It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looking for people who are good at interpreting Symbols

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 05:14 AM
link   
well, well, I thought I had seen and read most everything concerning prophets and predictions. But today I saw something I had never seen before. Someone way back, I think Middle Ages, made a series of predictions and included drawn images, called "figures" with each one. They are rather "cryptic", like Nosty does, but I am really interested to see others' ideas of what these images mean. For example, Figure 7 clearly shows a Pope. But there are numerous other things in the backgrounds of these figures.

About their supposed author: "Paracelsus, a renowned scholar who is known for his chemical and alchemical writings, may have meant this not only as a set of predictions about the path of the Reformation, but as an allegory of the evolution of the soul. This would not be surprising, as other authors of the period cloaked arcane messages in almost impenetrable layers of symbolism to escape eccelsiastical scrutiny."

Here's the link -click it and then move to each one by the links on the bottom of each. www.futurerevealed.com...

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 05:45 AM
link   
mmm.
Not good at enterpreting symbols, but what the hey..

my 2cents:

first picture could be foretelling the evils of GM Food

the arm holding the sword. - nobility(elite) overseeing the evil serpent,
moving thru wheels(machines), exiting out of it, with the manipulated wheat???
Even the words below it could be stretched to the same interpretation above

The fifth one sounds like the US, and the wars it is currently trying to start with Iran?
'Thou hast not had the wisdom of thy crown, but has turned against the way of the crown, and hast done much evil. A stone shall fall upon thee that will press thee hard against thy will. For thou hast shed innocent blood and wast unwilling to know that which thou shouldst have known and what belongeth to a crown. He whom thou hast despised shall visit thee from the South and from the East, ere thou canst count two or three, and having recourse to thy allies will not avail thee for they themselves will fall'.
from the east (ME), and the south (Hezbollah,etc via Sth America)??
IF the US does start more crap wars, I hope this is the result.
edit on 31-12-2011 by CitizenNum287119327 because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-12-2011 by CitizenNum287119327 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   
isn't the snake and sword a medical or science symbol ?

and yeah i agree its GMO. and the hand could represent the long arm of the law.
he does use the hand a bit, and the matching text calls it the hand of god. and i noticed he uses the shield and crown as well, more than once.

the last one is intriguing. makes you go hmmm

love and harmony
Whateva

edit on 31/12/11 by Whateva69 because: more

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Nana2

I would agree it is an allegory for the evolution of the soul. It is the 32 total images that points me in this direction. Reminds me of Kabbalah and the Tree of LIfe. 32 key concepts, 32 pathways, etc.
edit on 31-12-2011 by saoirse33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   
This is all typical mystery school stuff. It's telling the age old story of the Rainbow Bridge,
Serpents (light), The Tree of Life,...etc.

To understand more in depth the meaning of all the symbols, start with the rose of Nostradamus,
and you will find your answers.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Some intersting images that seem to depict the division of the people leading to the downfall of leaders. Thanks for posting.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   
The fifteenth Image with all the crowns under one dome, the dome could represent a roof. So this could resemble one world government

The seventeenth one, Could represent WWIII and the books were the law. so after destruction the law of the land is no more.

The seventeenth one, Rebuild of society. Even mentions it in the text

Thus what hath been broken up is again rebuilt. Such things are done by children of men who do not consider the end. They erect, ornament and decorate, forgetting that their work is subject to destruction and again to restoration.

But people see things differently

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Nana2

Looking at the figures and reading the phrases beneath them, it appears as though the artist is mocking secret societies. The words are obviously against higher knowledge and is telling the viewer that government is a farce. Especially where it states on figure 4:

'Thou hast divided duty into left and right, as if it were oppressing thee. Both sides will cause thee anxiety and hatred shall altogether overcome thee. For a harlot divideth her wantonness and for a while she hath her way, but woe to her when her deceit is discovered. Then cometh true the saying, "no love without pain." Although thou didst mightily rejoice that thou art without a head, a head shall be placed upon thee and thou shall become a limb, though thou art not accustomed to it. But against thy will shalt thou swallow and eat what is not thy natural food.'

Here, it appears to be speaking about democrats and republicans and how it isn't good because it is false. The "no love without pain" appears to be referencing the hazing rituals that are a necessary part of being involved with those who are "enlightened", which the other figures seem to allude to the idea that this "enlightenment" takes you further from G_d. The last part is obviously speaking about all the GM food and how it is harmful. It seems to be stating that anyone in the government or those involved in secret societies are both helping to bring about this fake food and they're going to find themselves eating it in the end. The figures also seem to be trying to tell the viewer that this "magic" is a far cry from alchemy.

I could go on, but in a nutshell, the 32 figures are symbolic of the 32 degrees and seems to be attempting to awaken those who should turn their backs on such knowledge before they are given the 33rd degree, which is the ultimate rift before you can't turn back and you'll fall from the chair you've seated yourself upon.

