It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Get rid of the vampires, Hollywood!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   
I said get rid of the zoms - I meant vampires!

What an idiot!

Yes! get rid of these vampire movies - they are sick.

And zombies are also disgusting.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Did you wake up on the wrong side of the bed today? Don't like much of anything today, hey?

Haters be hating.

Pred...

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Get over it dude. If you don't wanna watch movies with a horror theme, then don't. But I can't understand why you think these ideas deserve their own posts. There is literally NO substance to this post.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   
now I agree, vampire movies suck, but i know the one i hate the most, Twiblight.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by MConnalley

Yes,

What Hollywood is doing is turning teens onto vampires and all horrors.

They only want money.

They don't care that your teen is having hideous images in their brain. And is into death and vampires and zombies.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by predator0187

Why bother to answer?

Yes, Zombies and all evil things impact on our teens.

That is why I posted.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   
i don't care for Twilight , BUT Sean of the Dead was epic, you take that zombie comment back

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknowsplusone

Because some people have a tendency to ruin it for the rest of people. They whine and moan because they have nothing better to do in their lives than bitch about things that do not really matter.

There have been plays (old forms of movies) throughout all of our civilization, that have contained violence and fictitious beings. These have been commonplace and will continue to be, the most important thing is that you realize that these fictitious beings are just that, fictitious.

Movies that glorify war are much more detrimental to our growing children as they actually believe war to be beneficial to the soldiers or to the people whose country where the war is taking place, when suicide rates among vets have never been higher nor have the PTSD numbers. If the true atrocity of war was known there would no people willing to fight in one (minus the crazy religious people who think they are doing it for a god, who is a fictitious itself).

Of all the fictitious stuff that is polluting our world and our children 'god' should be at the top for being detrimental.

Pred...

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 03:20 AM
link   
Spam creating threads will not get your point across. You have already brought this up once and just did a zombie one.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I already replied in your identical vampire thread and the zombie one, no need to repeat myself further.
edit on 31-12-2011 by calstorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 03:20 AM
link   
oh bloody hell ... I just responded twice and flagged the wrong thread !

urgh... brb I am going to unflag and going to edit and put it here

Originally posted by Thurisaz
at a psychological level Hellywood output interferes with development.

compound that with religious weirdo communions - sets the psyche to a point of acceptance.

offer yourself to a vampire, love vampires, have sex with vampires etc sic

It is a conspiracy... it is called subtle training... introduce a concept at an age so that they can be futher controlled.

for egads sake! 10 years ago the education curriculum stated for a FACT god existed etc NOW the curriculum states god does not exist..

we are all susceptible to programming and children/teenages are vulnerable!!

edit on 31/12/2011 by Thurisaz because:

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 03:23 AM
link   
You are, of course, welcome to your opinion about zombie and vampire movies, but I don't understand why this is posted in the Medical Issues & Conspiracies forum?

Also, if you have issues with your own teens watching these types of movies; parent up and make them stop, that is one of the many duties of being a parent.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   

oh dear I hope I am not wasting my time but I will post up some articles here and you can look at it for yourself and if need be, if the op wants this thread to be deleted then just move the info to the other one.

Sexualisation of children in the contemporary media, June 2008

Hanging out and Growing up with social media

Television(TV) and Children(Development and Behaviour)

What about TV and aggressive or violent behavior?
Literally thousands of studies since the 1950s have asked whether there is a link between exposure to media violence and violent behavior. All but 18 have answered, "Yes." The evidence from the research is overwhelming. According to the AAP, "Extensive research evidence indicates that media violence can contribute to aggressive behavior, desensitization to violence, nightmares, and fear of being harmed." [14] Watching violent shows is also linked with having less empathy toward others [14a].

[14a] Bushman BJ, Anderson, CA. Comfortably numb: desensitizing effects of violent media on helping others. Psychological Science. 2009 21(3):273-277.

List of articles is comprehensive...

Literature Cited for the quoted excerpt:

[1] McDonough P. TV viewing among kids at an eight-year high. Nielsenwire. October 26, 2009. Available at: blog.nielsen.com... Accessed 11 November 2009.

[1a] Rideout VJ, Foehr UG, Roberts DF. Generation M2: media in the lives of 8-18 year-olds. Kaiser Family Foundation. January 2010. Available at: www.kff.org... Accessed 30 June 2010.

[2] Roberts DF, Foehr UG, Rideout V. Generation M: media in the lives of 8-18 year-olds. Kaiser Family Foundation. March 2005.

[2a] Rideout, Foehr, Roberts, 2010.

[3] Rideout VJ, Foehr UG, Roberts DF. Generation M2: media in the lives of 8-18 year-olds. Kaiser Family Foundation. January 2010. Available at: www.kff.org... Accessed 30 June 2010.

[4] Roberts, Foehr, Rideout, 2005.

[5] Roberts, Foehr, Rideout, 2005.

[6] Bickham DS, Rich M. Is television viewing associated with social isolation? Roles of exposure time, viewing context, and violent content. Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med. 2006 Apr;160(4):387-92.

[7] Vandewater EA, Bickham DS, Lee JH. Time well spent? Relating television use to children's free-time activities. Pediatrics. 2006 Feb;117(2):e181-91. Available at: pediatrics.aappublications.org... . Accessed 11 November 2009.

[8] Vandewater, Bickham, Lee, 2006.

[8a] Rideout, Foehr, Roberts, 2010.

[9] American Academy of Pediatrics. Television—what children see and learn. Available at: www.aap.org... Accessed 11 November 2009.

