It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tweeter Posts Official “Government Take Down Order Letter” For His Website Sent From His ISP

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   
so I was looking at this post on another forum and wanted to get your take on it ATS....

Tweeter Posts Official “Government Take Down Order Letter” For His Website Sent From His ISP

I think it's scary that because of content a person can be forced to either shutdown or adapt to what is accepted locally in any certain country on a platform designed and used globally.....Even with legislation that supported free exchange of information....what would be the point if ISP could just be pressured into these type of tactics

alternativenewsreport.net...

alternativenewsreport.net...

www.youtube.com...

Copyright 2011-3011 Alternative News Report, All Rights Reserved. Re-posts OK w/ content, blog name, URL & copyright intact.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   
This is all very confusing.

Why would his ISP have anything to say about a website that he has on his host?
It looks like he just wants people to watch his Ron Paul video.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 03:22 AM
link   
no ron paul vid is just there and the T&C for the site to include all content....its there....so I rather be careful than careless with someone else´s information.....look at the things done to ATS that pissed its members and mods off when people take credit for something they didnt put together and/or write......I just did word for word what they said I should If I repost that here on ATS......

just respecting their T&C

P.s. the letter is there too
edit on 31-12-2011 by newyorkee because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   
So we get to look at a RP video that is unrelated to the subject and we are not allowed to discuss any ideas outside of their own?

You see the irony here?

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 03:34 AM
link   
no...I brought it here since they had no real luck finding the actual content....I figured I´d put it here and see if we were any better an info/news site......that and answer my original question.......

What do we do if this sort of tactic becomes the norm say we actually secure some legislation in our favor as far as freedom of information in the face of censorship

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 03:57 AM
link   
So I think I found the actual content.....not sure if this is it but,.....I can see why it might have been removed....their stable host T&C probably already state they dont like this sort of content.....wonder if thats illegal somehow.....if they can off the bat tell you what you may or may not have since you pay for them to simply HOST your site.....they have no legal responsibility over what you do or dont have on it.....

never mind...removing link now not it

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by newyorkee

yst my 0.02 groats - but that does not look like any official letter

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Its a terrible photo shop job you can actually save the image off the website of just the logo clearly showing that the logo was not part of the document. Stable host should be issuing their own take down notice to that blog anytime now.

VIDEO REMOVED ---------------- U2U if needed

Video showing what I did to rip logo layer,

I don't know if its a poor attempt at a scare tactic to push anti sopa, or a way to bury future stories when people get real letters like this one. The crywolf method of burying the truth.
edit on 31-12-2011 by DrunkNinja because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 04:45 AM
link   
yeah I thought the same but apparently this Brian guy is actually on a couple of places as stablehosts PR guy and/or customer relations guy...not sure how big this company is....but he might be....the guy,.....only thing that makes me think this is a real letter....short of taking a look at customer emails or notices issued by them on their database....its impossible to know....I at least lack the skills, will, and moral self justification to do something like that just to find out if this is on the way as far as trends/ tactics in circumventing the whole issue of Government controlled censorship

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Beyond the layer addition of the logo clearly shown in the above video, and the odd, out of grid format used for from, subject, and time, there is also the fact that it is a notice, yet somehow an RE on open ticket. Sure this may have happened twice, but last I checked my notices don't come as ticket responses. This is a fraud.

Someone is obviously angry at stable host, and is about to go to court for libel because of it.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 04:58 AM
link   
yeah I think so......fraud.....

concept is scary though....who would we "blame" then.....

new topics

top topics

join