It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Summary of When Dragon's Rule - Working Thread

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trexter Ziam
It's somebody else; but, your other answers covered it, thanks.

If a member is willing to step up and contribute to the Dragon effort, just send me a U2U with their username, TZ, and I'll give careful consideration to that member.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
About Khespian immunities and extraordinary abilities.

Dragons, Dragon Lords, humans and any other ... you know what I mean ... don't have any immunities on Khespian. A fire breathing dragon would certainly be more resistant to fire, a cold breathing dragon would be more resistant to cold, etc. ... but, they would never be completely immune.

As for Dragons "melting rocks" ... nope. I know, we had one rock wall melt and we'll just have to ignore (forget) that and move on. Rocks melt or transform more likely at 600-1000C which is 1112-1821F. Those are real figures I dug up for us.

Dragons with fire breathe CAN set wooden structures ablaze, as well as people, Dragon Lords and each other.

Dragons are STRONG. Extraordinarily strong.

Dragons need to exemplify greed and hoarding more.

You are ALL doing splendidly. Thank you all.
edit on 9/1/2012 by Trexter Ziam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Trexter Ziam

where is the post about khespian immunities? I have just re-read the posts and cannot see that bit and the bit about the wall being melted?

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Thurisaz

Nothing has been posted about "immunities" in the story. That aspect was just covered in advance.

Here's the melted rock.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

With one lazy breath, she melted the other entrance to the cave into a sheet of twisted, molten rock.

OMG! "miscarraige of justice"
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 9/1/2012 by Trexter Ziam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   

farout the big waste truck has managed to get in through the works bollards, this is interesting.... what a clever driver, reversing out through the little gap, spose it won't matter if a big truck knocks into the bollards?

oh sorry, off topic there.

well I was thinking about puff the majik dragon (when the waste truck came beeping along out the front of my house!) and well he was a nice dragon and had majikal powers.

what about a dragon that has nuclear abilities?
what the hell brought down the concrete foundation of the twin towers? maybe the dragon could breathe out some kind of weird chemical?

nope, Teeth suggests the rocks were predominantly iron ore and so they are softer and can be melted to make steel... whooo hooo, it could explain the rock wall melting and I am pretty sure, somewhere in eastermore, there is an iron foundary with a black smith using these very rocks.

ok yippee, depending on the type of rock, it could be melted down?

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thurisaz
Teeth suggests the rocks were predominantly iron ore and so they are softer and can be melted to make steel... whooo hooo, it could explain the rock wall melting and I am pretty sure, somewhere in eastermore, there is an iron foundary with a black smith using these very rocks.

ok yippee, depending on the type of rock, it could be melted down?

Rocks are not iron ore. Iron ore is extracted from rocks in a smelting process which separates the slag and the iron ore.

Dragons are not smelters. They need to breathe and while they are blasting a fire breathe, they aren't breathing normally. So, they cannot sustain a fire breathe long enough to smelt ore.

Yippee NOT. No more rock melting.

Here - when reading the melting point, remember both the amount of time required to reach this temperature AND that this short Israeli table is in Celcius not Farenheit. www.science.co.il... 212F/100C is the boiling temperature of water. To even ignite wood, the water has to be boiled out of it first. www.heartheat.com...

Suspension of Disbelief is our goal - so - nope ... Dragons are not flying smelters.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   

well I didn't write that bit anyway but I was just thinking about it. thinking about imagination.

but what if in my imagination a dragon could do extraordinary things?

if our imagination is being limited then we cannot be creative and open to other ideas and when I did read it, I could visualise it and then I conceded if it were not possible then perhaps the She Dragon swished the cave open with her mighty big tail?

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thurisaz
but what if in my imagination a dragon could do extraordinary things?

if our imagination is being limited then we cannot be creative and open to other ideas and when I did read it, I could visualise it and then I conceded if it were not possible then perhaps the She Dragon swished the cave open with her mighty big tail?

Limiting imagination is certainly not a goal here. At a certain point, there is NO thing that is unimaginable - especially to creative people; but, the common reader may be more inclined to mental calculation and analyzation.

Another aspect in working with archetypal images is precedent. Sure, some successful professional authors can set a new precedent - but - we're amateurs (unless you are Ms. Rowlings in disguise there). Do you remember reading any stories of rock-melting dragons in any fantasy literature or mythology?

If dragons could melt rock - heck - why would they need humans to mine, smelt, and smith the goodies they like to hoard?

If dragons could melt rock - would there be any rocks left to melt? Their primary archetypal nature is "greed" and so it follows that there'd probably be a "Peak Meltable Rock" event in ancient history which means there are NO rocks left in the fanstastical timeline where mankind comes aboard the planet.

