It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Get rid of the Zombies, Hollywood!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknowsplusone
Hollywood, that corrupt place, is further corrupting our teens.

This obsession with zombies is sick and black. There is no light there.

Get rid of the zombie mania because it is putting your kids in a dark place - and make no mistake about that.

What do you have nothing better to do in life then to start threads about what you hate. It kinda ironic dont ya think.

Do have kids? I bet they will get more insecurities from you then any movie in the land.

edit on 31-12-2011 by Subjective Truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thurisaz
reply to post by GR1ill3d

Media influence upon an individual psyche is old hat in basic psychology studies.

As far as I know of, I can't think of a single documented case where a normal, healthy child exposed to certain types of imagery became dangerous or sociopathic simply because of a movie, or television show. Usually in cases where media influence has come into question regarding horrific actions it was in regard to individuals who were already mentally imbalanced to begin with, and the "dark" imagery became a catalyst or inspiration for their misdeeds.

Can you provide any other cases I may not be aware of? I'm quite interested...
edit on 12/31/11 by GENERAL EYES because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by GENERAL EYES

sure I can but I just moved over to the other thread.

so which thread is the one that the OP wants to be discussed?

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Get rid of the zombie mania because it is putting your kids in a dark place - and make no mistake about that.

Hmmm, zombies or sparkly vampires??? Teens thinking blood drinking vampires are hot property?

Gimme Zombies any day

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 03:57 AM
link   
oh dear I hope I am not wasting my time but I will post up some articles here and you can look at it for yourself and if need be, if the op wants this thread to be deleted then just move the info to the other one.

Sexualisation of children in the contemporary media, June 2008

Hanging out and Growing up with social media

Television(TV) and Children(Development and Behaviour)

What about TV and aggressive or violent behavior?
Literally thousands of studies since the 1950s have asked whether there is a link between exposure to media violence and violent behavior. All but 18 have answered, "Yes." The evidence from the research is overwhelming. According to the AAP, "Extensive research evidence indicates that media violence can contribute to aggressive behavior, desensitization to violence, nightmares, and fear of being harmed." [14] Watching violent shows is also linked with having less empathy toward others [14a].

[14a] Bushman BJ, Anderson, CA. Comfortably numb: desensitizing effects of violent media on helping others. Psychological Science. 2009 21(3):273-277. ]/ex]

List of articles is comprehensive...

Literature Cited:

[1] McDonough P. TV viewing among kids at an eight-year high. Nielsenwire. October 26, 2009. Available at: blog.nielsen.com... Accessed 11 November 2009.

[1a] Rideout VJ, Foehr UG, Roberts DF. Generation M2: media in the lives of 8-18 year-olds. Kaiser Family Foundation. January 2010. Available at: www.kff.org... Accessed 30 June 2010.

[2] Roberts DF, Foehr UG, Rideout V. Generation M: media in the lives of 8-18 year-olds. Kaiser Family Foundation. March 2005.

[2a] Rideout, Foehr, Roberts, 2010.

[3] Rideout VJ, Foehr UG, Roberts DF. Generation M2: media in the lives of 8-18 year-olds. Kaiser Family Foundation. January 2010. Available at: www.kff.org... Accessed 30 June 2010.

[4] Roberts, Foehr, Rideout, 2005.

[5] Roberts, Foehr, Rideout, 2005.

[6] Bickham DS, Rich M. Is television viewing associated with social isolation? Roles of exposure time, viewing context, and violent content. Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med. 2006 Apr;160(4):387-92.

[7] Vandewater EA, Bickham DS, Lee JH. Time well spent? Relating television use to children's free-time activities. Pediatrics. 2006 Feb;117(2):e181-91. Available at: pediatrics.aappublications.org... . Accessed 11 November 2009.

[8] Vandewater, Bickham, Lee, 2006.

[8a] Rideout, Foehr, Roberts, 2010.

[9] American Academy of Pediatrics. Television—what children see and learn. Available at: www.aap.org... Accessed 11 November 2009.

[10] Strasburger VC. Alcohol advertising and adolescents. Pediatr Clin North Am. 2002 Apr;49(2):353-76, vii.

[11] Zimmerman FJ, Christakis DA. Children's television viewing and cognitive outcomes: a longitudinal analysis of national data. Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med. 2005 Jul;159(7):619-25.

[12] American Academy of Pediatrics, Committee on Public Education. Media education. Pediatrics. 1999 Aug;104(2 Pt 1):341-3. Available at: aappolicy.aappublications.org...;104/2/341.

[13] Vandewater, EA., et al. When the Television Is Always On: Heavy Television Exposure and Young Children's Development. American Behavioral Scientist. 2005 Jan 01;48(5):562-577.

[14] American Academy of Pediatrics, Committee on Public Education. Media violence. Pediatrics. 2001 Nov;108(5):1222-6. Available at: aappolicy.aappublications.org...;108/5/1222.

