It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What ATS feels like right now

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Anyone else agrees?

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   
lol yea sometimes ,

but remember the greatest thinkers of our time stood at that very position.!

It was some storng principals that kept them going , regardless of who says what.

If your right your right...

if your wrong pretending to be right for sake of argument that is a differnt ball game .

When they all look at you , and you know your right ! i say giver hell

But yea some trolls do deserve that.

lol

Love the second scene best! lol " Hey guys! i got somethign intresting to share" ( has no clue of the wrath of the skeptics, thats about to rain down on him like acid through butter) lol . Yea feel bad for some of em , espically the new guys with so much enthusiasm , get shot down like ron pual and the msm

edit on 31-12-2011 by yourboycal2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by HazyChestNutz

Anyone else agrees?

Depends on if ur new idea is smart, or ignorant.
Lots of things are ignorant to the masses, but smart to the one single lone person. Does not make it right to crap on them, but it doesn't make it right to adopt it as healthy. I could have joined saying I think the sun is a million miles closer to the earth. I'd be the slowly turning grey man.... ?

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by HazyChestNutz

ATS kinda makes me feel like this, Reply and Response ... awkward

love and harmony
Whateva
edit on 31/12/11 by Whateva69 because: oops

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Whateva69

OH MY G . that was toooooooooo hilarious .
2nd line

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   

The drama is like watching soap operas when they go after each other .

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Rinse and repeat, and that about does it.

I believe it was Einstein who said; "Just because 99% of the world thinks you're wrong, it doesn't mean you aren't right."

Not a bad motto to live by, especially in light of the level of status quo upkeep that goes on in regards to both science and religion these days. An open mind is crucial for the evolutionary advancement of thought and spirit.

edit on 31-12-2011 by FugitiveSoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Avoid taking yourself too seriously. Have fun, don't worry.

One way or another it will all be over soon.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   
I am used to it.
I have been feeling a lot of that lately.

I have learned a lot of ways to fight back though.

I have got some really nice tricks up my sleeve for the next week or so.
I have got a lot of amazing discoveries to share with everyone.

It will take a lot of work though. So give me time and be patient.

Next thread: "Mystery Babylon Demystified or All Roads Lead to Babylon"
This will be my biggest best thread ever.

Stay tuned.

edit on 31-12-2011 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   
To me ATS feels like a huge hotel, with every floor being a different forum and every rooom being a different thread.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   
I feel that the user base of ATS could be better at solving world problems then most any political party in Washington D.C. or anywhere, frankly.

I feel that every elected official should be reading ATS on a daily basis as part of their news intake.

And I feel that there are some who don't belong here they belong on HuffPost

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Funny

I'm rather new here but I'd say you're right. However, I think the problem is two fold:

1. Professional skeptics that have no interest in being open minded and researching - they're just interested in bashing people and causing controversies.

2. People with outrageous claims and NO arguments to back them up... Or those that make unfounded leaps in judgement (as in connecting two people because their name starts with the letter "S" or something as ridiculous - and then treating that connection as a fact for their theories)

Both of these sides are not very conducive to true research and debate.
edit on 31-12-2011 by firefly9000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Anyone else agrees?

Bout what i feel like on a website that is notorius for bashing peoples religious beliefs.
You even mention the word "God" and that is exactly what happens to you, minus the part where we assimilate like Borg drones.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Anyone else agrees?

That is so funny and so true! People can really take a beating on here sometimes. Although sometimes you do have to say to yourself', "what was that person thinking??"

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Kind of sums it up for me..............

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
the cake is a lie

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   

MOST CERTAINLY! As the tension in the air grows, as the dollar will soon be devalued, as anger builds toward the governments obvious oppression, people will become more edgy. I know that there are some "closed minded ATSers" on here who think they "know all the facts".....but in reality, once you think you have it all figured out, you will shortly see that you were off......EVERY ATSer should keep open minds, respect others opinions and just plain get along!! EVERY piece of news posted on this site has some sort of slant to it.....cant everyone understand this??? Every "fact" that is reported on the news, regardless of the source, is reported by a "person", who will always report it with their "slant". This is how humans are, its our nature, once youre aware of this....you can learn to catch yourself, and just keep to "principles" rather than facts. Facts are, gravity, food, water, life, death and such....these are facts....they can not be slanted, they stand on their own regardless of who experiences them.....are we getting the point here??? Yes, sharing news updates and waking up the masses are important, but you wont do it with a bitter attitude, demeaning attitude or through ranting.....you have to do it with patience for the "slow of understanding"......patience is indeed a virtue needed and practiced for ALL ATSers! I love you guys
Now lets just work together, and share respectfully!

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Anyone else agrees?

Bout what i feel like on a website that is notorius for bashing peoples religious beliefs.
You even mention the word "God" and that is exactly what happens to you, minus the part where we assimilate like Borg drones.

Guilty as charged: However

Some don't know how/when to keep their religious beliefs in perspective:

"Hey I had buttered toast and coffee this a.m."
"oh praise the Lord!"

Jenny passed her history final! "Oh praise the Lord"!

"good lord"

( I mean "Good grief:" I.e. inappropriate responses to common everyday comments)

thisliterally Happens all the time; with people I now commonly go out of my way to avoid.
No one ever questions your right to believe as you please.
"lecturing""and "Condecension" naturally draws alot of ire...

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by 46ACE

Hey, I'm with you!! ....we should make a point (me included) to let others know gently and respectfully when they are "getting to us" or offending us, We are ALL guilty of losing it on others! hahaha.....I sometimes feel like a king in that area! But, nevertheless, I continue to strive to become better.....it's a never ending process in life, if you want it to be
God Bless you.....hahahahahahahahahaha....Seriously, I'm totally kidding, just couldnt resist! It was the perfect set up!

Peace

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by 46ACE

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Anyone else agrees?

Guilty as charged: However

Some don't know how/when to keep their religious beliefs in perspective:

"Hey I had buttered toast and coffee this a.m."
"oh praise the Lord!"

Jenny passed her history final! "Oh praise the Lord"!

"good lord"

( I mean "Good grief:" I.e. inappropriate responses to common everyday comments)

thisliterally Happens all the time; with people I now commonly go out of my way to avoid.
No one ever questions your right to believe as you please.
"lecturing""and "Condecension" naturally draws alot of ire...

Not what i was talking about. You can go into a religious forum and talk about religion and instead of having religious people to talk to, you have atheists beating you down because you believe in what they do not and they troll on purpose, they aren't trying to enlighten anyone theyre trolling and making fun knowing full well what theyre doing. The words "Religion" and "Faith" bring them like moths to a porch light. Participating in a thread is different than trying to derail it with rude comments that have nothing to do with the OP.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join