And YES! The Lady Dragon (European style dragon, not the Asian style dragon) was able to grab, snatch, throw the rocks - and/or - push and shove the rocks - and/or - kick the rocks away - and/or swish her mighty strong scaley tail to bat the rocks. Strength is a major exceptional ability they have. She used her strength to escape there.

edit on 10/1/2012 by Trexter Ziam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Hmm, I'm totally writing from a fantasy perspective. This is an imagined world, so why would little things like the melting temperature of rock on earth matter?

Lady-Dragon's mate sleeps in the nearby volcano. Magma is melted rock. So... he is sleeping in a bath of melted rock. Therefore, rocks are melt-able.

And, it's not like dragons would need to melt rocks all the time, just in warranted situations. It's much easier to gather gems and pretty baubles from corpses, dragons are much too busy sleeping, roaring, primping, and so on, to waste time on tradeskills.

edit on 1/12/2012 by ottobot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I am a bit like Narnook at the moment... lost: the timing with Rodrig, will read it again and try and get my head around that... '10 harvests he had been locked in the dungeon' is that like 10 years? Is that a historical background to the present part where the female dragon nicks him and flys off with him?

for the record, monolithic dragon is a dragon, not a half human hybrid dragon.. like the dragon lord, King Fujiwudgy...he is sleeping and will wake up later down the track.

spose I should write a bit about Ulir, but I will wait to find out if it has been 10 years before I do.

for the meantime I will just add non important drivel until then... Ham-Without Teeth etc.

"Teeth grinded to a halt"
hahahha ok I am having fun writing silly fillers and hopefully it isn't mucking the flow of the thread. If so, like Teeth, I will grind to a halt.

ok well, off to reconcile statements and boring boring boring stuff like that..no wonder I zing out over silly word plays hahahahahahaha

thank gawd for creative writing! Last night I woke up from a dream sobbing my chest out speaking to someone in my family about death and funerals. Just keep busy Nat the Brat xxxx

edit on 12/1/2012 by Thurisaz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Yes, Rodrig has been in the dungeon for 10 years.

I had to write this in because he is supposed to be Ulir's older brother, senior by 7 or 8 years. Rodrig was taken to the Black Fist before Ulir was ever born, so neither knows of the other. Rodrig, then, would be in his late 30's, whereas Ulir is in his early 30's and Marsten in his late teens.

Rodrig is Marsten's uncle, though they do not know this.

I was considering writing Rodrig to be a seasoned survivor of the Badlands when he encountered the dragon, but was too late on the draw.
Before I could write the next installment, TZ wrote, "Nobody knew much about Rodrig, only that he was new and rumour had it that Rodrig was in cahoots with the Lady Dragon."

So, I added a "hazy" decade to his story to get him older than Ulir in the "present" time frame.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ottobot

Ok... it is moving along very quickly so I will spend sometime doing a summary and post it up later.

thx for explaining that.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Sorry we got you lost there Thuriaz. Yep, it had been over 2 days since I had posted and ottobot hadn't filled that in yet. I decided to keep the story rolling along. My bad. She made a "flashback" post(s) to catch up.

In real life - 10 harvests threw me too. 100 miles South of me is 4 harvests per year, here we get 3 per year and 100 miles North of me is 2 harvests per year so - glad we all know now that it's 1 harvest per year in this alternate world anyway.

In the meantime - gotta haz PORK!
I love all the comedic interlude there! PIG OUT!

Edit: never mind on the wait - going on ahead -

edit on 13/1/2012 by Trexter Ziam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trexter Ziam
reply to post by masqua

Thanks.

Ottobot has been posting and writes splendidly with a unique and fascinating style and perspective.

It's somebody else; but, your other answers covered it, thanks.

edit on 5/1/2012 by Trexter Ziam because: (no reason given)

Hey, thanks for the compliments TZ.

Who is the mystery writer? Does s/he still want to join? If so, I can do a little ATS bg check and, if everything looks clean
, also request his/her promotion to Writer to join in the collaboration.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Re: Harvest. I'm really talking about Autumn. I decided to use "Harvest" because there is an installment where Pletch-As goes to Tristan and everyone is worried because the men were gone. This is also where I got the idea for the Lot.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   
They haven't posted (and they are able to post in this forum); so, maybe they changed their mind or got busy with other things. Thank you anyway. For now, it's just us four until others join in.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 04:37 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Thanks, I was holding off for that summary you mentioned, and to see what you did with Ulir before Marsten arrives at his place, and to see what NowanKenubi (aka "Star Wars") was going to do with Pletch-As. If Star Wars doesn't fill in - I'll just have Pletch-As follow and spy (snoop - eavesdrop). Pletch-As is crucial because he has half the story on the three related men.

