It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why the US Navy will be destroyed in Hormuz

page: 37
<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Liquesence
I had forgotten about that war game scenario. Thanks for posting.

Relying on formulated predictability of the unpredictable will be the Achilles heel of the arrogant.

edit on 30-12-2011 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

Hope you don't mind but i just copied your last line of that post as a quote....I really like the truth in it and everybody could benefit from that statement.

Is that from you or you hear it elsewhere ?

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by LucidDreamer85

EMP missiles are not in Iran's inventory. Military systems are hardened against EMP. One billionth of the cost is your estimate. Please post your calculations.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by apacheman

Nam we couldn't apply the full might of the military due to the unpopularity of it back home and civilian casualties. If all of Nam was against us and we weren't trying to protect half of it we would have just laid waste to it all.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Dragoon01

So by that you mean you can pretty much predict the outcome of any war anywhere!.......wow ,, hands up then.... Real war is not a game!!....its unpredictable, surprising, Harsh and long..and if you screw up you cant start a new game......so instead of designing war games lets do something good for the next generations so people like me would not be sitting here busting their asses trying to explain the obvious to people like you so our kids might have a chance to live life in a safer world.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by spy66
reply to post by Eurisko2012

Iran cannot claim the entire Strait of Hormuz as their own.

Legally, they don't have a leg to stand on at the United Nations.
Iran is free to start a war in the Strait of Hormuz. The US Military will finish it very quickly.

I advise the Iranians to use their power of free will wisely.

Iran is not claiming ownership over the Strait of Hormuz. They are using it as a bargaining device. Iran dosent have a real interest of closing of the Strait, but they will do so if they are attacked.

If you look at who is threatening who at the moment. It is the US who is leading on with threats through UN sanctions and with political terror rhetoric at home, Iran is just responding. Its a very natural reaction. This is a exact copy from how the US sanctioned Iraq before they attacked them in 1991.

I am not sure if the US will win this war, because that depends on what is classified as victory in the end. And what portion of our society that will benefit from the so called victory.
This war will cost the people dearly when it comes to spending. And with the balance sheets the US and EU are working with at the moment. I dont see how a defeat over Iran can be seen as a victory by beating them militarily.

Beating Iran militarily will cause debt problems beyond our present understanding.

First off sanctioning Iran is not attacking them, and the sanctions aren't just coming from the USA. Also the sanctions are coming for a reason. They are coming because the Iranians are not abiding by their treaties.

A treaty isn't just some handshake agreement between Bob and Habib. A treaty is a serious legal document between NATIONS, as such you can damn well expect consequences when they aren't followed by the parties involved.

Second, if they are attacked by the USA you can bet your house the Americans will already have control of the straight by the time the attack comes.

-Alien

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
reply to post by Eurisko2012

Satellites cant see underground, Iran can blind CIA spy satellites,which is why they had to resort to drones, which subsequently got hacked. No amount of spy satellites can see everything.

If we learned from our mistakes, why did seal team six get smoked and burnt to a crisp?
edit on 3-1-2012 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

You say that our drone got hacked. Are you claiming that that is how the Iranians took the drone down? Anyways that drone was expendable, nothing on that drone technologically was a loss to us don't act like it was a big deal that we lost a little drone its not the first one that has gone down.

And just a little note. If Iran attacked any UN or US ship trying to come through that straight they would be obliterated and their threat of stopping any ship from going through is not going to stop NOT ONE ship from attempting to go through.

-Alien

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by longtermproject

You really have to think things through. Yes a carrier can go fast.

Will it go 70mph? No .. not even if it's able to.

A carrier will go as fast as it's protection screen will go, and not 1 knot faster. It's way too valuable to go naked like that as the 70 mph speed you're fixated on doesn't out run any missiles anyone is aware of.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Well, if we do feel we have to engage Iranians it will be because they shut down the Strait of Hormuz. We have enacted financial embargos on Iran because of their nuclear program and they have threatened to close the Strait unless we lift the embargo. America is commited to keeping this oil passage open as roughly 1/3 of the world's oil pass through it. So, there is a real possibility shots will be fired.

However, it's doubtful Iran will engage us with their navy. Why would they have to? Their recent war game was for public consumption. In fact, Iran posesses the latest and greatest in antiship missiles, courtesay of both Russia and France. These weapons will be launched from both ground sites and from aircraft, and the air launches against American warships will happen from within Iranian airspace. They won't even have to fly over water. Now what is a real concern is that there's been quite a lot written about our Naval ships ability to defend against newer supersonic low flying antiship missiles. Our Ageis groups don't seem to be able to detect them far enough away from a ship to engage them consistantly. Apparently, we can't get all of them fired at one of our ships. You guys may want to google the subject and read up before answering this post.

Bottom line. Iran could quite possibly hurt us, and stop all oil traffic via the Strait of Hormuz, at least for a while. Now, having typed this, I will say that it's a mystery to me why they want to take this path. Ultimately, they can't win a confrontation with America, and they're not dummies ... they know this. Sure, they'll get their cheap shots in and we will then proceed to bomb them back to the stone age.

