It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

List your top 3 favourite games of all time!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
1. Obviously the whole Assassins Creed series I don't think there is any game ever made better than any of these
2. The Crash Bandicoot games were awesome as a child!
3. Fallout New Vegas was great

This is just a quick off the top of the head 3 i could probably pick 2 better if i had time ( obviously nothing beats AC)

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Violence

Wow, only 3 games? Hmm...How about a top 5? And a series will count as 1, Cause I said so.

1) MW3. Sorry, I know It's a terrible choice, but the multiplayer is just FAR too addicting.
2) The Mass Effect Series.
3) Silent Hill 2.
4) The Gears of War series.
5) The Bioshock series.

- I'd have included Skyrim if it didn't have so many blasted bugs and glitches. That game infuriated me so much that I wanted to drop a 1000lb J-Dam on Bethesda HQ.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Mortal kombat II PS1

GTA San Andreas PS2

Metal Gear Solid 1 2 & 4.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
1) Goldeneye (N64) - Man, I still occasionally play this game (and keep the N64 around just for it).

2) Galaga (old school arcade) - I still will put a quarter or two in to play this when I see one standing somewhere (usually at a movie theater). Of course, I'll have to go in the movie way before I'm actually going to die in the game...

3) Elder Scrolls (collection of games on XBox 360) - This whole series is simply addictive. Sneaking around, firing an arrow of death from the shadows, getting a house, riding a horse, swimming underwater...just incredible.

- I'd have included Skyrim if it didn't have so many blasted bugs and glitches. That game infuriated me so much that I wanted to drop a 1000lb J-Dam on Bethesda HQ.

Guess I haven't seen these yet. Though I'm sure there are bugs. It's such a huge game.
edit on 15-2-2012 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Super Mario - SNES
Sonic - Sega Genesis
Silent Hill Series - PS2

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
BattleField 3
Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare
Age of Empires

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Final Fantasy VIII
Resident Evil
Clayfighter

...lol ok maybe not clay fighter in the top 3 but that was a great game!

Probably Goldeneye 64 would be 3 but there is so many games out there to make a top 3 its really difficult to compile all their merits.

Good thread

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnonymousKid
BattleField 3
Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare
Age of Empires

Not a bad list. Course, other than the Jets, I like Battlefield Bad company 2 better than Battlefield 3. I also liked Age Of Empires 2 with the Conquers expansion better than Age of Empires 1. 3 was garbage in my opinion. Graphics were nice though. Battlefield series dominate Call of Duty as well, but COD is still a great game.

Blast from the past?

1. Berzerk.

2. Pitfall

3. Adventure

~SheopleNation

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
3) Elder Scrolls (collection of games on XBox 360) - This whole series is simply addictive. Sneaking around, firing an arrow of death from the shadows, getting a house, riding a horse, swimming underwater...just incredible.

Never understood the love for Bethesda Games. They are all the same:
- Extremely simple and linear
- Paper-thin NPCs who are completely uninteresting, have nothing to say and no personality
- simple combat, created for console gamers
- boring, cliche-ridden story, with plot-twists you see miles ahead
- despite being an RPG, what you do has basically no influence on the world, the characters don't react, don't care, don't give a #. If you steal in Ultima 7, the NPCs will avoid you, if you kill someone in Gothic 2, everybody hates you and wants your head. In Elder Scroll? Not much happens, in Fallout 3 you can nuke an entire town and nobody gives a #.
- always the same "go there, get that item, bring it back" quest or "go there, kill him, done" over and over again
- With help, there's no exploring and searching, they flat-out show you were to go, what to do, as if it was made for retards who will get lost if they travel 10 meters away from a town
- boring world made out of the same copy & paste houses, either completely unreal looking (Fallout 3 featuring burned houses with brandnew looking interior) or just boring (every city ever done in any Bethesda game)
- more often than not the Skilltree isn't balanced and a lot of skill don't do anything at all (Really bad in Oblivion)
If anything, those games just proves that 80% of the gaming audience are graphic whores. As long as it looks 'great' and some nerds can jerk-off to the pixels, who cares about the Gameplay.
There's a reason so many people said that Oblivion was only good after installing about a 100 mods and enhancements made by the community, so it resembles an RPG.

