the fine folks who have promised to erase your friends and family, as if these things are some how on an equal footing.

All or none.

Black or white.

No gradation.

You're either with us or against us.

Given that choice, I have to be against 'em. It's my own friends, family, and brothers they want to put in jeopardy. Guess who wins in that choice?

Lunch is promptly at 12. I have to go out now and convince the hog to kill itself so we can eat. That way I won't have to kill, and won't get any innocent blood on my hands during the ham sammitch production. After all, that hog ain't done nothing wrong other than being tasty!

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rapha

I say just stick everyone who partakes in and supports wars into an arena and let them fight it out to the death. Those left behind or don't comply; NUKEM. Problem Solved.

Wow.

How's that non-violence streak coming along? Hit a bump, did you?

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Thanks for posting in this whiney thread.
I have responded enough to similar posts, so I will not repeat myself here. I only request that you please do not do your job on MY behalf. Allow me to perish at the hands of AL Qaeda, or whomever else you think will cut my throat if you should step aside. I will take my chances.
Thanks anyhow.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Erno86

Bascially.... mercenary's or merc's, fight for money, but they still might have underlying moral or political causes for joining the fray.

Not necessarily. That's a conviction on hearsay in the court of public opinion.

I've known some that fought for free - just grub, and paid their own fare to get there.

Net loss on the ledgers - some in more ways than just financial.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by SurrealisticPillow
reply to post by nenothtu

Thanks for posting in this whiney thread.
I have responded enough to similar posts, so I will not repeat myself here. I only request that you please do not do your job on MY behalf. Allow me to perish at the hands of AL Qaeda, or whomever else you think will cut my throat if you should step aside. I will take my chances.
Thanks anyhow.

No problem. I've already stated that I figured out some time ago that there are just some folks not worth "saving". It improves the gene pool to let 'em eat their own words.

You're on your own.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rapha
Evil doer nazi forces invade sovereign nation Iraq. Oops I meant good guy NATO forces invading French sovereign soil.
Evil nasty insurgent French resistance terrorists fight the invading Nazi/NATO foreigners with cowardly gorilla tactics and get labeled war heros by the world media when the evil doer nazi's retreat.
Evil doer British infiltrators from neighbouring Britain help the insurgents in Iraq. Oops sorry I meant Iranians fighting alongside the French Resistance or was that Iranians fighting alongside the Iraqi's against the hostile invading nazi's ?
World media says that its a good thing that the nazis invaded Iraq or was that France, not sure.
Foreign legions from America fight the invading nazis in Europe; no different to Al Qieda moving into Iraq and fighting the invading NATO forces.

Some high-grade gibberish right there. Happy New Year ATS.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by kindred

Kindred,
you appear to be a very good soul. If you believe you are 0, I would never try to convince you otherwise. The whole point is that we should all strive to be a 0.
Blood on your hands could very well be necessary in some cases, for instance, self-defense. But, it is still blood, although there may be justification.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by SurrealisticPillow

If there is actually a judgement day, I think a whole lot of people will get a big surprise.

On that we agree. I've always said that "good Christians" are going to be damned good and shocked at who they find in their heaven when they get there - and who they DON'T find!

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by milkyway12

Your avatar is very contrary to your post, in my opinion.
Any 5 out there that wears a cross is seriously delusional. I don't know what else to say, except good luck with all of that.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Jon Quinn

This thread does not assign guilt, only complicity. If you believe you are not guilty of any crime, it is not up to me to convince you otherwise.
I think I have been pretty clear. You know where I stand, and that is, if you participate in the killing of people you have blood on your hands. The degree of complicity is laid out.
What number are you?
Thanks for posting.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Scott495

I think 5 covers those that are pulling the strings. You can't be worse than an inhuman, blood drinking stain on humankind.
At least in my view.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Plotus

Hey Plotus,
whatever cleanses your conscience is okay by me. That is the goal.
But, I don't need you watching my back. I never asked you to do so, "bro".
What is your number?

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join