It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Through the Great Rift/2112? Perhaps. Part I (rest will follow in this thread)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Hello ATS members,
I am GovSpy911. I am pretty new to this site. I have read a lot of articles here, and even made some responses. I like a good debate when I can get one, and even play the devils advocate sometimes to get both points out. I see there are some intelligent people here. I want to share a theory with you. First of all, two objects can never touch because you can always divide the distance between the two by half. That is not my theory really, I just wanted to throw that out there.

Here is my theory, which is in addition to a few very well known and ancient thoeries.

The earth is changing, we all know that. Perhaps human kind has a lot to do with it, perhaps we had little to do with it. I feel that we may have helped it along a bit, like helping a butterfly out of its cocoon. At this point, I'm not too sure it matters. Something is always inevitable, the natural cycle of our planet is surely inevitable. As above, so below. Just like we as humans live through cycles, from inhaling and exhaling, to waking and sleeping, and so on, the universe around us lives through cycles as well.

One of these Great Cycles is the passing through the Great Rift. This "rift" is a plane between the Northern and Southern Hemispheres of the Milky Way Galaxy. This plane exends from the Milky Way's Galactic Center outward to the edges of the galaxy. There is a black hole in the center that is millions of light years across, and as thin as a sheet of paper. The Great Rift is created by this black hole and has a very important magnetic effect on the galaxy.

Just like here on Earth, remember as above, so below; the galaxy has a Northern Hemispehere, and a Southern Hemisphere. If you flush a toilet in the Northern Hemisphere the water will swirl around in a counter-clockwise direction, and it swirls clockwise in the Southern Hemisphere. This occurs because of the two different, North and South Poles. The Great Rift has North and South Poles just the same. They are the Galactic Poles. You would not want to go anywhere near them, see black hole. When Earth passes between the poles, through the rift, and into the Galactic Southern Hemisphere, the Earths Magnetic Field will change positions.

Pole Shift started out very slow, only inches per year. As Pole Shift progresses, it compounds its speed and gets faster, the faster it gets....so to speak. Pole Shift is progressing along now at about 80 mi/128.75 km per year, and getting faster. Once the North and South Poles reach the Equator, the rest of the shift will occur very rapidly, like when you suck something up slowly with a magnet. The object starts out toward the magnet, and then bank, click, it's stuck to it. The Earth will be in line with the Galactic Equator at the same time the Earths North and South Poles are in line with Earths equator. There will also be an Electromagnetic Affect.

(I have to take a short break right now but I will go ahead and post this.)
edit on 30-12-2011 by govspy911 because: I don't know why this is in Political Madness. I was trying to change it.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
May I ask for a little clarification, please? Will you connect this theory to US Political Madness, the forum that you placed it in?

The idea that two objects can never touch sounds like a restatement of Zeno's Paradox. Is that going to be important to your thread?

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by govspy911

I think what you're actually referring to is the Galactic Equator or Plane. We pass through it about every 30 million years. The last time we did it was three million or so years ago. That means we have another 11-12 millions years before the solar system reaches the apex of its oscillation at which point it will be another 15 million years before we reach the edge of the Galactic Equator. It will then take thousands, if not millions, of years to pass through the Galactic Equator itself.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
This thread ended up in here and I'm not sure why. You can see I tried to edit it and change its location but Im not sure how. Help would be appreciated.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

I would like to know where they got all those wonderful numbers.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Two objects never touch because the nucleus of one atom doesn't touch the nucleus of another atom.(except in certain natural processes)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Perhaps you are referring to a black rift or dark rift. The great rift is in africa I believe.
www.2012hoax.org...
edit on 30-12-2011 by AllUrChips because: (no reason given)

geology.com...
edit on 30-12-2011 by AllUrChips because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by mr10k

Dear mr10k,

Thank you for reminding me of that, it had slipped my mind. That "not touching" business may startle some people because I think there is a different "every day" definition for touching.

Remember the story about the physics instructor who was trying to demonstrate the point? He said "As you bring your lips closer and closer to your girlfriend's, they will never actually touch, but they'll soon be close enough for all practical purposes."

But because our OP mentioned "dividing the distance," may I stick with thinking he's referring to Zeno?

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Here's the paper on it. If you don't have a subscription to Nature you're only going to get the abstract, but there are enough sites out there that summarize the findings.

The Sun's motion perpendicular to the galactic plane

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by AllUrChips

The Great Rift is actually another term for the Dark Rift. In fact from I've found it's the more commonly accepted name by actual astronomers. 2012ers on the other hand seem to prefer Dark Rift as it has a much more ominous tone to it.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I have moved this thread to 2012 where it belongs. Please go there to comment on this thread.
edit on 30-12-2011 by govspy911 because: Stop thread

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on Sat Dec 31 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

top topics

join