[14a] Bushman BJ, Anderson, CA. Comfortably numb: desensitizing effects of violent media on helping others. Psychological Science. 2009 21(3):273-277.

I can get you some more but this is just a quick add. There is some articles that would be good cited herein but I haven't got them yet but may do depending on accessibility.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by 74Templar

Hmmm, zombies or sparkly vampires??? Teens thinking blood drinking vampires are hot property? Gimme Zombies any day

Back in my day vampires sucked blood, not ****.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknowsplusone

over my dead reanimated body.... zombie flicks are my personal favorate, i own a whole shelf of em.

my advice to you, is that if you dont like watching something then dont watch it, you dont have to ruin it for the rest of us... complacent lil .......

also, pretty much evry zombie movie is 18 rated so kids shouldnt be watching em numnutts
edit on 31/12/2011 by DaveNorris because: added text

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   

reply to post by ZeussusZ

Some teens have great parents.

Most do not. And those at risk teens are being brainwashed with negatives.

Not good.

so, blame the parents, not the movies, music and videogames

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   

This is the 4th thread that you start over the same topic.

Get rid of the vampires hollywood
get your kids out of vampires and killers
Vampires and teens

In all those threads you say the same thing:Bad Hollywood,Bad parents,brainwashed kids.I mean what's the point?We heard you the first time.Couldn't you add your new views on the existing thread(s)?

And to contribute to your topic:
In Hollywood it's their job to make movies and shows.I watch horror films since i was 7(my parents wouldn't let me so i watched them after they went to sleep).I grew up and i didn't turn into a serial killer.

Horror movies and books might present a darker side of humanity,but people who watch them(unless they are mental unstable) don't magically turn into violent beasts.On the contrary,most people i know that they are fans of horror,in real life they despise all kinds of violence and they are nice.

So to sum up.Unless the child that watches the horror films and shows has some kind of mental disorder or lives in an enviroment with real life violence,physical or mental abuse,99% the evil hollywood films will not have any influence in his/her mental state.

BTW i feel that the greatest destruction for the youth comes from tv shows like Beverly Hills 90210,Glee,Gossip girl etc and reality shows.These shows really corrupt the young kids.Shallow lives that all that matters is money,sex and good looks.Do you prefer your kids to care about this stuff?Fine with me....

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Can we vote Clowns off the island, instead?

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   

What's wrong with zombies?

Should we also ban werewolves? What's your angle here? Is this one of those "I'm an uptight Christian and think everything is wrong and immoral" threads?

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Zombies are a perfect horror movie villain.

They are relentless.
Easy to watch the heroes kill.
Have the irony of being people we formerly trusted or liked, even loved.
One on one, they aren't much of a threat, but the horde....that's when it gets interesting.
They are hard to kill. (a headshot really isn't all that easy)

Just like Vampires, Zombies will always have a place in movies.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Not good.

I agree. Most at-risk teens came from broken families where parents were unable to provide adequate support, guidance, or discipline. They are those who are likely to wind up injured, sick, homeless or in jail due to their destructive behavior. If these teens are brainwashed with negatives, the burden to society may include an increase in crime and violence.
edit on 1-2-2012 by JennyPenn because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Oh my God...Who resurrected Mary bloody Whitehouse?
What have I told you folks about saying her name outloud in front of mirrors?. We'll never have any good stuff to watch for fun..

We've been growing up with Zombies since my dad was nipper. Old Bella Lagosi was in on it. We have ALL grown up with zombies.

The recent trends for zombie walks and the new generations interests seem quite positive to me. The young ones are grasping the notion that the Elite would have us all mindless zombies and are just having some fun whilst taking the pish out of THE MAN.
edit on 1-2-2012 by Suspiria because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi

"Why? Don't we make ya laugh? Aren't we #in' funny?"

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by JennyPenn

Not good.

I agree. Most at-risk teens came from broken families where parents were unable to provide adequate support, guidance, or discipline. They are those who are likely to wind up injured, sick, homeless or in jail due to their destructive behavior. If these teens are brainwashed with negatives, the burden to society may include an increase in crime and violence.
edit on 1-2-2012 by JennyPenn because: (no reason given)

Wait, wait.

I'm from a broken home, single parent family but was provided those things and watched horror movies growing up but I haven't ended up injured, homeless or in jail.

In fact, I have clinical depression but that's through a combination of bullying throughout life as well as genetics since it runs in the family.

You saying there's something wrong with me when I'm not the one making ricockulous assumptions like you are? Never comment on things you know nothing about again, k? That's why you'll never find me commenting on any threads about mathematics or physics.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Suspiria

Originally posted by LadySkadi

"Why? Don't we make ya laugh? Aren't we #in' funny?"

Had to give a star for the Captain Spaulding pic.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Why don't you just stop them making movies at all.
Ones that involve real life issues, like crime, rape, murder and general bad things.

Zombies are hilarious to anyone who knows what a Zombie film is really about.

Petition to stop twilight, not uber cool zombies.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join