Just my two cents.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
The text displayed with the symbols is modern; the use of the phrase "become temperate" is a modern usage of the be-verb in English, post 1890s.

Why is the text attached to the illustrations? Paracelsus would have written in Old High German, wouldn't he, rather than in faux-King James' English???

Did this just magically appear on the internet? Or is there bibliographic source material someplace?

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   

The fifteenth Image with all the crowns under one dome, the dome could represent a roof. So this could resemble one world government
reply to post by mytheroy

The dome is a representation of a mound, pyramid, or earth. Another way to
illustrate it is a triangle.

The crowns represent the 3rd and 4th dimension, or each side of the rainbow bridge.
The system of Upper and Lower crowns was often used in Egyptian esoteric systems.
The red and white serpents (or dragons) are the same thing.

edit on 31-12-2011 by isyeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by tovenar

Did this just magically appear on the internet? Or is there bibliographic source material someplace?

This is what it says in the preface on the website.

This short book, published in London in 1915 in the shadow of the Great War, was written anonymously (I have yet to figure out who 'J.K.' is). It wraps the 32 prophecies in introductions and interpretations by the mysterious J.K. as well as Eliphas Lévi, the French occultist--who apparently felt that this text should be left to the experts. The original J.K. edition is somewhat rare, and it was reprinted in 1974 by Weiser, although the latter is out of print.

Prophecies of Paracelsus

It also mentions that the prophecies are capable of being interpreted for any purpose. Which makes it more like the I-Ching, or oracle tables, than a traditional prophecy.

Anyway, the quote above explains why the print is in English.

David Grouchy

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
My crappy veiws:

1. I think the first is foretelling the lies of medicine. Snake coiled on the sword is a double take on the medical symbol of the snakes and the staff (Staff of hermes). The snake is handing the creature in the wheels some type of plant. You can not see the creatures eyes, saying that they can not see what they are really being given.

2. The decline of france? The flur de leia (Dont even think about correcting my spelling >_>) is only covering 2 branches out of 4.... Idk.

3. A new monument in france, maybe symbolic of a new empire. In the background you can see something that looks like an efill tower (Maybe a chapel, but Idk what this is if thats a chapel) and the bars in front are a lot bigger. Again... Not really sure about this one.

4. Foretelling of the seperation of nature and civilization. The bars in the middle seperate a tree (Symbol of nature) and a city. You can also see that on the city side, the birds and clouds seem to form a face, indicating that "God" or the government is on the side of civilization, and that anyone who denies modern technology is an outcast.

5. The muslims taking over france. The dome on top could be a LITERAL "Dome of the rock" and if you look closely, you can see that there is a symbol on top that vaugely resembles a star, which is half of the crecent and star. The dome is pressing down on a crown that has french accents in it and throwing it into a lake.

6. The grave of merlin? LOL sure looks like it.... Idk x-X

7. The fall of the catholic church (Maybe by the muslims previously stated?) as you can see, this man is either a bishop or a pope, and is being drowned in water by men holding spears. (Or just spears if you want to say that xD)

8. A new age after the conquering of france. I dont think I need to explain that one?

9. World war two, and all other world wars to come. The lion that you see represents england, and you can see the ships in the background sailing to war. The near parallel lines foretell that it will happen again and again, and each time for the same reasons, only slightly different.

10. The eraddication of the lower class (Or religous) This man is either a pesant, or a monk. You can see that his workbench is being flooded and he is on top of it as a last resort to life, while still working. Again, not too sure about this one.

11. Californias self dependence, and succesion from the USA. The bear is representing California, sucking on its paws for food, while not being in the kingdom (The USA)

12. The use and failing of the SPR (Stratigic Petrol Reserve) The USA is the chair, turned upside down by the use of is oil in time of crisis.

13. I got nothing xD

14. A holocaust. The letters represent Hitlers lies about the jews upon the kingdom of germany, and the bridge is the trail to a concentration camp.

15. Frances liberation from the muslims. Here the crowns are pushing the rock.

16. The holocaust again. Not only the literal burning and dystroying books, but if you look you can see a triangle (homosexuality) and a dual diamond (Pretty sure that was one too xD) There is also a sickly looking head, symbolic of the starvation of the inmates.

17. The Freemasons building their organization?

18. A famine caused by a extreme climate change.

19. People who are sexualy abnormal/immoral being outcast of civilization and/or killed. The stag is a symbol of sex, while the castle is civilization. The stag is also dead.

20. The end of religon openly practiced in civilization. This picture is INSIDE the castle, and features a man holding a cross upside down who is not in preist regalia. Or MAYBE this is about a leader rising under the false pretense of god.

