It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Notification of a Human Case of H5N1 Bird Flu in Shenzhen

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Notification of a Human Case of H5N1 Bird Flu in Shenzhen

7thspace.com

….the patient was a 39-year-old man living in Shenzhen. He developed symptoms on December 21 and was admitted to a hospital on December 25 because of severe pneumonia. He is now in critical condition.

The man had no travel history or contact with poultry before the onset of symptoms.

Preliminary laboratory tests on the patient's specimen by the Centre for Disease Control and Prevention of Guangdong Province yielded positive result for H5N1.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
seattletimes.nwsource.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Massive Crow Deaths. …Bird Flu?
Indonesia Readies for Airborne H5N1 Bird Flu
CFIA Urging Flu Shots for Livestock Workers
Bird Flu Research Rattles Bioterrorism Field
edit on 30/12/11 by soficrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
This is the latest in a new wave of human H5N1 Bird Flu cases that appear to be airborne. Flu news from Asia and Africa has warned about dangerous new strains for some time; nations like Indonesia are prepping for a pandemic.

What's especially interesting is that this news was released on New Year's Eve day - when no one is paying attention, and after all the dire warnings about the two flu research teams that created airborne strains. Looks to me like our corporate handlers saw this coming and positioned to take the heat off industrial farming by blaming the scientists and terrorists.

And oh yeah, the guy is a bus driver.

China suspects bus driver infected with bird flu

BEIJING —
Local health authorities say a bus driver has tested positive for the deadly H5N1 bird flu virus in the southern Chinese city of Shenzhen, which borders Hong Kong where two birds were confirmed to have the same virus last week.

The 39-year-old man surnamed Chen was hospitalized with a fever on Dec. 21 and tested positive for the highly pathogenic H5N1 on Friday, said a statement on the websites of the Shenzhen city and Guangdong provincial health authorities.

7thspace.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Is that the newly engineered variant? Could be a 12 Monkeys scenario.

If it is, here we go.... who has the vaccine? Oh, of course, its the NWO lot.

edit on 30-12-2011 by chocise because: link

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
The infected man is a bus driver near Hong Kong, where 2 birds were found infected last week, and a seagull the week before. The man had NO contact with poultry - which means it very well could be airborne. If it's airborne, he probably got it from a passenger and passed it on to LOTS more people. ...Don't forget that Hong Kong is a major travel hub.

The incubation/contagious time for the flu is usually about 2-5 days; this man became critically ill 4 days after he developed symptoms. So if there is an outbreak and uncensored release of information, we should know within the week. And if there is an outbreak, it will go pandemic.

If the outbreak is already occurring, the decision was made to keep it quiet to protect business profits and what's left of the Christmas/New Year's spending spree. On the grounds that it's too late to stop a pandemic anyway.

Chinese health authorities vowed to stay in "close contact and work together" with Hong Kong and "jointly step up measures in controlling the epidemic", the report said.

....because epidemiological survey showed that patients with no history of travel within one month, and no history of contact with poultry, the authorities therefore highly concerned about the incident

Hong Kong Government Report

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by chocise

As I said in my OP - the big focus on the 2 flu research teams looks, talks, walks and smells like a COVER-UP - a strategy to blame the scientists and terrorists, and take the heat off industrial farming. Flu news from Asia and Africa has warned about dangerous new strains for some time - India is seeing massive crow deaths, and Indonesia started prepping for a pandemic quite a while ago.

From mid-November: Indonesia Readies for Airborne H5N1 Bird Flu.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

Sofi, I go by the sign of the Raven. My major concern here is its been bio engineered (and is more virulant than any natural mutation) and has now been released.... in China. What a coincidence, eh?

Let's hope not. Although tbh, in reality, something like this, once created, is bound to seep out the cracks. I sincerely hope it isn't an orchestrated release via some deceit you might imply, but hey, people being what they are nothing surprises.
edit on 30-12-2011 by chocise because: Let's hope not

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Wow - that was fast...

