It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thylacine Sightings on the Australian Mainland - I Really Would Like them to Still Exist

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Whoops hit enter by accident.

This is an older video I found while searching for sitings and although there is only one clear picture of an animal in the video I thought that the possible validity of some of the witness reports might hold some weight.

Part I

Part 2

Monks and priests in a monastery reporting one that was actually coming inside the monastery, it just seems that if it became that accustomed to them they would have gotten a good look at it.

I liked the girls report of spotting a family with a pup...I'm hopeful
edit on 12/31/11 by Pixiefyre because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 04:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Pixiefyre

well then
i always do that
edit on 31/12/2011 by maryhinge because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 04:52 AM
link   
I never even heard of this creature, would be nice if the species were still alive!
still not fully convinced though.
edit on 31-12-2011 by DeusImperator because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Try again. You missed something.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Didn't that just build the anticipation though !

Sorry about that

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeusImperator
I never even heard of this creature, would be nice if the species were still alive!
still not fully convinced though.
edit on 31-12-2011 by DeusImperator because: (no reason given)

I think there is a large chance some are still alive. Australia has such a massive unpopulated land area, it wasn't really that long ago they became extinct and they are a very shy animal. They would most likely see you before you see them and vanish.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 05:18 AM
link   
The videos online of the last ones living in captivity were so sad. They were such magnificent creatures, and I have found some old reports that described them as very easily domesticated and affectionate, it is such a shame what people did to them.

I came across an article that stated the very last one died penned up, neglected, starved and freezing.

I hope if they are found to still be surviving that people will have more compassion and that they will be strictly protected. (Just in case)

The slight lack of trust in that comment is due to what has been happening in the US with the cougars and wolves. They left the central states long ago to the north and west and in recent years they have been seen and killed in Illinois, Missouri, Ohio... Such a shame.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by dadfortruth1

My brother-in-law swears he saw one while travelling home one night. He lives just outside the Torrington State Recreation Area (forest) in Northern New South Wales, Australia.

Other sighting have been numerous. Check out the book "Bunyips and Bigfoots - In Search of Australia's Mystery Animals" by Malcolm Smith. He devotes a whole chapter to these sightings.

Most sightings occur in Victoria, but the Great Dividing Range provides ideal (and almost unbroken) forested habitat from the bottom of Eastern Australia right to the top of Cape York.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Ive seen one trott across the highway several years ago in outer suburban melbourne....No, it wasnt a dog or cat or similar, as I have been following and learning and thylacines for years.

No one beleives me, so I kep it to myself.

I did speak to someone a couple years back who had a friend in the CSIRO and he states that there is a heavily guarded area in the forest of victoria somehwre where they have a small population of Thylacines and are breeding them back into existance. But any official questions about it will be met with denials.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 04:02 AM
link   

excuse my ignorance - but i was under the impression that thylocines were natural natives of tasmania only

what is the explaination for the source of a thylocine population on the australian mainland ?

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 04:30 AM
link   
I believe that to breed continually a species such as the Thylacine would need 12 pairs of adults.
There has been odd 'sightings' but these can all be explained. No evidence has ever been found of the existence of a pack of these creatures.
They were originally scattered all over Australia as well as New Guinea but, like most things, us humans have to eradicate them - and we did.

top topics

join