It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why you will not resist when the government comes for you or your guns

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by intelligenthoodlum33
Gotta love all the tough talk and bravado here. Unfortunately, if they wanted your guns all they would have to do is engineer a rash of public shootings and put the talking heads on TV to work......after that most of the sheeple would be begging to turn them in.

After that, those who resisted would be branded domestic terrorists and would have to deal with highly trained and better equipped government.

Let's not underestimate their cleverness when it comes to controlling the masses. They have centuries of practice.

Man, that's morbid. I apologize for it and hope I am wrong.

That is currently happening in N.E. Ohio. The crime rates and murder rates from guns are extremely high. The Mayor of Cleveland held a Gun buy-back drive this past September to test the waters.

blog.cleveland.com...

One could make an argument that the U.S. federal government is attempting to "gauge" a perceptible threat level from this city to manufacture a control model.

This model is only representative of a mid-sized Midwestern urban city with a population of a little under 400,000, and could be expanded or deflated to represent any other urban city in the United States.

People were pouring in for those measly $100 gift certificates to trade in their guns. The psychology behind the drive alone gives numerous data points for any government entity interested in disarming the general public.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Complete bs IMO, people will lose especially if they give up their guns withou resisting.

The simplest way to resist gun confiscation is to get a small community together and say "not a bloody chance". Then TPTB have two choices, shoot everyone or leave then alone. If they start shooting people it will be over for TPTB before it even begins.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ranger_Ric
First of all know this... They are not coming for your guns, they are coming for you!

Come get some.

The military may be well trained, but the best are working in the private sector.
Money talks, and military pay is not competitive.

"They" will never take our guns, or try to take US.
"They" know it is a war they can not win.

We out man "them", and out gun "them".

UAV's and predator drones are great over desert wastelands where simple farmers don't have .308 rifles with 40x scopes hanging on their walls and long range deer rifles.

The Soldiers that DID comply would be too busy guarding TPTB's finacial intrests to attack us, and the bulk of the military would be against any armed action towards US citizens.

It's a cool exercise in theoretical strategy, but in reality, "They" cannot take our guns even if "they" wanted to, and "they" know better than to try and attack us with military force.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by kerazeesicko
reply to post by HellstormRising

Been watching a bit too much movies...

I can here the tag line for the movies you watch...they have takne his family...etc..they messed with the wrong man...get real..they will do as they please...any resistance you give will be small and insignificant..and no real threat to anyone.

You don't know who I am so I'll take your ignorance and post as proof that you have no spine.

A disarmament of the population is not a good thing in any manner. Although yes, my response did garner a typical action flick I wouldn't be stupid enough to go it alone. Also I wouldn't be fighting just for my family, it would be yours or anyone else who was caught up in the mess. A war cannot be fought without soldiers and those who were once hostage to an enemy will know their resolve.

I can contact at least 100 gun owners in a matter of minutes thanks to some networks I have that feel the exact same way that I do so don't be so quick to judge.

Anyone who thinks that just rolling over and looking the other way is going to make their situation better is naive and will fall into hands that would manipulate, use and trash them just because they can.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeningAmerica
reply to post by Vitchilo

Your a quack...I will die for my country and never submit. EVER!

Good for you. I don't think the majority of people will have the balls to do like you unfortunately.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Here's the deal when that time comes. Your choice is either fight, and probably be killed, or surrender to certain death.

I agree, but the majority of people just will not believe the last part ``fight now or surrender to certain death`` or enslavement. People will just NOT believe this. They don't know history. They don't know who really run this world. ``It cannot happen here`` they will think.

It's not academic - I've faced that choice, and let me tell ya, it's a sinking feeling.

And you were trained for it and you were already somewhat ``prepared`` for it. The general public is NOT... not at all.

But like you say, veterans know and are prepared. If there's any armed resistance movement in the US at some point, it's gonna be from veterans and active military. They need not to die, but to disappear into the wilderness and TRAIN people into being effective 5th columns.
edit on 2-1-2012 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by partycrasher

why does the govt know you have a gun(s) when you can buy used from private owner, no paperwork, no waiting period, pay cash.