A couple days ago it was "We just figured out how to engineer a dangerous virus to make it even more dangerous...don't sweat it though it's for research

And now what - Oops it got out?

I'm sure this will be declared the "natural" mutation they'd been afraid would happen

But don't worry though - they have lots lots of vaccinations to sell you!

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by chocise

A release in China, especially near Hong Kong virtually guarantees a pandemic. Meaning world wide, spreading around the planet within hours.

fyi - I too am concerned about bio-engineered crap - and if you check out my old threads and posts you'll see I think the 1997 bird flu strain was definitely released as part of a Western corporate business strategy to attack Asia's poultry industry - not human population. In addition, I am VERY concerned about nano-technology for example, which is clearly far more dangerous and pervasive - but for some unknown reason, the mainstream media publishes NO criticism of the industry or its products.

I do NOT think any nation or terrorist group would release a pandemic flu strain - simply because they could not protect their own. I do think the world's "corporate leaders" are perfectly capable of doing so, but the main point is - they simply do not have to engineer it or release it.

Evolution is out of control. Nature has taken over. Yes, bioweapons are ridiculous, but so is what industry does to the world -and its molecules- every day. The outcomes are the same.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by coldkidc

Wow - that was fast...

A couple days ago it was "We just figured out how to engineer a dangerous virus to make it even more dangerous...don't sweat it though it's for research

And now what - Oops it got out?

I'm sure this will be declared the "natural" mutation they'd been afraid would happen

I have been following H5N1 bird flu, other zoonoses and the accelerated evolution on this planet for years. And posting about it here too.

We do not need bio-weapons or accidental releases. Industry has changed our planet's very molecules and everything is mutating and evolving just fine without any help at all. ....True, a lot of people have made a lot of really stupid moves and decisions - but the two scientists set up to take the flack on this one do NOT deserve it. At all.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   

As strange as it might sound, I was looking up old pals last week & one is CEO for ******* in Hong Kong .... and only yesterday I had a premonition something like this might kick off.

I'm not sure I'd agree with you thou'...going airbourne is a big deal across species, and it has been specifically engineered. If it really is airbourne, this is serious.
edit on 30-12-2011 by chocise because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by chocise

Flu usually is airborne - H5N1 was different, suggesting it was engineered as an industrial bioweapon, NOT to infect humans..

But nature being what it is.

.....H5N1 was isolated in 1959 - it disappeared into a corporate lab and did not reappear until 1997 when it wiped out Asia's poultry industry. Everything else is epilogue - including the really surprising part [not] where the little sucker mutated and evolved in the wild to infect people.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Human flu, yeah... but a species leap & airbourne? .... not so usual. This is what was so feared which made me wonder why on earth would any lab deliberately manufacture one that could.

Sofi, thanks for flagging this up as it happens, but if it really has gone airbourne & jumped species, a lot of people are going to die. What a great intro to 2012 after a disastrous 2011.
edit on 30-12-2011 by chocise because: sofi thanks

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by chocise

Human flu, yeah... but a species leap? .... not so usual.

Not at all unusual anymore - becoming more common since the 1970's or so - huge leap in new zoonoses since 2000. ....and H5N1 has been jumping between several species since it reappeared in 1997. ....Not only are cross-species infections increasingly common, but many new pathogens are crossing Kingdom barriers. Unheard of even 10 years ago.

Emerging zoonoses

Contrary to "lingering" zoonoses, public awareness of "emerging" zoonoses is very high. The WHO/FAO/OIE joint consultation on emerging zoonotic diseases held in Geneva, 3-5 May 2004, defined an emerging zoonosis as "a zoonosis that is newly recognized or newly evolved, or that has occurred previously but shows an increase in incidence or expansion in geographical, host or vector range". Emerging zoonotic diseases have potentially serious human health and economic impacts and their current upwards trends are likely to continue.

