It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Song not what we thought? (Not some Satanic or Illuminati crap)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   

I am amazed that nobody has pointed out something that just occurred to me.

Taylor Swift's "You belong with me" is not about some girl wanting a guy thats dating another girl in some high school relationship that will only last a year regardless, but about something more... Pink.

The song is about a gay male that is in love with a straight male. Why would I think this?

If you notice, nowhere does Swift ever say "Im the girl for you" or any other gender defining phrases. In fact, she hints that it may not be a girl.

"She wears high heels, I wear sneakers"
"She wears short skirts, I wear T-Shirts"

Also, the events discribed in the song do not sound like something a straight girl and guy would do if they were just friends. I.e: Telling life stories, going to the park together, being at house (How else would she know that he was having an argument with his girlfriend?)

Obviously Im going to say that I am NOT 100% sure, but I can take a gander.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by darkredfish

I think you misunderstand. In this song, Taylor is talking TO a guy who is dating a "prissy girl". She is in love with the guy, and has hung out with him, but wants to date him. Taylor's not a boy, she's a Tom-boy.
(I wear sneakers and t-shirts, too, and I'm not a gay male.)

I'm not sure where your confusion lies, but there is only girl-boy love in this song.

edit on 12/31/2011 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

I would agree with you

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by darkredfish

Also, the events discribed in the song do not sound like something a straight girl and guy would do if they were just friends. I.e: Telling life stories, going to the park together, being at house (How else would she know that he was having an argument with his girlfriend?)

Why not? Many straight girls and guys are just friends, that go to parks, and hang out at each others houses, and talk about life.

If you notice, nowhere does Swift ever say "Im the girl for you" or any other gender defining phrases. In fact, she hints that it may not be a girl.
"She wears high heels, I wear sneakers"
"She wears short skirts, I wear T-Shirts"

She doesn't need to define herself in words, as a girl. She's referring to herself when she says "I wear sneakers", and anyone who has ever seen Taylor Swift, has absolutely no doubt that she is very much a girl.

Even though sometimes a tomboy, still definitely a girl.

top topics

join