It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US threatens war in the Persian Gulf

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 03:07 AM
link   
The Obama administration’s bellicose stance towards Iran is setting the stage for a dangerous slide towards war in the Persian Gulf. Having provoked Tehran with legislation for what amounts to an oil embargo

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Doesn't implying oil embargo on certain country remind anyone of history of a war..hmmm. Way to provoke a country and back it into a corner and leaving it only an option it has left. America wants a war with Iran to set in motion another world war. Funny to say, will World War three start like World War two did
Same old tricks America.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Doesn't implying oil embargo on certain country remind anyone of history of a war..hmmm. Way to provoke a country and back it into a corner and leaving it only an option it has left. America wants a war with Iran to set in motion another world war. Funny to say, will World War three start like World War two did
Same old tricks America.

www.wsws.org...

-Sorry had to edit to add link to the story
edit on 31-12-2011 by Rentor because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   
An embargo is basically a blockade and is an act of war.

This is what forced Japan to attack Pearl Harbor. But of course, the history books have written that it was all Japan's fault...

Remember PNAC, ``we need a new Pearl Harbor``? Well after 9/11, they gonna go for a literal Pearl Harbor to start a war.
edit on 31-12-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

as of yesteday..which be todays news..U.S.A threating oil embargo on Iran. good job america. Your setting it up.. We know what Iran response be from here. SURPRISE ATTACK?
or closing the strait I mean?

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   

, the US is now deliberately and recklessly raising tensions in the Persian Gulf by threatening severe penalties against any foreign company doing business with Iran’s central bank, thereby effectively blocking Iranian oil exports.

Blocking a country oil exports when the country as a fragile economy from sanctions..this is it guys. The final step to setting the war up. Iran as no choice like Japan did..Do war or be erased regardless..America is evil or should I say the ones behind the scenes!

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   
www.govtrack.us...

The latest on HR 1905 ... it passed the House already. I can't find anything about when it goes to be voted on in the Senate tho ...

ETA: I guess I should be looking out for its companion bill. Anyone know the name of it?
edit on 31-12-2011 by followtheevidence because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 03:36 AM
link   
reply to post by followtheevidence

No I haven't found anything either..be about a day or more. Actually how congress works..maybe a week

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by followtheevidence
www.govtrack.us...

The latest on HR 1905 ... it passed the House already. I can't find anything about when it goes to be voted on in the Senate tho ...

ETA: I guess I should be looking out for its companion bill. Anyone know the name of it?

I hope the Iranian's flatten and wipe the floor with the dark forces of America, and the Ameriocan peoples start fighting for their 1st Amendment and arrest the whole Government/congress etc including impeach/arrest and jail that charlatan in the white house who has stained america with his willingness to go along with his handlers plans to desecrate and ruin that great nation and it's beautiful people,

It's time for American's to take a stand now and look to see what is really going on, because I feel if the US stats WWIII then no American will be safe to walk the planet! That's a scarey thought but the whole world of normal free loving sovereigns are sick to death of America and it's only ability to survive is by invading and killing.

"WAKE UP" FFS Take back you right's, give you and all of us a brighter future,

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Rentor

Iran has the option to let international agents to monitor their nuclear works. They wouldn't refuse this unless they were hiding something. I get a little angry that China has gone unpunished for so long even after they dump us into an economic crisis. Sorry, but American freedom and prosperity is only with us as long as it's guarded carefully.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Rentor

They need this war to secure the the oval office and to beat Ron Paul. If we do go to war before the election Ron Paul is toast.

This is the only thing that could save the current president from loosing office.

It is sad but true.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 03:45 AM
link   
The real tragedy here is that either side could stop what is apparently about to happen. Obama could ratchet things down and de-escalate for the time being, at least. This can be picked up again, soon enough, but after the immediate emotions have settled and everyone isn't on the edge of war. Likewise, Iran could also back down on this. They seem to know how to use the UN well enough. Good. So after the U.S. pushes further, and given how close it's come this time as an added factor which hasn't existed before, Iran might find a different climate there.

It would appear no one involved really wants to avoid this though. The Israelis are pushing from their corner...and everyone is pushing against them. No back up anywhere there. We're pushing Iran while just playing stupid games at this point in Afghanistan with super secret backroom dealing with Taliban commanders for peace..
and generally provoking Pakistan wherever the opportunity would seem to present itself.

The whole region is on the powder keg and when no one is looking, Mr Murphy is sneaking up with a grin like the Chesire cat. Don't mind the fuse he's about to light just to shock everyone and get a good laugh. This war will be one people regret for generations....yet we CAN still stop the thing....if only any of the major players wanted to.

edit on 31-12-2011 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Howard Berman (D-Calif.) said sanctions against Iran's central bank would deal an "unprecedented blow" to Iran's economy.

- and -

"This may cause short term difficulties for the world's oil market, and it may rankle some of our allies, but it is necessary, because stopping Iran's nuclear program is of paramount strategic importance, and we're running out of time," he said.

So knowing the awful repercussions this could have such as - punishing ordinary Iranians, fracturing fragile international relations, and raising gas prices ... not to mention increasing the risk of a devastating new war in the region ... somehow, none of this matters. None of the key players are even going to TRY to diffuse the situation? Is there really NO ONE???

