It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

They Are Coning to Take You Away...! - Why?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
We see it every day; threads about how the government is coming to take everyone away, or their guns, or their children or their prized pet tortoise... It is THE ultimate conspiracy theory, really...the "the Government is evil and wants to put us all in 'FEMA' camps"-thing.

Now, I'm not saying that isn't the case...but I have a simple question that never seems to get answered...the ignored question...

Why?

Why does the government want to take away the guns?
Why does the government want to 'disappear' a significant portion of the population?

Everyone is always being paranoid about how this event is right around the corner, but it's been "right around the corner" since the early-80s....

Perhaps a second question; what would be the point?
Don't you, those who think the government is our to get you, or your guns, and lock you away, think that such an action would be the death knell of order? Don't you think that TPTB know that?

The thing is, in my opinion, "they" are extremely unlikely to do such a thing...why, after centuries, they have finally learned that overt tyranny doesn't work and, frankly, they already have you exactly where they want you...indebted, paranoid, consumer slaves. They aren't going to come for you because they gain more power over you and your actions by having you live in fear that they are coming for you.

They don't need to make you a slave to their will, because you have done it for them.

Everything else is just trivial details.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Totally agree with your frustration in response to the endless flow of scare mongering threads here on ATS.
The last time real Americans were "rounded up" was during WWII, was it not? en.wikipedia.org...

And history has shown that it was a regrettable decision. And the gov't paid reparations to Japanese Americans.

We can blame the media complex for this irrational hype.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Most likely ? It's because the people on this site prolly can't believe you have no idea.

Because of all the evidence there is for eugenics, depopulation, and control of the masses. It's getting real hard to believe there are people like you left in the world.

edit on 30-12-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by madhatr137
We see it every day; threads about how the government is coming to take everyone away, or their guns, or their children or their prized pet tortoise... It is THE ultimate conspiracy theory, really...the "the Government is evil and wants to put us all in 'FEMA' camps"-thing.

Now, I'm not saying that isn't the case...but I have a simple question that never seems to get answered...the ignored question...

Why?

Why does the government want to take away the guns?
Why does the government want to 'disappear' a significant portion of the population?

Everyone is always being paranoid about how this event is right around the corner, but it's been "right around the corner" since the early-80s....

Perhaps a second question; what would be the point?
Don't you, those who think the government is our to get you, or your guns, and lock you away, think that such an action would be the death knell of order? Don't you think that TPTB know that?

The thing is, in my opinion, "they" are extremely unlikely to do such a thing...why, after centuries, they have finally learned that overt tyranny doesn't work and, frankly, they already have you exactly where they want you...indebted, paranoid, consumer slaves. They aren't going to come for you because they gain more power over you and your actions by having you live in fear that they are coming for you.

They don't need to make you a slave to their will, because you have done it for them.

Everything else is just trivial details.

my question is would it be so bad if the population decreased? we're ruining our planet at an alarming rate and hitting the 7 billion mark in population isn't something to rejoice in. I say drop the pop and start again.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Just noticed the thread title needs editing...

Coning-->Coming

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroUnlmtd

I say drop the pop and start again.

Can you explain how you will do that and still think you can get away with it?

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Regimented birth control, something in the water to sterilize the masses, something like that. One child per family, like the Chinese. Or perhaps some good ol' fashioned deathcamps, though to be honest, active population decreasing takes quite a bit of work and is hard to cover up. The largest death camps in the world only killed about 12 million, which is somewhat of a drop in the bucket compared to the global population. The most effective way would be through some sort of virus, engineered to wipe out a large fraction of humanity.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by madhatr137

Why did the soviets (russians) and communist chinese kill millions of their own citizens? Could it be that they wanted their farmland for the state and that the only way to do it without a costly civil war would be to kill them? Could it be that other (potential) dissidents were eliminated to prevent present and future opposition also? And that was several generations ago...and now we have the issue of overpopulation relative to available natural resources. I wont even go into the credible issue of sociopaths in positions of power.......
edit on 31-12-2011 by CosmicCitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
A few million wouldn't put a dent in the population of the U.S. Even more so for China. Maybe for the European nations, death camps are an option, but for the largely populated countries, it'd be an exercise in futility. It'd be more trouble than it'd be worth, and it'd absolutely ruin public opinion of the country's governing body. No, no, no. The only option is something in the water, some sort of mass sterilizer. Of course, it's my opinion that we're too far gone. Overpopulation is a symptom, not the cause. It's over-industrialization that I have my money on for doing us in. There's a great amount of methane underneath the arctic, a ticking time bomb, melting away. Once it's time for it to pop, it's goodbye man, hello extremophiles. All the smog and carbon dioxide being pumped out by smoke-stacks, power plants, cars, factories, and so much else is accelerating it. Nuclear power's the answer, but I don't think we'll implement it in time. Once that methane pocket under the arctic pops, agriculture as we know it will become impossible, and then it'll be starvation time, mass riots, and then we have to worry about the death camps again. Of course, this time it won't be for the sake of population, but for eliminating dissidents.

new topics

top topics

join