21. America (The eagle with the crown) preying on lower class countries (the people in rags in the boat)

22. God (Or the elite) killing masses in civilization.

23. THE QUESTION ON JEPORDY THAT NOBODY KNOWS D:
Sorry I had too.... I think this one means a false question that distracts everybody from the REAL theivery that is going on (the man escaping unnoticed)

24. Hitler (The man on the throne) and Berlin (The rat bear on the lesser throne) Killing off people who are flaymboyant (The rooster) in their ways (religon, sexuality ect.) under the mandate of god (The cloud hand)

25. The second coming of jesus as a sailor. The ring looks like a crown of thorns, and the man in the middle is a sailor.

26. France becoming a superpower/Loved by the world?

27. The coming of the four horsemen lead by god.

28. I... dont know.

29. Around the year 2027, Jesus will come again and ressurect the church outside of civilization. The church is represented by the hat, while the lamb is jesus. The city is once again far away.

30. I dont know, but that thing in they right guys hand looks electronic. This may be genetic engeneering from what I read in the passage. "He will sit on the throne of saint peter"

31. Super ninja babies? Lol I dont know xD

THERE YOU GO. I WASTED AN HOUR. HAPPY?

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by mytheroy

Oh derp. I go with that over mine xD

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Here is the title page.

David Grouchy

Prophecies of Paracelsus

MAGIC FIGURES AND PROGNOSTICATIONS MADE BY THEOPHRASTUS PARACELSUS ABOUT FOUR HUNDRED YEARS AGO

Translated by J.K.
William Rider & Son.
London

Little known book of prophecy, scanned February, 2003. J.B. Hare, redactor. This text is in the public domain in the United States. This file may be used for any non-commercial purpose provided this notice of attribution is left intact.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Here is the Table of contents,
which convieniently contain the interpretations of the symbols,
as they were understood in 1915.

David Grouchy

THE PREDICTIONS

Given in 32 Figures and Chapters

The Serpent and Millstones

The Fleur-de-lys

The Twelve Spears

The Divided Cross

Millstone falling on a Crown

Laurel Branch on a Rock

Bishop surrounded by Spears

Sword and Crown (The Mailed Fist)

A bound Lion

Monk in Stream

Bear sucking his paws

St. Peter's Chair upside down

Swordsman striking the Land

Charter torn over City

Millstone falling on triple Crown

Torn Papers

Stone-mason

Storm blast. Three sacks emptying Hailstones, Pods and Locusts

Dead Stag

The Cross inverted

Drowning Turk

Monk and Knight struck down

Three Preachers and a Thief

A strange Prediction

A Preacher in a Coil

'F' on a Rose in a Crown

Five Swords

Five Men in consultation

A mitred Lamb

Monk, Preacher and Mystic

Four dancing Children

Old Man asleep

edit on 31-12-2011 by davidgrouchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by davidgrouchy

>_> I WISH I WOULD HAVE SEEN THE TITLES

Example: I THOUGHT THE BABIES WHERE FIGHTING! AND I NEVER THOUGHT TO COUNT THE SPEARS! GGGAAAAH!!!!!

Oh well, im not retyping all that.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Apparently, from what I'm reading about this work,
the target audience (or the person frequently addressed as "you" ) is "The Soul of The World,"
and the prophecy is supposed to run till "The End of Time."

David Grouchy

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by davidgrouchy

That would make sense because one of them said about the four horsemen.

Was this guy french, or was I interpreting the crowns design wrong?

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Nana2

***************'What a thing is internally is shown by its outward sign.

Matter takes the essence of the archetype to form from purpose. All things have a purpose and make an impression on the mind. The picture depicts a farm where seeds are planted for harvest.

**************As Nature signs her own so doth Magic.

Nature signs her on form to purpose. Magic is the illusion that form presents from the counterfeiter (Satan). We find the true from the false by seeing the fruit that is produced.

**************Thou has been signed as a devourer of all who have to do with thee.

The one who couterfeits the signs in nature is Satan. The illusion is produced by the snake coiled around the true fruit (Wheat) and around the tool of the wheel that does the work. The wheel represents transmigration from one life to the next. The ox pulls the burden in life. That's us. The wheel of the cart turns as we haul the harvest.

**************Blessed is he that is unsoiled of thee for thou leavest none in peace.

The one with the sword is holding truth. To overcome the illusion created by false understanding, a person must take the sword of truth in the hand. The only tools needed to harvest the true meaning is the sword of truth, which is the (s)Word of God.

***********Magic hath considered thee well and given thee thy due, but as thy beauty is only beheld and not the signs, therefore thou devourest all that touch thee. For beauty and not goodness is sought of thee.'

Desire is beauty. Illusion delivers what a person desires for their own gain. Desire blinds a person from the true meaning behind the signs in nature. A person who misses the true meaning is devoured. Goodness is what is to be sought to reverse the reflection in the mirror presented by illusion. The only way the illusionist can work is to mirror truth in opposite.

Example:

Aliester Crowley said, "Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law." This is mirrored from what Jesus said:

Matthew 7:12

"So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets."

This is the typical rendering of an Alchemical drawing.

edit on 31-12-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join