It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why the US Navy will be destroyed in Hormuz

page: 47
<< 44  45  46    48 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

As I just posted, don't put too much credit into this exercise.

Another stunt Van Riper pulled was the fact that the boats were generated and launched into attacks without any regard for the need to have a 'hive' C2 and log site to operate out of before heading out on attacks. Those sites are vulnerable to interdiction in real life, but didn't have the same vulnerability in the sim.

I know the exercise was a look at the danger of certain tactics, but Van Riper was a little bit like that basement dwelling COD opponent who pulls out some crazy and fairly unrealistic tactics in the game and then sits back and laughs because he was able to exploit a modelling weakness in the game. Most dangerous rarely equates to most likely in the real world.

Having said this, yes, a dhow with a sea skimming air breather tucked underneath a tarp could make for a bad, bad day. There are a lot of variables involved with getting one up though.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

Yes I agree with a lot of what you said right there.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eaglecall
What makes some people think that we are going to attack Iran by the sea?? LMAO. Of course the hypothetical US fleet destruction scenarios you guys put here are real. But those scenarios are based on a non-existant possibility. If we ever go to war with Iran, fire will rain from the heavens first in key targets. Targets that will let Iran im;possible to attack the stretch by ballistic missiles. Those targets ARE ALREADY IDENTIFIED. The WHOLE military complex of Iran is absolutely identified with pin pointed locations from space. If the green light is given, the eagles are ready to fly and deliver. After that our fleet will have open acces to approach the coast, anihilate any remaining Navy, while launching massive missile strikes towards more targets.

Some people is really innocent to under estimate the mighty power of the U.S. Military. What we have technologically speaking, is light years ahead of any non-allie. What we have in amount of warfare and manpower, is light years ahead of any non-allie.

And I just repeat that I do not support attacking Iran. If they close the stretch, yes it will affect us, but why we always have to put the face first?? I would say if it happens, lets assume the crisis and wait until other countries take the inniciative. Not us. If we need gas, let's drill. We have plenty.

Take our guys back home from everywhere. But if there is a real attack that requires our action, I am ready to enlist tomorrow.

The Mighty power of the U.S. Military is quite something to behold, now if you folks could only feed your poor and house the homeless and actually provide a cheap but good education all would be good.
maybe throw in a few million jobs that pay decent...........but if that happened there would not be much left over for wars?
I don't know what made me post this as it is never going to happen......Pass the ammunition and screw the common folks.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iwinder

Originally posted by Eaglecall
What makes some people think that we are going to attack Iran by the sea?? LMAO. Of course the hypothetical US fleet destruction scenarios you guys put here are real. But those scenarios are based on a non-existant possibility. If we ever go to war with Iran, fire will rain from the heavens first in key targets. Targets that will let Iran im;possible to attack the stretch by ballistic missiles. Those targets ARE ALREADY IDENTIFIED. The WHOLE military complex of Iran is absolutely identified with pin pointed locations from space. If the green light is given, the eagles are ready to fly and deliver. After that our fleet will have open acces to approach the coast, anihilate any remaining Navy, while launching massive missile strikes towards more targets.

Some people is really innocent to under estimate the mighty power of the U.S. Military. What we have technologically speaking, is light years ahead of any non-allie. What we have in amount of warfare and manpower, is light years ahead of any non-allie.

And I just repeat that I do not support attacking Iran. If they close the stretch, yes it will affect us, but why we always have to put the face first?? I would say if it happens, lets assume the crisis and wait until other countries take the inniciative. Not us. If we need gas, let's drill. We have plenty.

Take our guys back home from everywhere. But if there is a real attack that requires our action, I am ready to enlist tomorrow.

The Mighty power of the U.S. Military is quite something to behold, now if you folks could only feed your poor and house the homeless and actually provide a cheap but good education all would be good.
maybe throw in a few million jobs that pay decent...........but if that happened there would not be much left over for wars?
I don't know what made me post this as it is never going to happen......Pass the ammunition and screw the common folks.
Regards, Iwinder

I agree with your post. But has nothing to do with the point here. The United States military, it is indeed the almighty military force in the world. Technologically speaking, and that technology comes from the brainpower that The United States posses. We as a military power are capable of anihilate ANY country in the world. We are capable to erase a whole area f the world from the map. In a matter of days. I do not advocate for it, and I would never support that unless we were under attack, but is the reality.

If we actually had a government interested in fixing our domestic problems in favor of the people, we would be even more powerful. Myself, have always been passionate about military technology. I have an AS degree in computers and one of my dreams always have been working in design of military weapons. I have actually thought about some ideas that not even the military has think of....I grew up making my own gun powder in my backyard with my brother while dad was working the land. Those were the good 'ol days...

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   

"...if iran gets invaded it couuld go nuclear." So according to this statement, along with this, "Do you think it is worth having NYC and DC nuked over irans supposed nuclear weapons?" Who in their right mind would actually sit idly by and let a country such as Iran take the upper hand in a potentially nuclear situation because they felt that saving 10 million lives (just for conversation's sake) by sheer cowardice is better than risking 10 million lives (again just for conversation's sake) to save almost 7 billion that currently populate this earth? Either way, it doesn't actually matter who comes out on top, which I fully expect America will, and surely I won't be disappointed, the truth is someone needs to make sure that countries like Iran never and I repeat NEVER point any type of weapon of mass destruction at any nation in any corner of this earth no matter how small! To simply say that it's not worth saving an entire planet from a possible all out nuclear war with countries such as Iran, North Korea, and so on is utter lunacy!

