It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A question for everyone who has been in the military or is now.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 05:44 AM
link   
In Iraq I was lucky enough to be in a unit that was pretty good with following the ROE. I have seen some #ty things though but you're "encouraged" to keep your mouth shut about it.

However, if I was ever given an order in which I knew civilians would deliberately be killed, I would not comply. That's not what I signed up to do. Some guys get such an insane superiority complex because they're the ones with the guns so "they call the shots." They feel that they can steal from, rape, or beat whoever they want.

Same goes for at home. If I was ever given an order to inflict pain or unlawfully detain citizens of my country, no way in hell would I comply. My oath was to defend the US constitution, so that's what I'll do, even if the ones giving me the orders are the ones failing to follow it. THEY then become the domestic enemy.

It's not good to be enemies with someone who's trained and armed.

edit on 5-1-2012 by apodictic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by apodictic

Cheers for joining in Military dude, Iam so glad you all seem so moral and like I have said before Iam glad that some people are more brave than myself for defending their country.
Also Iam glad that many of you say you would not shoot us civ's down if we were rioting for food if SHTF.

new topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join