It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why the US Navy will be destroyed in Hormuz

page: 31
<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by tpg65
The american armed forces are so poor , they are the laughing stock of the whole planet . If it wasn't for the fact that the U.S have first strike capability, America would have been invaded and defeated decades ago
Uh...

Okay.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

The american armed forces are so poor , they are the laughing stock of the whole planet . If it wasn't for the fact that the U.S have first strike capability, America would have been invaded and defeated decades ago
Uh...

Okay.

As much as you can't believe my last statement .....it is soooo true

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   
USS Stark

Anyone can challenge this but I seem to remember that they turned off the counter-measure systems because there were all sorts of small vessels in the area.

I have sailed in that general area and we had to make sure that our vessel was well identified because there are several navies operating there on the best most peaceful day of the week.

The tip of the Arabian side actually belongs to Oman even though the rest of the area is belongs to the UAE.

Take a look at the map here so you can see what I mean.

Originally posted by pteridine
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

That is true, the Stark was hit by Exocets. Note that the Stark did not have defense systems online and, at that time, the lookouts were not trained to visually recognize incoming missiles. Any ships transiting the straits of Hormuz at a time of increased tensions would have all their defense systems online and the transit would be covered by aircraft and other assets. Electronic countermeasures have also greatly improved since the attack on the Stark and your OP and examples are unrealistically out of date.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
America has the power to wipe out any country at will . The US have first strike capability , which means even if they launch their weapons late , they still have the technology to wipe out any incoming threat . All the major countries in the world know this and that is why the US is allowed to walk all over any resistance

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sharpenmycleats
reply to post by tpg65

Tpg65 what a moronic statement. The americans pay for the navy. Last i checked we were still the largest economy in the world, so if we want to allocate some of that wealth to have our Navy put a first class whoopin on your dumbass I sure we could come up with the cash. Does your mom know you are in her basement on the internet typing in stupid stuff?

I have reported your last post to the mods

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by tpg65

Hahaha, I stand by my comments. Based on your reply i am pretty sure they were all true.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Alien - for the love of God - do me a favor.

Will you please for the respect of the millions of people including the 58,000 Americans who died - give up on this?

Take Yankee Stadium and fill every seat. Now add 8,000 more people on the playing field.

Imagine that all of them are men aged betwen 17 and 30.

Now kill all of them by shooting, burning and blowing them up.

Picture that!

What part of that sounds like winning to you.

Go to a veteran center and help some vets then come back and you can tell me anything and I will listen to you.

Originally posted by Alien Abduct

Originally posted by BRAVO949
It just amazes me that any American can say that the United States won the war in Vietnam.

We lost the war in every way.

Technically America never declared war on anyone in Vietnam, it was a "police action", so America technically never fought a war in the first place.
De jure though, it was a defeat as, despite not losing a single battle and inflicting far greater casualties than suffered, the US failed in its political objectives, namely the defense of South Vietnam.

South Vietnam lost the Vietnam War not the US. The Vietnam War was a civil war in which the US was a third party. North and South Vietnam had been at war with each other before the US entered the conflict and were at war with each other after the US left the conflict.

To say the US lost the Vietnam War would be like saying the Soviet Union won the Vietnam War instead of saying North Vietnam won the Vietnam War. It was not our war to win or lose. The US should not be blamed for South Vietnam's shortcomings and lack of will. The US can give all the money and weapons to the South as it wants to, but the South has to have the will and desire to win and they did not have that. Therefore the loss is theirs, not ours.

--- It is widely considered that "America lost the Vietnam war." But (as previously explained) saying that America lost the war is a misstatement. It was misunderstood at the time of the war.

North Vietnam had indeed signed a peace agreement with the United States to leave South Vietnam and maintain a demilitarized zone, much as had been done in Korea. The North signed this agreement, waited until the United States had pulled almost all troops out of South Vietnam, and then attacked, and easily overtook the South.

Did we win? We won on honesty and integrity, both of which the North Vietnamese failed to display once the power of the United States had left. Although the US committed enormous resources and defeated the communists in tactical engagements time and again, there was a lack of will to do the things that have to be done to win a war: Go on the offensive, advance into enemy territory, seize the military initiative, and so forth.

In Korea, the US advanced all the way through North Korea to China at one point, although it was later forced back. The communists worried that the US might do this again, so they had an incentive to keep the truce. In Vietnam, treaties were signed, but the fighting went on.

Eventually, US public opinion tired of an endless, defensive war. Congress ordered an end to direct US military involvement in August 1973. US financial aid to South Vietnam was cut off in August 1974 and Saigon fell to the communists in April 1975.

Source

-Alien

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by tpg65

Actually, the US spends more money on its military and defense than any other country.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   

reply to post by tpg65

Hahaha, I stand by my comments. Based on your reply i am pretty sure they were all true.

We shall see .
America is the biggest threat to world peace since Adolph Hitler .

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Some here play chess some play checkers.

The country the US is wiping out these days with its military is itself - financially.

America has the power to wipe out any country at will . The US have first strike capability , which means even if they launch their weapons late , they still have the technology to wipe out any incoming threat . All the major countries in the world know this and that is why the US is allowed to walk all over any resistance

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by bigyin

Right, drag, but more power compensates.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by apodictic
reply to post by tpg65

Actually, the US spends more money on its military and defense than any other country.

en.wikipedia.org...

The amount of expenditure doesn't detract from the fact that the US armed forces are made up from the dreggs of your society

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by tpg65

Very ignorant statement.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by apodictic
reply to post by tpg65

Very ignorant statement.

Do some research before you call me ignorant . The US is made up of some of the most ill educated people on the planet , why would the armed forces be any different ?

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   

reply to post by tpg65

We shall see .

Your avatar looks like a stereotypical Nazi officer.
I find that amusing.
The biggest threat to world peace is not America; it's any nation or cause with nuclear capabilities and the arrogance to assume hegemony over presumed "inferior" peoples or philosophies. And that list is only going to grow as time goes on it appears. Dialogue is important, do neo Nazis embrace dialogue?

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Good Lord.This topic has become a stream of BS with the glass Iran wannabes and the pro-iranian bunch.

UNDERSTAND ONE THING!!! ATTACKING IRAN HAS POTENTIAL TO START WW3 !!! Are you willing to risk that?

reply to post by Threadfall

do the zionists and the bankers who have hijacked Congress embrace it? No.

edit on 2-1-2012 by ludwigvonmises003 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by tpg65

I think YOU'RE the one who should be doing some research. I shouldn't even be wasting my time acknowledging your existence. You're already a lost cause. Keep on hating.

Carry on.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Threadfall

reply to post by tpg65

We shall see .

Your avatar looks like a stereotypical Nazi officer.
I find that amusing.
The biggest threat to world peace is not America; it's any nation or cause with nuclear capabilities and the arrogance to assume hegemony over presumed "inferior" peoples or philosophies. And that list is only going to grow as time goes on it appears. Dialogue is important, do neo Nazis embrace dialogue?

You are so happy in you immaturity . Your country is so depleted of natural resources that it will make up any propoganda just to steal the resourses of another country . Wake up FFS

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by tpg65

I would suggest you not make such provocative statements.Yes,the ground forces are not the best.But the Navy and the airforce is best.Missile corps and artillery ,Russia hands down.
edit on 2-1-2012 by ludwigvonmises003 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join