It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The new CNN Straw-Grasping Attempt to Discredit Ron Paul 12/31/2011

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by TinfoilTP

One could argue that you are fanatical in your opposition to Dr. Paul, could they not?

If you would allow, I would like to ask you a simple question. Are you generally more in favor of bigger or smaller federal government?

I'm not passing judgement, just curious. I do not believe there is a right or wrong answer. You're beliefs are your beliefs.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Ron Paul uses fear based on radical ideas.

"They're setting the stage for violence in this country, no doubt about it" - Quote Ron Paul when asked about FEMA camp conspiracy fringe beliefs.

That kind of stuff goes over great with an ATS audience but proves his ideology is at the fringe of society.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   

do not confuse fanaticism with HOPE , Ron Paul has many fans here but most are just being enthusiastic with a very good reason to be. I sure hope you get paid for the effort you put in to try and discredit the man on ATS

edit on 2-1-2012 by oddnutz because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-1-2012 by oddnutz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Just countering fanaticism with truths, like Ron Paul's statement saying there is no need for Federal law against sexual harassment.

No there isn't. Lawsuits will settle the matters. Or state laws will be passed.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

As I stated...this was not always the case...and still isn't the case in some instances. Women still get paid lower than men for the same job. Homosexuals still don't have equal rights. And let's not forget...only "all men are created equal" should really read "all American citizens are created equal"...because we know those dirty illegals aren't equal to us superior citizens.

Except we are living right now. And Ron Paul said many times that the constitution doesn't say WE AMERICANS, it says WE THE PEOPLE... He supports rights for everyone within the US, citizen or not. (not all rights included of course for obvious reasons, but basic rights, sure)

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by TinfoilTP
reply to post by notquitesure

Just countering fanaticism with truths, like Ron Paul's statement saying there is no need for Federal law against sexual harassment.

Women will not like this message, and it seems all of Ron Paul's positions lead back to caveman mentallity.

I'm female. Pro Ron Paul and didn't find one thing horrible about that bit he said. Heck, pretty much nothing he really says bothers me. It makes sense. No need to get the Feds involved for sexual harassment. Please. Depends the severity, you get the POLICE involved in the town it happened in if your job won't help out or the manager at the business you're shopping at won't help out. You go up the chain of command. Just how I was brought up to do. Tell someone, get help. Don't take it silently. But the Feds? Maybe if a Congressman or something molested you, sure. Kinda on that level so take it to that level.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   

I would argue that the current and recent regimes in this country have used fear far more effectively.

How many different nations are we fighting in, currently?

Why, again, are we supposed to be so scared of Iran?

What about Iraq?

You might be right. Dr. Paul's ideas might be on the fringe. But I would contend that Empire Building and enforcing our will on the entire world should be on the fringe.

That's what open and honest debate is all about. Discussing differing points of view and building consensus about what is best for our future.

Dr. Paul appears to be the only candidate willing to champion this type of debate. You, on the other hand, appear to consistently and constantly attack Dr. Paul out of hand in the manner of a media spin doctor.

Just my opinion.

And I noticed you didn't answer my previous question. Your right of course. But this only reinforces my belief that you are somewhat of a shill, whether paid or not.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by TinfoilTP
Ron Paul uses fear based on radical ideas.

"They're setting the stage for violence in this country, no doubt about it" - Quote Ron Paul when asked about FEMA camp conspiracy fringe beliefs.

That kind of stuff goes over great with an ATS audience but proves his ideology is at the fringe of society.

He panders to the people who listen to Alex jones, who think the NWO are going to put them in a concentration camp. That's where his support is.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
It's kind of nice to see that no one wanted to counter my objections to many of Dr. Paul's stances I posted earlier. A lot of people are nitpicking the sexual harassment stance though. To clear up some confusions/misconceptions; sexual discrimination is against title 42 of the US code, better known as the Civil Rights Act of 1964.

Since that law came into effect the courts have found that sexual harassment is sexual discrimination.
Ron Paul opposes the Civil Rights Act, thus, he opposes laws forbidding sexual harassment and discrimination.

I believe that the 9th amendment of the US constitution is clear on this point:

The enumeration in the Constitution of certain rights shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.

Meaning that the people have the right to not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex or national origin. Harassment is discrimination, thus violating our constituionally protected civil rights.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join