It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is anyone seeing a black line and a white line spanning the night sky?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
a friend sent me this link...

www.chemtrailcentral.com...

It looked exactly like this, but not as close together. And instead of drifting apart, they crossed paths.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
I have seen this, back in 2002 if I recall correctly. In southern California. It was not stationary, but moved with the rotation of the earth, slightly SSW to NNE and seemed to be in the 1k to 2k foot range. It is NOT a chemtrail or other airplane residue. It is perfectly straight, seemed not to curve or conform to the curvature of the earth. I saw it over three nights, same time. No clue what it was/is but you are not alone in seeing it.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
The only thing I can think of, is a faint view of the Milky Way, but you say the lines appeared in the foreground to the moon?

EDIT: It varies on how you see it, depending on time, location, light pollution and other factors, but here is a couple of pics:

edit on 31/12/11 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Whatever you are smoking, please send me some. I have never heard of the Terminator being visible by somebody on the ground.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   
I agree with the contrail shadow assessment put forth previously. I have seen contrail shadows many times.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Maybe something to do with the solar flares that hit yesterday? There were supposed to be auroras visible in some places, and maybe this caused an effect on contrails from a couple of jets? Just a guess, I don't know if that's possible.....just throwin it out there.....

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
reply to post by Xcathdra

Whatever you are smoking, please send me some. I have never heard of the Terminator being visible by somebody on the ground.

Hence the reason I explained how it would work in my post.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I have to bring this back from the dead.
Last night at about 1am, after cleaning up from a small get together with the neighbors, my buddy and i noticed this same white line across the sky.
It ran from east to west. It was like a white rainbow across the sky. Very odd. I really want to know what this is. Its impossible to get a picture......with my camera anyway.
First place i thought to check was ATS!
Anyone?

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by PAranormal

Why did I know this would be chemtrail related?

And we are off again on the trail of non-existant chemtrails. I would give you a thumbs up for your unique way of introducing the photo, but my thumb is tired and needs to rest.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I have seen the white contrail looking line on multiple occasions at around 1am. I have never seen the black line that the OP described. In south florida.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by sligtlyskeptical

I have to say, ive never seen the black line either. Only the white. And it was a perfect line. No zig zags

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 10:06 PM
link   
I am seeing this right now. Central oklahoma. White line moving from SSW to NNE. Pretty fast movement. Could not get a picture or video with any of my cameras. Perfectly straight and kind of erie.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 03:17 AM
link   
If you've got a very thin layer of clouds or ice crystals and a bright moon, an airplane laying down a contrail above the cloud layer will leave a contrail shadow that's "projected" onto the cloud layer.

As the contrail shifts with the wind, the shadow line can vanish, move over the contrail, or swap sides.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 03:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: PAranormal

It looked exactly like this, but not as close together. And instead of drifting apart, they crossed paths.

That's a contrail shadow.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join