[10] Strasburger VC. Alcohol advertising and adolescents. Pediatr Clin North Am. 2002 Apr;49(2):353-76, vii.

[11] Zimmerman FJ, Christakis DA. Children's television viewing and cognitive outcomes: a longitudinal analysis of national data. Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med. 2005 Jul;159(7):619-25.

[12] American Academy of Pediatrics, Committee on Public Education. Media education. Pediatrics. 1999 Aug;104(2 Pt 1):341-3. Available at: aappolicy.aappublications.org...;104/2/341.

[13] Vandewater, EA., et al. When the Television Is Always On: Heavy Television Exposure and Young Children's Development. American Behavioral Scientist. 2005 Jan 01;48(5):562-577.

[14] American Academy of Pediatrics, Committee on Public Education. Media violence. Pediatrics. 2001 Nov;108(5):1222-6. Available at: aappolicy.aappublications.org...;108/5/1222.

[14a] Bushman BJ, Anderson, CA. Comfortably numb: desensitizing effects of violent media on helping others. Psychological Science. 2009 21(3):273-277.

I can get you some more but this is just a quick add. There is some articles that would be good cited herein but I haven't got them yet but may do depending on accessibility.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by gamesmaster63
You are, of course, welcome to your opinion about zombie and vampire movies, but I don't understand why this is posted in the Medical Issues & Conspiracies forum?

Also, if you have issues with your own teens watching these types of movies; parent up and make them stop, that is one of the many duties of being a parent.

Exactly, besides, pretty much any zombie movie owns any recent vampire movie. This drivel is just frustrated writers fulfilling unrealistic sexual fantasies on teens, which is no different from the photoshopped crap you see on magazine covers about how to be perfect little teens.

Don't like it, don't watch it...
Have kids and don't like it? Don't let them watch it.
Parenting 101...

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Criminology FSU - Learning
Certainly, it can not be proven that a media depiction might stimulate an otherwise ordinary person to commit a crime. Although research has established the media's influence on some deviant behaviors, it has not established a direct causal connection between media stimuli and specific deviant behaviors apart from other variables appearing in combination. Simply because a media depiction is followed by the reoccurrence of a similar event does not indicate a connection. In some cases, alleged copycats have stated they knew nothing of the previous publicized incident. Research is needed in the areas of long-term media effects, media models, and at-risk populations. For example, what is the long-term impact of viewing of thousands of violence acts in cartoons and television shows watched by children as they grow up?

The influence of technology, media and popular culture and criminal behaviour page 31 is relevant.

Like her character,her violence both horrified and empowered audiences, and became the inspiration for
a string of unprecedented violent female copycats (Box 10.2).

Violence on TV Research This one is not conservative or left wing... I usually stick to UNI Research but this one provides extensive citation:

[1] U.S. Senate Committee on Commerce, Science and Transportation, Marketing Violence to Children, 106th Cong., 2nd sess., 13 September, 2000.

[2] Mifflin, Lawrie. "Many Researchers Say Link is Already Clear on Media and Youth Violence." The New York Times 9 May 1999.

[3]Subcomm. on Communications of the Senate Comm. on Commerce, Surgeon General's Report by the Scientific Advisory Committee on Television and Social Behavior, 92nd Cong., 2nd sess., 21 March, 1972.

[4] www.aap.org...

[5] www.psych.org...

[6] Mifflin.

[7] Subcommittee on Science, Technology and Space of the Senate Comm. On Commerce, Neurobiological Research and the Impact of Media on Children, 108th Cong., 1st sess., 10 March, 2003.

[8] Huston, A.C. et al. Big World, Small Screen: The Role of Television in American Society. Lincoln, NE: University of Nebraska Press, 1992.

[9] Jeffrey Johnson et al. "Television Viewing and Aggressive Behavior During Adolescence and Adulthood," Science 295

(March 29, 2002): 2468–2471.

[10] Committee on Public Education. "Media Violence." Pediatrics. 108. 5 (2001): 1222-26.

[11] Mifflin.

[12] www.aap.org...

[13] Goodale, Gloria. "Battles Over Media Violence Move To a New Frontier: The Internet," The Christian Science Monitor 18 November 1996: 10.

[14] Madigan, Tim. "TV Shows and Video Games Teach Children to Kill, Psychologist Says," Fort Worth Star-Telegram 10 May 1999.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 04:46 AM
link   
here are some cases that have been in the media:

www.thelawforum.co.uk...

news.sky.com...

www.scotsman.com...

phoenixcriminallawnews.com...

there is a lot more but I am starting to feel like this is just a waste of my time. At least I have provided some info.

cheers

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I have a way to fix it! Dont watch it!!!!!!!!!!! WOW that easy!!

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknowsplusone
reply to post by MConnalley

Yes,

What Hollywood is doing is turning teens onto vampires and all horrors.

They only want money.

They don't care that your teen is having hideous images in their brain. And is into death and vampires and zombies.

Grew up on Dark Shadows and I am perfectly okay.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   

10 years ago the education curriculum stated for a FACT god existed etc NOW the curriculum states god does not exist..

Good, I'm glad they don't state God's existence as fact because it isn't.

Bringing kids up to believe God is real despite a lack of proof is more harmful than them sneaking off to watch a low budget horror movie.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I just hate it when they trivialize the main weakness of vampires, like sparkling in sunlight, or giving them a magic ring to protect against it.

If I was a vampire, and could walk in the sun without roasting, I'd be carving out an empire somewhere!

top topics

join