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I'm no military expert but I see no reason why our capital ships would need to park anywhere near the range of speed boats and their missiles. What is the 'range' of an aircraft carrier? I think they could strike at Iran quite a ways away from the narrows of the gulf of Hormuz.

Normally the planes have at least a 500 nautical mile range. I can't see speedboat covering that distance without being subject to some serious issues.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by westbound

"...if iran gets invaded it couuld go nuclear." So according to this statement, along with this, "Do you think it is worth having NYC and DC nuked over irans supposed nuclear weapons?" Who in their right mind would actually sit idly by and let a country such as Iran take the upper hand in a potentially nuclear situation because they felt that saving 10 million lives (just for conversation's sake) by sheer cowardice is better than risking 10 million lives (again just for conversation's sake) to save almost 7 billion that currently populate this earth? Either way, it doesn't actually matter who comes out on top, which I fully expect America will, and surely I won't be disappointed, the truth is someone needs to make sure that countries like Iran never and I repeat NEVER point any type of weapon of mass destruction at any nation in any corner of this earth no matter how small! To simply say that it's not worth saving an entire planet from a possible all out nuclear war with countries such as Iran, North Korea, and so on is utter lunacy!

How would Iran get the bomb NYC or DC fed ex it? There is no evidence of Iran building a bomb. And seeing how they haven't started a war in 300 years it doesn't look like they would start one even if they had a bomb.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Iran, a rich nation with money to burn, a good relationship witht the second most advanced nation on the planet.
The strait of hormuz, iran understands that this is their backdoor and it needs to be defended.
Iran has spent untold amounts of money preparing a customised defence of this stretch of water.
If this was a real time strategy game the defender has gone "Turtle" in this location.
Anytime the iranians choose to close the strait, they will and there is not a damn thing anyone can do about it.
The strait contains custom built diesel/electric sonar evasive submarines that have the same rubber hull coating the chinese have on their submersibles.
The outer defence marker can be reached by supersonic "Sunburn" missiles in around 25 seconds from launch.

As soon as the americans decide to attack, unless attacks are made in the minutes before hand on the sunburn installations, america will suffer many casualties and losses.
Also, the moment that iran is attacked, all bets are off concerning the reaction of russia and iran.
I have no doubt sleeper cells around the world will begin seeding shopping malls, cinemas, supermarkets with biological agents.
IRANIAN STANDING FORCES
523,000 1,800,000 1,510,000 3,833,000
active reserve paramilitary total standing.

RUSSIAN STANDING FORCES
1,027,000 20,000,000 449,000 21,476,000

for the sake of losing an illegal nuclear nation that practices apartheid and genocide, it just isn't worth it.
If it gets stupid, it gets very stupid very quickly, this is without china deciding it would like to get involved and be the worlds dominant currency and have massively cheap oil.

2,285,000 800,000 1,500,000 4,585,000

Thats 30million soldiers to be fielded if ww3 starts, those figures are conservative, conscription and a draft could easily treble that number.

so please stop thinking an attack on iran is worthwhile, for the sake of your family, and, BILLIONS of people around the world, stay of the war wagon.

edit on 21-1-2012 by The X because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by westbound

Iran has the most advanced biological weapons capability that has been actively researched by soviet brain drain scientists since the collapse of the old soviet union.
If iran wanted to strike anybody, they would not use nukes, they would have used bio agents, far cheaper and does not leave a radar track and can be plausibly denied.
They never have, they are not interested in attacking anyone, you are being drawn into the way of thinking that israel requires to get what IT wants US public support to attack iran.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by The X
reply to post by westbound

Iran has the most advanced biological weapons capability that has been actively researched by soviet brain drain scientists since the collapse of the old soviet union.
If iran wanted to strike anybody, they would not use nukes, they would have used bio agents, far cheaper and does not leave a radar track and can be plausibly denied.

At that juncture, if there is real damage and significant death count, nobody will give r@ts @ss about "plausible deniability" -- Iran will be bombed.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by The X

As well as being signatories of the NPT, Iran are also signatories of the Biological Weapons Treaty and the Chemical Weapons Treaty.

And yes Iran's research into Biological and Chemical Agents is world class, that came from years of Chemical/Biological attacks by Iraq, a War crime the world chose to ignore.

Cosmic..

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

Bombed is a light word.

Much more than bombed.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Interesting.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 03:29 AM
link   
The US has a very sizeable aircraft carrier called Israel near the middle east,. Dont they?

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Since we have a relevant thread with the exact same tactics that are going to be played out:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Saturation attack.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
Since we have a relevant thread with the exact same tactics that are going to be played out:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Saturation attack.

You have absolutely no clue as to the defensive and offensive ability of the US Navy , you here a little bit about some of their potential from various sources . The fact is we have weaponry that can hit a speeding zig zagging speed boat doing fifty knots from over 70 nautical miles away no problem . If the Iranians get a shot in it will be very lucky or allowed for massive retaliation . There is o doubt we can take out there whole navy in less than a day .

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Oh yeah...this old thread. How did that Hormuz attack and the destruction of the US navy turn out?

edit on 11-6-2012 by princeofpeace because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Azadok2day

Did you even bother to read the thread? It is proven that the US Navy cannot survive a massive saturation attack and even indicated in my OP.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Hey whatever it takes. Im sure this thread is making the senators and congressmen just up the ante for more weapons. GOOD JOB ATS!!!!

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by area6

Actually the reason no body is acting on the Syrian situation right now is the Iranian stake supported by the Russian and Chinese. there is no telling what these two might have installed.

top topics

<< 44  45  46    48 >>

join