Background checks are registration. But yeah you are right about private sales.

besides govt gun confiscation will create a larger blackmarket,

Which is why they want to fase out physical currency and turn everything to electronic money.

people will be making homemade zipguns

People? By that you mean 0.00001% of people who know how?

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   

I love how the idiots would die for the ability to have guns...they would risk the lives of their family and friends just so they can have a few guns.

If guns actually helped you in any way to control the government than you wouldn't be on here complaining about how your government is screwing you...so basically your whole argument of having guns to protect yourselves from the tyrannical government falls apart when you claim they are taking rights from you left and right.

There are some who actually keep guns for the protection and then the internet tough guys ( you know the ones...my cold dead hands people) are just afraid to lose their manhood.

I take it you don't carry car insurance or fire insurance on your house? After all only an idiot would plan ahead for a possible bad situation and hope for the best while trying to be prepared for the worst in the event things take a left turn somewhere...

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
reply to post by nenothtu

Here's the deal when that time comes. Your choice is either fight, and probably be killed, or surrender to certain death.

I agree, but the majority of people just will not believe the last part ``fight now or surrender to certain death`` or enslavement. People will just NOT believe this. They don't know history. They don't know who really run this world. ``It cannot happen here`` they will think.

Well, there is "death", and there is DEATH. Contrary to popular culture, a physical death is not the worst of all possible outcomes, and I MUCH prefer it to the death of the soul that accompanies succumbing to slavery - that is a certain death, no less so, and in many respects worse than, a mere bullet to the head. That's my own personal opinion. The mileage of others may vary. After all, there's a new xbox release always just around the corner...

It's not academic - I've faced that choice, and let me tell ya, it's a sinking feeling.

And you were trained for it and you were already somewhat ``prepared`` for it. The general public is NOT... not at all.

But like you say, veterans know and are prepared. If there's any armed resistance movement in the US at some point, it's gonna be from veterans and active military. They need not to die, but to disappear into the wilderness and TRAIN people into being effective 5th columns.

I'm not Super Man, I'm not Rambo. I'm not special, and I'm no better than the next guy. I just know how I responded, and there is a certain percentage of people, even in the general public, that will reach the same conclusions in a flash.

I hear through the grape vine that there are already contingents of "woods runners" like you mention here already in place, already doing their jobs. Not only training, but setting up relief stations, safe houses and the like, and building the networks that will be necessary.

I'm not one of them. I will most likely die right where I live, with a grin on my face, blood on my lips, and a curse in my mouth. Such is life.

Of course, there's always the off chance that I'll slip into the nearest patch of woods while going for a walk, and not be seen for a month until I turn up in a rebel camp 300 miles down wind, but I'm not betting on that.

edit on 2012/1/2 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo

besides govt gun confiscation will create a larger blackmarket,

Which is why they want to fase out physical currency and turn everything to electronic money.

Barter, baby. They'll never get private transactions stopped until they get full and complete mind control, at which point they won't need fear any sort of rebellion.

people will be making homemade zipguns

People? By that you mean 0.00001% of people who know how?

Force multiplication. Those people are capable of training other people in construction and use. It's not that difficult. I can show you how to build a 12 gauge out of stuff from the hardware store, and it doesn't even care if you have no shotgun shells. It's not a primary weapon - it's intermediary on the way to gaining a real gun by resupply from the opposition through proper use, planning, and tactics. Not difficult at all, if you think it through. Think WWII "Liberator" pistols, and you'll get the hang of it.

I know a Bosnian who got his first weapons that way, along with 2 of his friends, during the Bosnian conflict. You wouldn't believe how many more those three armed after that by making use of what they got ahold of.

Nor how many MORE those, so armed by the first 3, armed in turn.

Trust me, if it ever comes to a shooting war, it will look like guns are growing from trees, there will be so many just laying around on the battlefield. Pick one up, shake the mud and blood off, and go to work.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   

reply to post by HellstormRising

Been watching a bit too much movies...

I can here the tag line for the movies you watch...they have takne his family...etc..they messed with the wrong man...get real..they will do as they please...any resistance you give will be small and insignificant..and no real threat to anyone.

