It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Summary of When Dragon's Rule - Working Thread

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 01:25 AM
link   
I am here but I just don't know what to write.

give me a character?

what do you all need?

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Thurisaz

I know you like killing off your characters quickly
so .... this character you CANNOT kill off okay?

Heck, I gave you Pearl's and she went off the deep end. This one is vital so do well with him! Gaeali the dead King's court wizard. And NO killing him off without prior approval

edit on 1/2/2012 by Trexter Ziam because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trexter Ziam

I know you like killing off your characters quickly
so .... this character you CANNOT kill off okay?

Heck, I gave you Pearl's and she went off the deep end. This one is vital so do well with him! Gaeali the dead King's court wizard. And NO killing him off without prior approval

ok.... I won't go killing off my character without prior approval.

alrighty then, I will read up again and think of something exciting.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   

If you want to do a love story - Queen Jayna of the Azure Glen

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Trexter Ziam

oh goodie! I love love stories!!

maybe after this one... we could do a mills and boon saga?

maybe the wizard and the queen? oooohhhh
?

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 02:19 AM
link   

mills and boon???

And major "NO!" on hooking those two up. Gaeali isn't interested in ANY relationship. The Queen is a "GOOD" Queen, loved by her people. She had to assume the throne at an early age because of the death of her parents (by dragons?). She is just now old enough to start courting.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 02:21 AM
link   
The queen is a simple character to run. Gaeali is MAJOR long-term thinking for the writer, a complex character.

Here, I copied and pasted Gaeali notes here so you don't forget and so the other writers can see what's going on.

Gaeali

He's a MASTER Plotter. He must have tricked the wise old dragon Monolith to leave the King. He's a MASTER usurper, plotter, devious, he plans loooong in advance and well ahead.

He's older than he looks. His own magics prolong his life beyond normal.

He WANTS the King's throne to himself. He does NOT have blood or whatever so cannot call Dragons - he's an enemy of dragons.

He's a power-monger, unscrupulous, cares about nobody but himself - think psychopath.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 02:35 AM
link   

ok well I will contain myself. heheheheh

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 04:14 AM
link   
hi ... I can't commit to anything long term but will pop in and add fillers... so best would be to get a Wizard Writer that can commit to that. And
I won't fluff it up with any love stories... oh but thx Ottobot for that... hahaha

gave me a warm feeling inside and a smile.

ok due to work over commitments I will prolly get in weekly... so if I just add a few tid bitties that may suffice until things slow down a wee bit/change.

off to do a wee bit now.

xx

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I will write the wizard if you'd like.

I haven't been writing anything because I don't know what to write.

I guess I could go into detail about the Dragon Forces and their formation as well as training. Hmm.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by ottobot

Sorry it took forever to get this password mess straightened out.

No, please don't do the wizard - that was only if Thurisaz wanted it.

I'm waiting on YOUR couple (expecting twins) to go and claim the capital by restructuring, organizing and uniting the people, and a militia of some sort ... to fight off the dwarves that are on their way to takeover.

That's a handful in itself, winning the people's trust and respect etc.

After the battle with the opportunistic dwarves, you should still have a lot to do there.

Think "re-construction" after a major war.

And there's only one way to beat those MELEE battle dwarves

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Ummm Marsten is 16 1/2 years old - not old enough to father a 9 year old

Sounds like a cute kid who needs a family; but, where and how does anybody find her?

Hopefully YOU will have a family find her.

BTW - the wizard didn't see the rockfall as he was already inside the shop and the rockfall happened after that. No biggie. He may have heard it though. Doubt he would have cared anyway.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   

There are dwarves in the story?! Heck yes!

I'll come up with an interesting "recovery" storyline and also make a couple of incidental dwarf characters. I am a dwarf at heart.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ottobot

*chuckle* Yes, dwarves came in at www.abovetopsecret.com... and www.abovetopsecret.com...

They are GREEDY dwarves though; and, "greedy" doesn't seem to be your 'thing'. No offense intended of course - you are brilliant in a unique way ... just not greedy enough.

These aren't your stereo-typical DnD or Lord of the Rings sort of dwarves.

The good thing for your couple is ... the dwarves aren't archers *hint hint*

Also, there's an alliance to be made ... but, the consequences of that will or MIGHT be a Civil War in a neighboring sphere, depending on how things turn out. There are two more neighboring spheres not yet introduced. Eventually, they all effect each other ... even though they are independent nations (spheres).
edit on 11/2/2012 by Trexter Ziam because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Oh I'll be greedy. Just watch me.

Yay, dwarves! Ahhhhhhh I am going to have fun.

Dunna caunt meh out yet, Tez, Ah've getta few tricks up meh sleeves.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   

well the kid hasn't discovered that yet so no prob there...she just saw him rolling down into the crevice...and to her 'he looks old'....

she will find that out soon enough...

ok... sounds like you have had a hard time TZ???
sorry to hear that.

) things can only get better!

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trexter Ziam

Ummm Marsten is 16 1/2 years old - not old enough to father a 9 year old

Sounds like a cute kid who needs a family; but, where and how does anybody find her?

Hopefully YOU will have a family find her.

BTW - the wizard didn't see the rockfall as he was already inside the shop and the rockfall happened after that. No biggie. He may have heard it though. Doubt he would have cared anyway.

hahah didn't mention the wizard saw him fall.... the kid did.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ok just read your post TZ so and someone else has found him so not much more for me to go on with about the kid...but I had considered 'she being a nosey child' had some inside knowledge about the wizard?

edit on 12/2/2012 by Thurisaz because: never mind

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Okay co-author! Effe has her story for you. I hope you like it.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
You're doing well ottobot. Don't forget that the dragons are supposed to be the villains in the story. Greedy remember?

You lusty bearded dwarf lady you!

And yes, you pulled that dwarf scene off perfectly.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   

TZ,

What do you have against my dwarfs? Seriously, you want them to be greedy and treacherous, but then you kill off the greediest characters possible for the sake of military order? Make up your mind!!!

You need to give me your ideas on how the story should go if you want me to follow your storyline. Otherwise, I'm just going to keep thwarting and frustrating you with my writings at every turn - I clearly am thinking a lot crazier things are possible in this story than you are willing to allow.

Please give me a rough outline of characters to write for so that you won't want to kill them off when their lives veer from the story arc. I'm begging you here!

(Totally expecting Rodrig and Rosaaya to get owned in the next installment.)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join