It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I want a 18+ only ATS

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 04:04 AM
link   
13 months ago my father was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer, he was giving 8 months to live.
I'm glad to say he is still alive, and better than he was this time last year. Still not in the clear but a lot better than expected.

Over the first few months of him being diagnosed, i spent a lot of time researching alternative cures on the internet, let's just say "I found some interesting" methods. And maybe they have had some real success, it's hard to be sure as he also recieved traditinal treatment.

My point is I would love to share what i found, and have feed back from some the great minds on ATS, unfortunatly the t&c's of ATS dont let us disscus such things as ilicit drugs.

There are so many amazing topics to be disscused and shared in the field of medical marajuana, illucenigenic substances, and people like Terrance McKenna and the practices of the Shamans.

I would appreciate any opinions.
edit on Tue Sep 11 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: Just to clarify...

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by dadfortruth1

I can understand your need to share this information.

However the rules are the rules, and as such, should be adhered too.

vvv

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

I agree, and i stick by the rules.

It just feels a bit backwards, we can post graphic and violent videos, yet we cant talk about benifits, side effects and theories on certain substances.

If ATS could some how implement an over 18's forum it would open the door for a whole new topic, and we could include anything graphic or sensative to the said forum as well.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Right on, I agree. There is so much to be said on the topic of drugs.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 04:22 AM
link   

I don't think it breaks the T&C, as it pertains to illicit drug use in a different sense than what I believe the T&C is there to discourage. This is also subject matter particularly suited for ATS, and it would be best to contact the admins to see if it can be approved for publishing.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 04:26 AM
link   

it's great to hear that your dad is doing well!

also, i couldn't agree with you more about the information prohibition on some "illicit" drugs on ats. it's ridiculous and, honestly, the reasoning behind this info ban leaves me wondering, especially when you consider how other touchy subjects are treated here.

this thread was very enlightening to me with regards to how ats ownership feel about discussion of illicit drugs on this site.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Cannabis oil and Cancer.

Research it people.

You will be astonished.

That's all i'm going to say.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Glad your father is hangin in there.

And i agree with you 100%, maybe we would have a 18+ forum?

I think it's silly that we can't talk about certain drugs, and like you said, a bit backwards.

It's pretty aggravating too.

A bit more "eastern thinking" could do this website good.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Maybe they need a anti- thread where people could hang out dirty laundry like religion/n's anti-govt. anti-woman /man what ever have you ...there should be a way to accomadate a place to talk about these things ..Just thismorning there were 3 therads closed for staff review that could have been placed there if a place were aviable ....peace
edit on 31-12-2011 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by SilentE
Cannabis oil and Cancer.

Research it people.

You will be astonished.

That's all i'm going to say.

Reply deemed "T&C violation" in 5..4..3..2....

JK

i really hope not..

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   
I don't understand why we can't talk about the medical benifits of certain drugs, aslong as it's a mature discussion.

All the corruption and lies about this one drug, we'll call it, 'Mary' and I thought ATS would be the place for it.

After all, isn't it one of the biggest conspiracies of them all?

S&F OP
edit on 31-12-2011 by SilentE because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 04:50 AM
link   

I don't have cancer, but I'm a chronic pain patient with multiple permanent injuries. Marijuana is my only pain medicine and I've only had to go to the doctor for shots twice and only then because muscles were terribly cramped.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by dannotz

I hope I don't get banned for the sake of one word.

But this really does need to be out there.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 04:53 AM
link   
oh gad - please be careful here. I just received my first warnings over posting something on this subject that I had also posted on in July, with no repercussions.. altho this last time-- POOF
t & c violations.

I do agree that is part of the conspiracy against the use of natural substances to cure illness.
We were handed it all at the beginning -

Glad your Dad is better!

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by SilentE
reply to post by dannotz

I hope I don't get banned for the sake of one word.

But this really does need to be out there.

You won't be banned, but this thread is likely gonna disappear - just like latest thread I posted on, as well as the 1 I went back to check on since, from July, gone-zo too.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by SilentE

me too! if they ban you, i'll walk!

And thanks for every ones support

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Hey if they wanted to they could make it a backward or upside down forum ,..kinda a coded version ...there just has to be a way of adressing the t&c issue in a creative way ....peace

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 05:09 AM
link   
Its got nothing to do with the age of the users....so an 18+ ATS would make no difference.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 05:13 AM
link   
reply to post by SilentE

Get ready for that post to dissapear.
Just like my one did on that exact topic
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I feel the censorship is slightly harsh on this topic, we're not talking about smoking drugs and getting high but actually the benefits of the medicine, I feel that removing such threads that are actually true only creates ignorance rather than denying it!

But hey, it's the Goverments that made it illegal not the ATS staff.

edit on 31-12-2011 by Realm52 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 05:23 AM
link   
OP I 110% agree with you and I'm glad to hear about your father's progress. It's really not an age thing, the staff is worried about all of us sounding like a bunch of paranoid stoner nut cases.

It's a concern over the image of the website and to avoid any and all references to drugs that might discredit the members' legitimacy. Even though I've seen much more insane things posted here than I ever did on Highdeas.com

PS - Terrence Mckenna had some pretty amazing ideas and stories to tell though, the "Stoned Ape Theory of Human Evolution" is my favorite.

edit on 31-12-2011 by Hawking because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join