If I were you, I think I'd just stay the hell out of his way and not test the theory of whether or not he is a "threat" to things that get in his way.

That could get sloppy messy.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by DestroyDestroyDestroy
Resistance is futile. You can kill a few cops who are just doing their jobs, but more will come, and with bigger guns, so what would be the point of resisting? The people who they send are not the culprits, fighting them will get you nowhere, and by killing them you are hurting their families and friends. Don't fight fire with fire.

eta: Obama isn't going to show up at your door himself demanding you to turn over your guns.
edit on 31-12-2011 by DestroyDestroyDestroy because: (no reason given)

Wrong.

Anyone trying to disarm me or throw a home invasion robbery on me is "the culprit". "Just doing their jobs" doesn't get it. Get a different job. An honest one next time.

If it comes to a choice between hurting their families and friends, and hurting mine, which do you think I'll choose in favor of? A better idea is not to force that choice to begin with,

Get an honest job, or learn how to make the one you have honest by telling people giving you illegal orders to go pound salt up their asses.

A job hunt is a better alternative than a head stone.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
A nation of people that cannot defend themselves is a nation of slaves.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaMaa
Not really a concern since I don't have any guns. Not that this is an excuse for complacency mind you, I just simply don't have any guns at the moment. We would like to get a gun, my hubby has talked about getting a shot gun. My oldest son has a pellet gun and we have air soft guns, but not real guns.

What if someone were to buy an unregistered gun, how would they even know you had one to come and take it from you? I'm sure that is probably illegal though isn't it? I'm not in the know when it comes to these things. But my oldest son wants to learn how to hunt and it would be handy to actually have a gun to hunt with I guess.
(we live in the Colorado foothills).

ALL firearms manufactured and purchased in the US in the past 40 years are registered - to someone. The ATF records are kept in a facility at Martinsburg, WV. That's how they track guns used in crimes - they get the serial number, pull up the paperwork, and find out where it was sold, and who to.

All they have to do is go to the registered owner, threaten to toss him in the klink if he doesn't cough up the gun, and he'll roll over on the new owner faster than you can say "backstabber".

So don't worry about trying to buy guns "off the books". Just follow the program, and take it fishing with you next time you go fishing. Careful in that boat, though - they've been known to tip over and drop all the contents to the bottom.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   
If the American Government choose's to go down the path of taking away our 2nd Amendment rights. They ( The Gov) needs a really,really big department dedicated just for that purpose. Do you all realise just how many of us have guns?

Some have one,some have two or more,some own up in the double digits. How is the Gov going to go about the confiscating of all the guns? A daunting task IMHO. I know for a fact I could go just in my neighborhood here in rural N.C. maybe 45 homes in this development. I could fill the back of my pick-up truck with the firearms just in this neighborhood.

We have a community watch . A community watch on steroids, we meet once a month. We practice firearm safety and shooting skills. At present we have 29 Familys onboard. So in my neighborhood we watch out for each other. So when they come for my guns, they should bring a whole hell of a bunch of help, because the fellows across the street will take exception to what's going down. You had better come for theirs too.

This isnt about individuals. One person with a firearm isnt much, is it? 20 to 30 armed men & women protecting their rights & neighbors rights adds up really quick. So those of you who are the ones who will be the force to un-arm America. All ways remember this. They do not make body armor for your heads.

So with that said. " COME AND TAKE THEM" We'll be waiting. All of us.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Shadowalker

Its always the folks from the UK that mouth away about what they had and got taken away.

So true.

I read that most cops in the UK work without guns. Now there is a good idea

We had a big bank robbery out here in North Hollywood where 2 guys with vests and illegal weapons outgunned the cops. The cops had to go shopping, on the spot, for better weapons that would defeat the bad guys vests. The cops had better weapons but they were locked up in the basement and they needed special authorization to get them out, yata yata yata.

So they went to the local gun shop and bought the weapons they needed.

You can still see the video sometimes on the cops channel on cable.

edit on 14-1-2012 by kawika because: corectolated spel'n err

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join