It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien Grey ET on Canadian coin?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Can someone post an artists e-mail, I couldn't find it anywhere, to ask him what a poet meant to said on a suggestion that that boy is infact E.T.
I know art is in the eye of the perceptor but that artist needs to clearly represent the story and caracter on that coin, and he didn't.
I dont buy the official explanation of particular motive cause I'm also struggling to see what he meant to we ALL see.
Thanks

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by zilebeliveunknown

Why bother the artist ?
Any confusion is due to a low res picture scan and the process that goes into transcribing the original artwork for the minting process .

Here is a screenshot of the original artwork

The image on the coin is a representation of this picture transcribed onto metal , it is never going to be an exact copy due to the process involved .

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Working in the mint industry I can tell you that the images that appear on the RCM website are not photos. They are digitally rendered graphic examples and it is well known that these will almost always look different to the final product.

The high-res photo posted is accurate to the real deal. Nothing changed from the digital shown on the website to the coin's production (seen in the high-res photo). It's the nature of how things are done. If I had a Loonie for every person who has said a coin they are looking at in person differs in appearance/feel/clarity to the digital example shown on official mint sites I'd not need to work for a while.

Regarding the Canadian 'Devil Face' Currency incident - this was on the banknote. Not a coin that wasn't even around at that time. The note is common and found in most collections of variety collectors.

There is no story here and no aliens.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Thank you. After all the videos and pictures I've looked through on ATS this is the first real and true picture of an alien that I've seen on this site.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Or... maybe not yet...

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by imc3dxx
I was working my overnight shift during new years eve. I went outside to my vehical around 11:40pm and noticed the moon was not only low in the horizon, but had a red tint to it. I live in the subburbs so there was no ciity lights to interfere. Around 12:00am, the moon started to set and siink below the tree line. It was a steady decrease, nothing I have ever witness before. Any one else notice a strange moon last night?

Why do you keep repeating this

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Plus more ..... Reported

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Reported it around 2 seconds as well, lol.

I counted 22 different posts where he spammed the same message. Hell, he even has a separate thread asking the exact same thing.

Oh, and in an effort to stay on topic - nice work in this thread Gortex! I could see what the opening poster was talking about when he posted the image of the coin but you pretty much explained what was really going on here so thanks.

edit on 1-1-2012 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by gortex
it is never going to be an exact copy due to the process involved .

Even in the era of nano technology and micro books and all the laser tecnologies?
What is the point then to engrave coins if its going to be poor representation of original artwork?

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by zilebeliveunknown

Even in the era of nano technology and micro books and all the laser tecnologies?
What is the point then to engrave coins if its going to be poor representation of original artwork?

It would probably cost more to mint than the coin is worth using such technologies. Don't forget coins need to be churned out quickly and efficiently just like everything else.

I think (I may be wrong) the original image is transcribed onto metal then reduced, so your bound to lose some quality along the way.
edit on 1/1/2012 by Grifter81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grifter81

Originally posted by zilebeliveunknown

It would probably cost more to mint than the coin is worth using such technologies. Don't forget coins need to be churned out quickly and efficiently just like everything else.

I think (I may be wrong) the original image is transcribed onto metal then reduced, so your bound to lose some quality along the way.
edit on 1/1/2012 by Grifter81 because: (no reason given)

Ok, so point is to mint it anyway, even if theres going to be aliens, cows, bugs, retarded like creatures... on final product?
edit on 1-1-2012 by zilebeliveunknown because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by zilebeliveunknown

post by zilebeliveunknown

I'm not so sure it is a poor representation , the original artwork is flat and a bit washy where as the coin has depth and to my eye better definition .
You will never get the same level of detail from a hand drawn picture onto a coin die as the picture is shrunk down to fit on the coin , some detail will be always be lost .

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   

reply to post by Human_Alien

post by Human_Alien
or is this indeed an freakin' Grey ET?

Not according to the artist Jason Bouwman .

The story, as told by the artist Jason Bouwman
The canoe has become as much a part of the Canadian visual lexicon as the Canada goose, the beaver and the maple leaf. This design shows a young person enjoying a recreational outing. The boy breaks from paddling to dip his hand in the water… and touches the past – the reflection reveals an early native paddler (or voyageur) in a traditional birch-bark canoe as it also appears on the early silver dollar of 1935.
www.mint.ca...

LOL! Great work! They did make the boy look like a little alien though ha.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by D1Useek
Thank you. After all the videos and pictures I've looked through on ATS this is the first real and true picture of an alien that I've seen on this site.

Are you:

A) Joking?
B) Serious?
or
C) Still drunk from last night?

I think we all see the real image in its real light and form thanks to Gortex.
But from the resolution in the OP video (and at the risk of insulting my space family) it looked very sinister, very alien and very controversial.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by imc3dxx
I was working my overnight shift during new years eve. I went outside to my vehical around 11:40pm and noticed the moon was not only low in the horizon, but had a red tint to it. I live in the subburbs so there was no ciity lights to interfere. Around 12:00am, the moon started to set and siink below the tree line. It was a steady decrease, nothing I have ever witness before. Any one else notice a strange moon last night?

Why do you keep repeating this

Plus more ..... Reported

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I was wondering what this poster said that was taken off. Hmmmm. Maybe he didn't want to start his own thread and thought this was the closest topic so he jumped on board ? Or maybe, he was just drunk.

But the shrinking, disappearing Moon has been talked about a lot on ATS. We think it's an optical illusion. (You know with all those chemtrails in our skies.....they're hardly as they were 20 years ago
)

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Some see the easter rabbit in this pack of cigarettes and some say a nude lady, but for one thing I'm sure is its not a camel !

edit on 21/12/2010 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

Wow that just blew my mind , behaps theres a hidden meaning to the alien being n the reflection . Pehaps it means something extradimentional or from underground .

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

now that makes sense , perhaps the coin in the video was defective

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Brilliant find, guess the government are drip-feeding us images of them

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join