Examples are avian influenza, Bovine Spongiform Encephalitis (BSE) and the Nipah virus. Some of the "lingering" zoonoses are re-emerging in some regions, although they seem to attract less public awareness. Brucellosis, dog rabies and parasitic diseases such as cysticercosis/taeniasis and echinococcosis/hydatidosis for example.

Many factors lead to the emergence of zoonotic diseases. Environmental changes, human and animal demography, pathogen changes and changes in farming practice are a few of them. Social and cultural factors such as food habits and religious beliefs play a role too.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   
This is not good! A case in a financial hub, Hong Kong, and a victim who is a bus driver no less. I have to agree with the OP, that if a bus driver is the first reported infection? Then it is only natural that others may have come into contact with it as well. Lets hope this is an isolated incident. There is a reasonable chance that it will not be, because of it showing up in a highly populated area and a hub for international business. I hope it does not turn into this?

Not a good way to start the New Year. I will be keeping an eye on this.
edit on 30-12-2011 by Jakes51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Great. Punctuated evolution in action. M'be the higher phyla will evolve just as rapidly.
edit on 30-12-2011 by chocise because: typo

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Jakes51

yip, classic infection scenario. Either there or on the metro, a plane would be too obvious., but an airbourne version is going to be much more contagious, so the 20 million in that vid.... will be nothing, m'be 10x more fatalities, m'be more.

Barring a lack of imagination, even a bus is obvious.
edit on 30-12-2011 by chocise because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by chocise

Yeah! First a bus, then the trains, then airlines, and the international domino affect begins. I hope this is all she wrote, but I have my doubts especially considering the location of the report and the first victim's profession. To make matters worse, you guys have been going on about scientists tinkering with the bird flu as well. I know some amount of tinkering is necessary to develop vaccines and what not? However, there is always room for malice as well. I am talking about those in the bio-weapons profession. Not good at all!
edit on 31-12-2011 by Jakes51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
But hey... m'be it isn't a conspiracy... and this is just the Gaia planet using natural selection through a virus to reduce numbers? Survival of the fittest... the very young, old, already sick & infirm will die off. Is flu really such a badie? It aint ebola afteral.

If it is Gaia, it's a shame it can't target the a**es of our kind. We'll just have to wait and see how this pans out I guess.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Jakes51

Great vid Jakes51. Thanks.

fyi - The main reason I suspect a pandemic has already started is partly because of the way the media is all over the news about the synthetic strains. More info here and here - and mainly because the virus has been mutating towards airborne human-to-human transmission for several years.

Killer-Flu Debate: Should Mutant H5N1 Have Been Created?

The altered viruses developed by Fouchier's and Kawaoka's research might give researchers a better idea of how to prepare, Gambotto said.

Vaccine developers could test the existing vaccines against the lab strains to get at least some idea of how effective they might be against the mutant virus. If they don't prevent infection, then developers know they'll need something else in order to have a running start, he said.

"By the time we start seeing the first people dying, isolate a virus, generate a vaccine, it is probably one year or eight months if everything goes smoothly," he said. "But that eight months can be deadly for humanity."

The demonstration that bird flu can be coaxed into spreading easily among mammals is a wake-up call to the world that has been tuning out a potential pandemic, Robert Webster, a virologist at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital, told LiveScience.

"The virus has been around for 15 years since it appeared in Hong Kong and it first got a lot of attention, then less, and less. Even though it has [caused] 600 cases in humans and killed about 60 percent of people, people were starting to say this is an aberration, so let's move on to worry about bigger problems," Webster said. "These two papers make it clear this can happen."

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by chocise

M'be the higher phyla will evolve just as rapidly.

lol. Unlikely. Some bacteria reproduce every 9 minutes - people take quite a bit longer. Mind you, seems there's a lot we don't know about evolution. Maybe we'll be saved by epigenetics and horizontal transfer.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join