It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why the US Navy will be destroyed in Hormuz

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Seriously.......speed boats?

That's like 2 guys with rpg's in a yugo against an abrams. This scenario that you found is great and all, but so is my battlefield 3 on xbox 360. Come on, get real. the U.S has had it's soldiers and Navy in conflict for umpteen years now. Battle hardened experience will win out against stealthy speed boats and luck any day.

I don't care if we were talking about the USA's fleet or India......Iran vs any country of stature would not stand a chance blow for blow. All this bickering makes me laugh, the probability of this coming to blows is minimal regardless.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
reply to post by area6

Why would the US destroy Iran if they lost the carriers fair and square? If the US loses its carriers it would be unable to destroy iran. The carrier is what is used for destroying places and once you destroy the carrier, the US would be impotent. Think about that for a second. Also I said it will destroy the US Navy in Hormuz, I did not say elsewhere.

"Fair and Square"? You realize we're talking about war here right? It's not about "fair", it's about winning...

ICBM, Sub launched cruise missiles, stealth bombers... you really seem to be putting on some blinders here.

All I'm going to say is - remember the last time a nation attacked one of our fleets and sunk a bunch of our ships. History would prove you VERY VERY wrong.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic4life

Also, America, even marine generals, wouldn't be stupid enough to put all their boats into one pond.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by gncnew

Amen. The OP seems to think that the US Navy = 1 battle group in Hormuz. IF, let me emphasize that again, IF, they manage to do any damage to any ship, Iran will have a lot more to worry about than one Navy battle group, which is still a force to be reckoned with.

link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Very informative thread S&F 4 U

And will lead to catastrophic loss of human casualties of servicemen. The sad thing war hawks see them as being expendables and disposable heroes basically just more cannon fodder for the machines agenda. Just as long as the senator, governor, bureaucrat, conservatives, liberals, general managers, bankers, presidents kids are safe and out of harms way you can bet they will send these men and women off to meet a demise with Davy Jones' Locker. Then claimed they died in honor and must be avenged hence expanding conquest.

And will be the catalyst excuse and found to justify this...

note: this is an Illustration depicting a nuclear explosion in Iran not a real photo for the critics and trolls

Pearl Harbor anyone? We seen that coming no? 911 ahhh yes it just repeats itself because they know that they "the puppet masters" can get away with treason because they can and will to no end. More meaningless death, suffering, loss, financial ruin for America. More killing brown people in the name of Liberty as the masquerade for this Zionist Imperialistic never ending blood lust only to feed the war pigs, central banking scourge control freaks.

edit on 31-12-2011 by Unknown Soldier because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-12-2011 by Unknown Soldier because: (no reason given)

link   
I`m not worried about the Iranians, Russians or Chinese. Now the IRS on the otherhand
. We are still the most kick ass military on the planet and the Russians or Chinese would never go nuclear because everyone would lose. Im pretty sure the Nimitz class was designed to take everything but a direct nuclear hit. Personally I wouldnt park one in the straight ,first I would use the Ohio Class SSGN`s (TLAMS) and take out all the land based antiship and antiair sites before I moved into the straight, follwed by the B2`s to mop up troop and reserve units. Hopefully we will stop playing in the middle east and let all those duechbags alone. Time for us to get off oil and stop being the world police...RON PAUL baby!

Bill

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhn7537
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

Ill agree that they are likely getting annoyed, but I wont agree with the OP when he suggested that if a conflict started between the US and Iran, Russia would get involved and nuke DC and NYC.... I just dont understand where people get this stuff at... It doesnt make any sense...

You are kidding right? Why does europe and the usa care so much about iran?

I only hear iran and "the west" threatning each other.

Why doesn't anyone else in the region make a ruckus about iran?

At least during the first gulf war most dictators/kings supported the war effort.

It seems to be a religious crusade of christianity, islam and judaism going at it.

A display of hypocrisy and ignorance at its best!

Russia and china WILL eventually attack if they get cornered enough. I don't think they can afford to lose many more allies in trade. It is starting to become very dangerous for all sides involved. We need more diplomacy and less threats.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
This guy obviously doesnt realize that the US has bombers capable of taking off from the US and flying non-stop round-trip sorties to Iran. Not to mention aircraft that can take of from Diego Garcia, or any one of NATO's various air bases in Asia, the Pacific, the Middle-East, Europe or anywhere else around the world. Carriers offer flexibility and convenience (and a HUGE intimidation factor) but to say the US would be impotent without them is a short cut to thinking.

Unlike OTHER countries who may have AN aircraft carrier as their SOLE means of projecting power, this is clearly not the case with the US. You are dealing with a "Super-Superpower" (and no kids i did not just coin that phrase).