This whole thing is psychotic.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 04:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Likewise, Iran could also back down on this.

Well Iran has been bombed by the west for the last 4 years, so considering what they have done in the last 4 years, they are the ones who have been backing down all this time.

It would appear no one involved really wants to avoid this though.

Iran wants to avoid it... because they know they will obliterated. All their ``tough`` talk is for domestic propaganda to keep the regime afloat.

What is clear is that the bankers want war to divert attention from the economy... and when the economy implodes when Iran is attacked because of oil prices, they'll blame it all on Iran...
edit on 31-12-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 04:13 AM
link   

I'll say that Obama is the one who needs to step up, if given a choice between the two. The U.S. is in the position of power, whether anyone wants to publicly admit it or not, and so is responsible for escalating or descalating.

Of course, Obama doesn't seem particularly interested in stopping his, despite what people thought up to now. He's sounding like Bush lite.

Given that fact, it's really up to Iran as the only one left of the 2 party problem here, who CAN turn this off. Am I the only one starting to get an almost Deja Vu feeling in watching this accelerate and develop here? I really think Iran may just push this right along with Obama into war to save face with the region and their own people.

BOTH sides are miscalculating the heck out of each other and arrogant to beat all. IF this war happens...it won't be thousands dead. It could be millions. At the end... No one will CARE who started it. They'll only care that no one STOPPED it in the final period when it still could have been.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

I'll say that Obama is the one who needs to step up, if given a choice between the two. The U.S. is in the position of power, whether anyone wants to publicly admit it or not, and so is responsible for escalating or descalating.

Of course, Obama doesn't seem particularly interested in stopping his, despite what people thought up to now. He's sounding like Bush lite.

Given that fact, it's really up to Iran as the only one left of the 2 party problem here, who CAN turn this off. Am I the only one starting to get an almost Deja Vu feeling in watching this accelerate and develop here? I really think Iran may just push this right along with Obama into war to save face with the region and their own people.

BOTH sides are miscalculating the heck out of each other and arrogant to beat all. IF this war happens...it won't be thousands dead. It could be millions. At the end... No one will CARE who started it. They'll only care that no one STOPPED it in the final period when it still could have been.

Its not miscalculation..washington is giving iran no options besides war.. Look at iraq years prior..sancations..threating embargo..embargo is war.another thread with news saying U.S sent in aircaft carrier in iranian war games
No..obama pushing all their buttons..i fear embargo for oil is nail in coffin..now obama is sitting back laughing.'I'll get next election for sure" if Iran backs down now.. they won't have a country..just think if western powers got embargo for oil. Lat but least.. THIS OIL EMBARGO doesn't just affect iran..but CHINA AND RUSSIA. China imports 1/3 of oil from iran. think about it... and US is already sending forces in pacific. Washington knows what it is doing..like hitler did..playing lies and cards..and invading and bombing.
its here guys..

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   

I have to agree with Rentor here, this is not miscalculation. They want war. War is good for them, it makes the sheeple rally to them... remember post-9/11 how Americans licked Bush's boots? Or when Bush was reelected because of the Iraq war?

Obama and his crew think that the sheeple will vote for Obama if he starts a war with Iran before the election because that's what sheeple do, they support a ``war president``. A bunch of republicans would vote for Obama just because ``he killed those damn muslims``.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
ok guys i need some advice please,

i posted a comment on the 'other site' about this topic,i was then banned which is common i hear,but also my phone also cant access it either? which uses its own ip not conected to my broadband,is the site up? if it is then this has got me worried indeed,i know this is off topic here but could not start a topic either.

maybe its nothing,if someone could confirm its up,if its ok then i need to find out whats going on,i touched a nerve maybe.. i hope so.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
If/when the US goes to war with Iran, would the US round up Iranian/US citizens under the new bill on unlimited detainment or declairing the US a battleground. Similar to WWII and the Japanese camps in Utah?

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo

I have to agree with Rentor here, this is not miscalculation. They want war.

Given todays latest about on going and sustained talks since 21, Dec for restarting nuclear talks, I guess it''s hard to know what is reality and what is Obama's version of propaganda put into the media to mascarade as reality.

Assuming for a moment that Iran wasn't let in on the big joke here though
, the miscalculation I see here isn't about going to war. Obama wants war along with Iran, Israel, Saudi Arabia, Iraq, Turkey, Syria and even little old Cyrpus. Afghanistan is what they always have been...fighting and why not add some more players for variety?

So.. No... I don't see anything misunderstood about the fact they all WANT war yet no one wants to start it. What I see wrong here is Obama and the West, drunk off the success of Lybia and Bin Laden, thinking they can do Iran right where Iraq failed. They can kick the tails off Iranian leadership, and go make the Middle East a nice, happy place again (as it if EVER was).

What I am afraid will happen here...Obama will committ, or over extend..and just as he's at that longest extension, we'll find that we aren't fighting one nation all of the sudden and we aren't just fighting there. We'll find we're in full war with at least 5 nations at once...and the fighting is against us everywhere but Antarctica..and who knows, we sent Marines into Australia for SOME stupid reason here very recently.

This is like World War I and the 'Guns of August' with modern weapons and the hindsight which should leave us knowing better. We just NEVER learn histories lessons..do we?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join