It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Really Happens If Iran Closes The Gulf of Hormuz?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Greetings,

There's a good thread about Iran on ATS, www.abovetopsecret.com...

However, this situation is current and is a possibility. Essentially, our response to Iran was no way. We have the military power in the Gulf to back up our threat. If sanctions are imposed and Iran decides to act on its' threat just how far will the US go to reopen the Gulf? I believe we'll see a graduated heavy handed response.

I'm sure this scenario has been played out in the war games rooms and in computer exercises. I used to be a minor player in such things. My best guess is our first action will be a combination of air and naval forces to impose our will on Iran.

Immediately, all Iranian naval forces to include their gun boats, ports and support facilities will be destroyed by a series of conventional air and naval attacks. Command and control of the air will be immediately established as all Arab regional air forces join in a mutual attack against Iran to reopen the Gulf to traffic. Once this has been done an offer of cessation of hostilities will be made to restore peace.

If refused and Iran continues to attack or launches ground attacks against its' neighbors the stakes will be raised. At this point the US and the world will be on full military alert. The possibility of WWIII and global nuclear war is a reality.

However, one must remember that by international law the United States is at war with Iran. The US can and may decide to demand the unconditional surrender of the Iranian government or we will resort to nuclear weapons which they cannot fight. There are sufficient targets far enough away from populated areas to show them we mean business. Chances are when faced with total destruction just like japan they will surrender.

However as I've said before the Iranians are all mouth and no guts. There's a yellow streak up the middle of their back as wide as a western 8 lane freeway so you don't have to worry. They will do nothing because after watching Iraq get wasted they get the message.

Happy New Year to all especially our troops in the Gulf. God Bless,

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by airforce47

However as I've said before the Iranians are all mouth and no guts. There's a yellow streak up the middle of their back as wide as a western 8 lane freeway so you don't have to worry. They will do nothing because after watching Iraq get wasted they get the message.

YERANEEJET.

2nd

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Existing thread here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments, queries or concerns to the ongoing discussion.

Thank you

-thread closed-

for future reference:
Search ATS

join