It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cell Phone Weirdness

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Okay so this may not be paranormal, but it sure aint like nothing I ever experienced before. To fill you in, I have had crossed wireless signals with my cellphone before; it's happened a few times, rarely though, not really much and usually it's really static and hard to hear what the person is saying. But just last night I was calling my friend to see if I could come over for coffee. I got her voicemail, hers is a pre-recorded message "you have reached the voicemail box of ###-###-#### please leave a message after the tone" and then the beep comes on. Ok so anyway after several rings I got her voicemail and it says the normal"You've reached the voicemail box of #_" then goes straight to a man's voice clear as a bell, seamless, no pause or drag or static,etc and he says "It's the 28th, are you going?" I said "What?" and threw the phone cause it freaked me out!!! Well tonight I told her about it. And she said she got my message of me saying "What?" and nothing else she didn't even know who it was cause her phone (Also a cell) never registered the call at all. What's weirder mine doesn't have it down in my call log as placing a call to her at that time. I have thought of the normal explanations but they simply do not make sense. The most prominent reason being that both phones did not register the call. My daughter was present too, so she saw me throw the phone and then I told her what happened right then.
What is weird also is the night before I was watching those youtube videos of wierd voicemails/texts lol most of which were dumb and obviously spoofed numbers/pranks. But this is real I wish i could have recorded it!!!

So yes there may be a normal explanation for this, I just don't understand my phone not registering the call made out of my phone, that has NEVER happened, though a lot of times the missed calls are known to not register because of a dead zone/bad area. So even with those factors MY phone should have registered that I made a call (even if it's a dropped call it registers!) And it could have been crossed wireless signals/interference, but that still does not explain My phone not registering the outgoing call and Me NOT erasing anything off my call log at all, I have calls still logged from last week I rarely ever erase the call log!
edit on 30-12-2011 by ldyserenity because: space

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
it was the guy listening in on your calls he probably forgot to mute his mic.... so they hacked your phone to remove evidence....LOL

lol it's interesting never had anything like that but the older cells i would get crossed and hear full conversations.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by GodofWar411
it was the guy listening in on your calls he probably forgot to mute his mic.... so they hacked your phone to remove evidence....LOL

lol it's interesting never had anything like that but the older cells i would get crossed and hear full conversations.

Yeah I had that with older phones never with this one.
I don't know why they'd listen into my phone calls I am sure by that time they'd be so bored they may "Forget to mute their mic" just to get some action and not have wasted their technology maybe.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   
All I can say is that when this happened it just didn't feel like a normal interference it felt wrong, I am hoping the one reply to this thread is true which would set off my spidy senses. At least if my line's being tapped I know I don't gotta worry about nothing, cause I am the most boring person alive and plus I don't make many calls or talk that much. And I also know that the person must be hating his/her job because it is probably boring them to tears.

But I am afraid to go to sleep. because it may be paranormal. And that scares the living you-know-what out of me!!!!
edit on 31-12-2011 by ldyserenity because: spelling

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 03:21 AM
link   
sorry bud,but i wasn't trying to freak you out i was just being sarcastic ......

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Modern digital phones can't suffer from "crossed radio signals" as the first generation analogue phones did a lot,I worked in London in the late 80s/early 90s and a call to one person could easily end up with 3 or 4 people all talking at once.
But even modern cellphones still have a fairly basic radio receiver inside them (basic compared with what we can make nowadays) that could be susceptible to picking up signals from VERY strong local radio transmitters.This was more likely a network glitch,I recently had a text message sent to me which from the other end looked as if I'd received and opened it,when at my end I never got the message.Very occasionally the network just loses dtata,or routes it wrong,knowing that any given network could be handling tens of thousands of calls at the same time means that once in a while even a well oiled machine can miss a beat.

Last week my Samsung Galaxy S suddenly went from about 50% battery to 0% in about 20 minutes (I can get up to four days with light use) and when I plugged the charger in,the calendar had set itself to February 1972.Even when I forget to hang up calls or leave GPS switched on it lasts hours rather than minutes
edit on 31-12-2011 by Imagewerx because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   
This random but I thought it might be interesting to contribute to the thread. Last year I lost my phone and I didnt have the money to replace it so I got cheap flip phone. One night I was at work in a area where my phone always loses reception, watching tv. I pulled out my cell to check the time and my phone said "feb 2016" don't remember the date but it was the same.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 05:53 AM
link   
I don't know if this helps, but I had a cell phone which I discovered could turn off the monitor on my laptop. The hard drive and operating system would still be running, but the monitor just simply shut off. I talked to some friends and one of my friends suggested that the phone was fighting for the frequency of the monitor. Granted, this never happened with other cell phones, just one in particular...I think it was a Net10 phone of some sort.

