It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blowback and the Importance of Understanding History

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
"Once you become knowledgeable, you have an obligation to do something about it." Dr. Ron Paul

If people truly understood the term “blowback” along with a true understanding of history, then there would be no question of Dr. Ron Paul’s foreign policy sentiment. It would, however, be inconvenient for those who prosper from war at the expense of millions of human lives and billions of dollars squandered by governments.

MSM definition of Blowback – the unintended consequence of foreign operations

CIA definition of Blowback – the unintended consequence of foreign operations that were deliberately kept secret from the American public.

Some might say other countries and religious beliefs hate us because of who we are and what we stand for, well I say that the attitude that allows that statement to be made is why they hate us - Arrogance. Arrogance in thinking that we should shape the political and economic landscapes of foreign nations by overt, as well as covert, means to suit the United States. It is not even conceivable that any group of people, however intelligent and knowledgeable they may be, can know all potential outcomes of foreign operations on the security of the United States.

Do you want to honor our veterans by doing cursory things like putting bumper stickers on your car or do you want to honor them by really listening to what they have to say? They die for us, let’s fight for them!

"Once you become knowledgeable, you have an obligation to do something about it." Dr. Ron Paul

edit on 30/12/2011 by Iamonlyhuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

I love this video, but sadly, I think it's too long and educational for the people who mindlessly support these trillion dollar wars

If Fox News would take 15 minutes out of the O Reilly Factor, and in its place played this entire video, imagine how turned around those viewers lives would be.
edit on 30-12-2011 by TupacShakur because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by TupacShakur

I think the further we get into this re-depression, the more people will listen. Comfort leads to complacency.... Discomfort leads to.. what?

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by TupacShakur

Additionally, this thread is not necessarily about the video, although it does illustrate very well why I believe the things I do on this subject.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
How can you possibly understand your history, when it has been manipulated and changed
for thousands of years.You have no historical facts,everything you have been taught is b.s......

new topics

top topics

join