It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Advertising on ATS? Is it customized?????!!!!! for member/country?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Rant time...

usually I have my settings so that I do not log out but now when I click x I have to log in each time I load the page...and each time there is advertising... what is starting to pee me off is some of the Ads...

ok I am in Australia...fair enough the ads may ( and usually focus) on aussie oi oi oi carp...but and a big BUT

wft is there "'lose your bellie' AND wrinkle cream??? 57 year old Mother buys some wrinkle carp and looks 35???"

well if it is customised per country/member age, I take offence.

I maybe 43 but I don't need this kind of ad BS.

how insulting.

Put the banking ads or finance ads back on... at least that is not insulting!

Just because I am 43 does not mean I am interested in some new wrinkle cream! and just because I am mature aged doesn't mean I have a middle aged donut I try to lose.

farout

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Yeah mate, Aussie here too. Get the same ad, always at the top of the page

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 03:07 AM
link   
funny thing is this isnt their target audience, how many old ladies are members of ATS lol

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

so your getting the wrinkle cream ad as well?

urgh! maybe it is some stupid social trend where people even younger than 30 are obsessed with aging?

or maybe it is just Aussies cos they spend more time out in the harsh Sun? Well advertise for some Factor 15+
Sun Cream...

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by jazzguy

ah dear so 43 is now an old lady?

media and society are aging people....

I am not old. I am older. thx

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Thurisaz

Yeah, most the time it is the belly one, but i usually see them both. annoying

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   
This is funny, because I'm a 30s-something married woman and I keep getting ads to meet young girls....

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Before you get your wrinkles in a knot. Go here...

< br />
You should also go here, where you will find an opt out feature.

Below you can read the text to the first link I posted.

Being that I work in the advertising industry, I thought it was funny that one of my clients was on the advertising banner.

I assume they were hoping someone else to see it...

You have requested information by clicking on the Advertising Option (AdChoices) Icon. The purpose of the Advertising Option Icon is to notify you that The Above Network, LLC works with third parties that may use information about your visits to this site in order to provide advertisements of interest to you.

Usually referred to as "online behavioral advertising," standard information gathered through your browser is used to show advertising that is more likely to interest you. If you would like to learn more about these practices and make choices about the third parties' use of information collected, including opting out of such collection and use, please go to www.aboutads.info/choices. A full description of our data collection and use can be found in our privacy policy.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

fark... I had 88 registered trackers !! wow. I opted out of them but 6 still remain.

thx so much for posting that info... it is still a viral carpy thing because when you opt out it still collects the data and they make money from it but thx so much ...

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   
One day I had the pleasure
of being greeted to the ATS page with an ad at the top from our provincial political party, a bunch of corporate-loving, greedy, lying group of shanksters.

The exact opposite of what I had hoped to see on this site.

top topics

join