Therefore, perhaps your phone is picking up frequencies that don't belong?
edit on 31-12-2011 by ghostwithorangeeyes because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-12-2011 by ghostwithorangeeyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

So, where were you supposed to go on the 28th????
Is this date important??

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by rangersdad

Is this date important??

Nope not to me, unless it was death calling

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
The odd thing all that day the top of my head actually vibrated like a bell off and on all day. It was like my head was in the middle of a bell and it would "Ring" on and off, no pain but just like it vibrated. I just recalled this as I was laying down last night after writing this thread. This has not happened before or since that same day.
Maybe electromagnetic intereference that affected me physically too. Or maybe I should get a new phone, maybe it is putting out the brain cancer causing elctromagnetics hardcore? It was a very weird feeling and I don't know how to really accurately describe it really well.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by GodofWar411
sorry bud,but i wasn't trying to freak you out i was just being sarcastic ......

No you didn't freak me out, The idea of someone tapping my phone is a lot better than it being paranormal, it's the paranormal I don't want any part of, you're fine. That's why I said then they probably got so bored they unmuted the mic just to have fun with me.

Crossed signals sounds most probable, it was just the feeling it gave me, which never came with any other crossed signals I have gotten before. Also it was a little freaky because I had been thinking about something that would include the line "Are you going?" that day, sort of a little story I was going to write for the short story contest here at ATS, which had that line in the story, but no date thought up and to hear that particular sentence was a bit unnerving. (A story about Death and Rebirth writing contest, short story forum)

I must reiterate though that as of yet I have only thought about the story nothing is written down yet and it was never mentioned out loud!

Coincidence, probably but it was just really unnerving.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity

Originally posted by rangersdad

Is this date important??

Nope not to me, unless it was death calling

Now come on... Just take this as an error and go on with your life. There are way more important things for you to do then think about death calling you. We're not in a cheap japanese Horror flick
edit on 31-12-2011 by Hellas because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Hellas

I was being funny...sorry I guess I should have clarified...

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity
The odd thing all that day the top of my head actually vibrated like a bell off and on all day. It was like my head was in the middle of a bell and it would "Ring" on and off, no pain but just like it vibrated. I just recalled this as I was laying down last night after writing this thread. This has not happened before or since that same day.
Maybe electromagnetic intereference that affected me physically too. Or maybe I should get a new phone, maybe it is putting out the brain cancer causing elctromagnetics hardcore? It was a very weird feeling and I don't know how to really accurately describe it really well.
Maybe you tapped into another dimension a dimension of sight and sound you've just crossed over into the twilight zone....I think I should turn off the twilight zone marathon!

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Personally i've also had some weirdness with my cell phone, albeit years ago.
Back then I met thiz girl online, and she got missed calls from me, and vice versa. The phone logs indicated there had been no calls made, which i already knew because i was hard at work. And it was a clamshell model phone, so pocket dialing was out of the question.

Also, later in e middle of a conversation the connection would turn to static, and i could hear someone say my name, which made me freak out.. I know of some spirits, and even Artemis, but they said they had no way of doing this. Untill this very day i still dont know who or what that was..

Edit: i really would like to know what happened there, eventhough its been like 15 years since it last happened..
edit on 1-1-2012 by TommyD because: Added the edit :-)

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Hi, I can't say catagorically that this explains your experience but you may have heard that we are in midst of huge cycle of CMEs, (Coronal Mass Ejections) from the Sun, sometimes refeered to as Solar Storms, which play havoc with electrical or electronic systems and equipment, especially computer, radio, television and telecommunication operation and transmission. This can result in periodic interupptions and strange experiences, ranging from the inability of TVs, radios and digital telephones to lock in a signal; especially cable, wifi, broadband and digital cells phone transmission.

So, you can never tell when your cell phone might be effected by a cme's electro-magnetic interference with these systems; you might experiece the inablity to watch your cable TV for a short time because the signal has been interrupted or, as in your case, strange crossed signals and mnaybe even stranger things than that.. Personally, I have seen some pretty bizarre intermittant behavior from my Sprint cell phone, my laptop and broadband internet signal. According to NASA and most astronomers, this cycle of CME activity won't even peak until sometime in 2013; so it looks like things are going to get a lot worse before they get better.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by acmpnsfal

Awesome! Someone from the future was calling you!

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Update: On January 28, 2012 the guy that I shared 18 years of my life with and had three children with left me for a FaceBook skank ho. Yes it was someone trying to get me to be aware and preparing me for this.

new topics

top topics

join