The plot is cranking up now - when Marsten meets Ulir. Since YOU (resurrected) Ulir, I presumed you'd want more time running him. So far, he's been dumped alone - poor wretch he is! Anyway, that's why I'm holding back posting - waiting for all the above. The 1 1/2 weeks between the forest to Tristan and back to the Badlands is a mere post or two - not real life time you know.

Yes, I had that hall sweeper (Gretchen-Do-Cackle) save ottobot's girl (Rosaaya) hoping ottobot would "love story" her with Rodrig. Since ottobot aged her 10 years more, they best make babies fast before her child-bearing years are over!

Marsten's 1 1/2 to two week diversion is story-world-time, not real life time. It's several days walk to Tristan and a good 4-5 days walk more back to the Badlands; but, that's STORY-World-TIME - a mere sentence or two - if you get my drift.

I didn't quite catch the last of the video. It shuts off prematurely.

No more CHAIR WRESTLING! Got it?
Take care!

edit on 15/1/2012 by Trexter Ziam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 06:12 AM
link   
SUMMARY PAGE ONE:

Aaiyana met a handsome hunter from another village in the woods and fell pregnant to him. After the wild moments of passion, she never saw him again. Pletch-As was a man from her own village who lusted after her but he was old and he missed out on the booty and angry, he planned to make her his own by whatever means.

King Fjullwald was the cruel Dragon-Lord Hybrid of Eastermore and imposed harsh tasks upon the Holding Sphere.

Aaiyana gave birth to a boy called Marsten. Pletch-As became a Father figure to Marsten and on his 16th birthday he took him on a man trip and then onto a Govt Dept to be assigned his job for life by the nasty Draconian Government.

Marsten’s real Father was from the Village of Tristan and just after his lusty scruffing with the luscious Aaiyana went on a hunting trip and met up with the Monolithic Dragon and lost his mind and memory from that day forth.

Much sinister stuff going on, Pletch-As causing Aaiyana’s dependence by poisoning her; the more she became sick, the more she relied on him and he was pleased to have magic and deceit in his kit bag.

Marsten was 16 years old and was given the job of an over-seer of the prisoners of the Badlands and he went to work.

Sickness was everywhere and Aaiyana went to the Village of Tristan to deliver some herbs. There she saw her lusty lover from 16 years ago. Ulir did not remember her.

Ulir was never the same again after meeting Monolithic Dragon. Villagers were worried he may turn into another Dragon-Lord or be killed by King Fjullwald so he stayed in a protected area for years and years…

The whore/dragon –slayer Zasiruht waiting in Bravenport because she is actually an ancient sorcerer who had a task of her own to do.

Marsten sorts the riff raff out and has a plan to rid the caves of the naughty ones.

Many naughty people die and work commences on changing the caves into homes for the poor hard done by prisoners.

The blue-black She Dragon lived in the caves as the men discovered. King Fjullwald morphed into Monolithic Dragon and ate many babies and destroyed nearly everything in Aarchmore.

edit on 15/1/2012 by Thurisaz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 06:53 AM
link   

continued:

SUMMARY PAGE TWO

Pletch-As out walking one day with the sweet smelling Aaiyana met up unexpectedly with a banished sorcerer, the one he met 16 yrs ago when Ulir left Aaiyana’s life.

The She-Dragon had lots of fun feasting on whoever she found in the caves and found & spared Rodrig, he was of the blood.

Zasiruht hid in the caves and witnessed the She-Dragon killing all she found and her capture of Rodrig.

Narnook-The Lost delivered the news to Marsten that a dragon was trapped in the caves.

The She-Dragon entered Rodrig’s mind and explained the past and why and how.

Background of Rodrig: hard life, soldiers took him when he was a child to serve the Lordling, one of King Fjullwald’s kids, there he met Rosaaya and they fell in love. Lordling saw them one day and he left her for dead whilst Rodrig was taken to prison.

A cleaner called Gretchin-do Cackle finds dying Rosaaya and takes her home.

Morphed King Fjullwald aka Monolithic orders his men to search for the banished sorcerer.

Marsten appoints Narnook-the Lost to look after the men in charge of watching the caves to visit his sick Mother, Aaiyana.

Zasiruht explains the Ruesal Tree and why the sorcerer is banished. Laughs because the She-Dragon does not know why Rodrig is one of the blood.

When She-Dragon leaves the cave with Rodrig, she sabotages the nest of the She-Dragon.

Posts about the assortment of men in the camp.

Pletch-As uses the sorcerer’s recipe, feels good and assigns a bird, the Aegile to look after the banished sorcerer in the Outer Spheres. Time is running out.

Zasiruht finds the sorcerer and undertakes her soul purpose.

edit on 15/1/2012 by Thurisaz because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join