Everybody who says he loves RPGs should check out some real RPGs: Ultima 6-7, Baldur's Gate 1-2, Fallout 1-2, Planescape Torment, Gothic 1-2, Icewind Dale 1-2, Neverwinter Nights 1-2, just to see what a real RPG with an interesting world, interesting storyline and NPCs/Party Members who you will remember for years and decades (There's a reason why Minsc remains one of the most popular and well known RPG characters of all time, even though he was only appears in 2 games released in 1998 and 2000), look like.

And it's extremely difficult to name just 3 games of all time. I played thousands of games and loved so many.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
1. Diablo II
2.Chrono Trigger
3.Amnesia: The Dark Descent

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 05:19 AM
link   
1) World of Warcraft

2) Grand Theft auto San Andreas

3) Super Mario Kart (Super Nes, Yes old school & Im old whatever lol).

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 05:44 AM
link   
1) gorf: www.youtube.com...

2) killzone : www.youtube.com...

3) star trek Strategic Operations Simulator: www.youtube.com...

Honorable mention:
castlevania lament of innocence www.youtube.com...

baldur's gate dark alliance: www.youtube.com...

-subfab

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Final Fantasy 7: I just started a new game 4 days ago. I haven't played this game, and I say it's been 7 Years now?

Road Rash: Sega Genesis system: This was just a fun game for it's time and still to this day. I should download a emulator and replay this game sometime.

General Chaos: Sega Genesis system: Another Sega Genesis game to add to my list. This is just fun to play with friends or people. Blue VS Red team on a war battle field. And a class for each unit type. Look up some You Tube video on this it's funny stuff.

I tried to post Youtube links but they ain't working.
edit on 7-3-2012 by Evanvoid because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
gears of war 3

mass effect 3 (cant wait for it to come to the shelves)

battlefield 3

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Glad to see some serious gamers here.
My alltime fav's are:
1.Metroid
2.GTA
3.Any Bethesda game(even though I have lost respect for them).

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
zelda ocarina of time

half life 2

battlefield 3

as a kid it was

zelda ocarina of time

crash bandicoot

spyro

mario/sonic

mortal kombat
edit on 20-3-2012 by yourmaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 04:21 AM
link   
1.) MW3 PS3
2.) Golden Eye N64
3.) Need For Speed 2 PS2

My forth would be Side Pocket for Sega then FF7 the original PS.

Never noticed it but my top five games are all on different systems.

EDIT: My sixth would have to be Mortal Kombat for Super Nintendo again on a different System.

My seventh again on a different system would be Echo for Sega Saturn.

Eighth would again on a different system would be Gallica for Atari.

Damn, I never noticed that before. All on different systems.
edit on 22-3-2012 by ringlejames because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 04:30 AM
link   
reply to post by TranscendentSnake

You mw3 comment is spot on. I aint afraid to say it. Best game ever made. No game other than futuristic virtual reality games will EVER EVER top MW3. It was literally my favorite game after my first match I played which was in the dome.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Demonte

You must not have sat down and really played multiplayer online for Modern Warfare 3. Me, I have had mine for a little over 3 months and I have played a total of 10 days 7 hours and 13 minutes. Which would be 247 hours of game play in a little over 3 months. That, that just how good this is how good this game is.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
1. Front Mission 4
The main appeal of this game for me is that it's a thinking game. First game of the series I've played and loved it.
-Strategy turn-based
-Customize-able Wanzers
-Knowing the Range of you equipement
-etc
I like games that stimulate the mind.

2. Final Fantasy X / Shenmue
Can't decide.

3. Street Fighter Series
THE first game I've ever played with my brother. Never was particularly good when I was younger but I got better. Started participating at local arcade tournaments in my teenage years and earned some quick cash

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join