Originally posted by gncnew

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
reply to post by area6

Why would the US destroy Iran if they lost the carriers fair and square? If the US loses its carriers it would be unable to destroy iran. The carrier is what is used for destroying places and once you destroy the carrier, the US would be impotent. Think about that for a second. Also I said it will destroy the US Navy in Hormuz, I did not say elsewhere.

"Fair and Square"? You realize we're talking about war here right? It's not about "fair", it's about winning...

ICBM, Sub launched cruise missiles, stealth bombers... you really seem to be putting on some blinders here.

All I'm going to say is - remember the last time a nation attacked one of our fleets and sunk a bunch of our ships. History would prove you VERY VERY wrong.

edit on 31-12-2011 by princeofpeace because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Like i said earlier, they wouldnt fit anyway.

Originally posted by Magnificient

Also, America, even marine generals, wouldn't be stupid enough to put all their boats into one pond.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
bullies always loose in the end, history has always shown this.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Better to lose at the end than in the beginning.

Originally posted by DanaKatherineScully
bullies always loose in the end, history has always shown this.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Camperguy

The Nimitz and Ford class Carriers are just as vulnerable as any other ship.

They are made of steel, you can believe they can take everything up to a nuke strike if you like, physics says otherwise.

If jet fuel can destroy the columns of the twin towers, just imagine what a thermate warhead will do to a steel ship.

Cosmic..
edit on 31-12-2011 by Cosmic4life because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07

Ill agree that they are likely getting annoyed, but I wont agree with the OP when he suggested that if a conflict started between the US and Iran, Russia would get involved and nuke DC and NYC.... I just dont understand where people get this stuff at... It doesnt make any sense...

At least during the first gulf war most dictators/kings supported the war effort.

It seems to be a religious crusade of christianity, islam and judaism going at it.

Russia and china WILL eventually attack if they get cornered enough. I don't think they can afford to lose many more allies in trade. It is starting to become very dangerous for all sides involved. We need more diplomacy and less threats.

Becasue we arent allies with them and to be honest, we have a crappy relationship with them, so obviously they would keep tabs on what they're doing...If my enemy was building nuclear weapons id be worried too.... The United States is in a position to tell other countries what they can and cant do, if someone wants to try and stop them, they are more than welcome to try...

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
That may be true but to STAY ON TOPIC the entire US Navy would not be in Hormuz which is what the OP stated.

Originally posted by Cosmic4life

They are made of steel, you can believe they can take everything up to a nuke strike if you like, physics says otherwise.

If jet fuel can destroy the columns of the twin towers, just imagine what a thermate warhead will do to a steel ship.

Cosmic..

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Cosmic..

I concur remember the USS Cole bombing? en.wikipedia.org...

That was peanuts, Iran's ordinance would pack a hell of a lot more punch then that make shift bomb. The WTC towers were "suppose" to take a hit from airliners too but look what happened. There is an old saying...where there is a will there is a way. Never under estimate your opponent. Yeah us Americuns got a really kick ass military and yes our military will Turn Iran in to a parking lot if necessary or unnecessarily. Besides we have high tech stealth boats and what people mistake for as flying saucers and things like that.

Thing is we still lose like we lost thousands of human lives and trillions of dollars all to make some prick richer. And some buddy country has more control over it's poor neighbors raping and pillaging for more land in gaza. It's pathetic. The atrocities ... to be continued

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   

even if that does turn out to be the case, the US will have it's army and it's airforce and the rest of it's navy to bring in as reinforcements. moving on...

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

Er no, the OP is talking about the Stennis Carrier group and possibly one other.

One or two other posters then exaggerated this into the whole US Navy, which of course is physically impossible.

And my comment about the Nimitz and Ford class Carriers is on topic.

Cosmic..

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07

Iran gets along with almost no one. Every nation in the region other than Syria has been pressuring the West to do something about Iran for along time. Even Russia works with US to contain Iran even though it trades with them. After a long history of assasinations, coup attempts and terror attacks in almost every muslim nation on Earth you will find that Iran is less popular in the Islamic world then even in the west.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Ummm no-the title of the thread is "Why the US navy will be destroyed in Hormuz".

The USS John Stennis is NOT the US navy. It is indeed a PART of the Navy, but is not the US Navy. OP needs to change the title then if this is not what is meant but they have failed to do so after being called out numerous times so we can only infer that his title stands as to his belief.

reply to post by princeofpeace

Er no, the OP is talking about the Stennis Carrier group and possibly one other.

One or two other posters then exaggerated this into the whole US Navy, which of course is physically impossible.

And my comment about the Nimitz and Ford class Carriers is on topic.

Cosmic..

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join