Ultimately, I think what we are all watching is a game of chess where both militaries are but pieces on the board. What we don't know ... or rather, what I don't know, is what Iran really wants. But I'm pretty sure it isn't war with America.
edit on 3-1-2012 by averageGuy505 because: spelling

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Seems like the OP is on a flight of fancy with a secret little wet dream to see America taken down a notch just like that Kenyan Marxist clown sitting in the White House.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by averageGuy505

In fact, Iran posesses the latest and greatest in antiship missiles, courtesay of both Russia and France.

LOL! Best laugh I've had all day.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by OWSisdead

Originally posted by averageGuy505

In fact, Iran posesses the latest and greatest in antiship missiles, courtesay of both Russia and France.

LOL! Best laugh I've had all day.

Read

en.wikipedia.org...:Anti-ship_missiles_of_Iran

I thought you guys were bright on this board. Apparently this poster is completely unarmed.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by averageGuy505

Speaking of bright, maybe you post a link that has someting to do with the topic.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by randomname

From a Naval Veteran that drove an Aircraft Carrier in the Arabian Gulf (As the Navy calls it..) and in the Med during Bosnian conflict for years. I will address the obvious here:

1. Small craft are easily identified and neutralized. Aircraft carriers cary....wait for it... Aircraft, which were not part of the exercise. One F-18 can destroy a whole fleet of small craft in 5 minutes. One aircraft carrier has as many as 100on deck, and can carry 100 more in the hangar bay. AWACS would be deployed and helos would drop sonobuoys in a perimeter. Maybe 1-2 could get thru if right circumstances, but not enough to matter..

2. An aircraft carrier, despite some posters insistence, can survive a missile attack. Planes carrying armed missiles have caught fire many many many times on an aircraft carrier, and not taken the flight deck out.

3. One word, submarines.. Their Navy would be history within 1 week of tactical strikes..

4. The scenario in the simulation involved a terrorist group. IRAN is a STATE... See... this isn't like the gulf war, against an non-uniformed enemy. A "state" that actually goes to war against the US would be a smoking hole in the earth within minutes, without using a single nuke. There are many conventional weapons we have now that are more powerful than the Hiroshima nuke. There are weapons packages set to absolutely criopple IRAN within 15 mins of an attack on the US. The Iranian Air Defenses, radar and power grid would be the first to go. They'd be blind. Then the cruise missiles would destroy mobile radar, miltary bases and naval targets. The stealth planes would bring down every infrastructure they have within 2 days and nights... guaranteed.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
There's a whole lot of "Rah Rah USA" going on in this thread.

Are you people so blind that you WANT another war? Give it a rest. A war against Iran has a LOT more consequences than does any of our other "engagements". A LOT of good soldiers will DIE because of nonsense. I'm glad so many of you want to thump your chest to prove who's tougher. Is it your son or daughter on the line?

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by LucidDreamer85
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

All they need to do is just launch EMP missles or bombs and the war gets brought back to the 1930's....

which evens the playing field considerably........

They don't want us citizens to realize we could have an effective army for about 1 billionth of the cost.

wow we are dumb.

Speak for yourself...

Protection against the damage of a severe EMP strikes has been implemented into any important technological asset of the United States military and indeed lots of civilian assets. Although very much more needs to be done in the area of civilian assets.

-Alien

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Alien Abduct

Anyways that drone was expendable, nothing on that drone technologically was a loss to us don't act like it was a big deal that we lost a little drone its not the first one that has gone down

How do you now it was expendable? Did you work on the drone project? If it was expendebale why was obama begging for it back? How do you know there was no technological loss to us? Do you know the engineers and military personell who worked on the project and they told you?

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
The drone was expendable because at best it is a set of eyes fixed on what the ENEMY is doing.. Scouts are expendable by nature.. They are built to be expendable because they go behind enemy lines ahead of the rest of the force..

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by DerekJR321
There's a whole lot of "Rah Rah USA" going on in this thread.

Are you people so blind that you WANT another war? Give it a rest. A war against Iran has a LOT more consequences than does any of our other "engagements". A LOT of good soldiers will DIE because of nonsense. I'm glad so many of you want to thump your chest to prove who's tougher. Is it your son or daughter on the line?

You are rediculous! This war is comming whether your little liberal bleeding heart wants it or not. You best be advised to quit picking sides against your own country and get your mind right.
edit on 3-1-2012 by OWSisdead because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by justaskin

The drone may have been expendable but the technology is not, but lets not get side tracked on the drone topic. Back to why the US Navy will be sunk.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Hows this for you.....

Aviation Week postulates that these elements suggest the designers have avoided 'highly sensitive technologies' due to the near certainty of eventual operational loss inherent with a single engine design and a desire to avoid the risk of compromising leading edge technology.

Lockheed Martin RQ-170 Sentinel
I mean duh its a no brainer dude. Only a complete idiot would send out their good stuff in a high risk low return mission, and we don't have the latest and greatest technology in the first place for being idiots

-Alien
edit on 1/3/2012 by Alien Abduct because: to add something

edit on 1/3/2012 by Alien Abduct because: spelling correction

top topics

<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join