It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World Leaders Should Ride Into Battle With The Military

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
I have a problem with modern day leaders sending all of us to war without riding along side during battle. Any leader with war making power should himself or herself have to do battle, if this is a cause he or she truly believes in. I believe if this were to be made a law, maybe people would think twice about all this warmongering. Even a member of congress should have to either serve in battle or send their first born child (male or female) in their place. Some sort of mandatory overseas action, especially for the president. He should have to serve longest. Lets see how many conflicts we step into under the name of humanity.Why should these people be sitting in their office, living it up while our soldiers spill blood for their decisions? If it truly is a decision they really stand for, then they can be like the strong ancient kings who fought side by side with their men.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by stonebutterfly

Definantly agree with this. Didnt they used to do this in the medeival time period and before?

Something else I would love to see, is 2 leaders just go and box it out instead of sending thousands of troops to die. For example....Obama and Mahmoud Ahmadinejad get in the ring and just box it out.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by buni11687
reply to post by stonebutterfly

Definantly agree with this. Didnt they used to do this in the medeival time period and before?

Something else I would love to see, is 2 leaders just go and box it out instead of sending thousands of troops to die. For example....Obama and Mahmoud Ahmadinejad get in the ring and just box it out.

I'd pay good money to see that! Could be a whole new hit reality show or a new episode of "Ready to Rumble!" Wonder how long before it's on cable, or as the White House refers to it, Cabal.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   
A more workable solution in my opinion would be like in Heinlein's Starship Troopers, where only veterans can vote and run for office. At the very least a politicians should be involved in something which inspires a duty to society and its people, not to themselves and their parties and lobbyists
edit on 31-12-2011 by Mkoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by bobs_uruncle

The only nation that I believe that would be unstopable with the boxing thing, would be Russia....Putin is a beast from what I hear.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Mkoll

Thats a great idea, a veteran has seen war. At vet knows what it really means, that its not just a game. I think that should be introduced as a law. Only vets can serve and vote.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

Putin takes down tigers hunting! Hes one bad *** dude.

top topics

join